360 Must have games

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kmasterflex3128 (95 posts) -

I just got my 360 (Finally!!!!) but now im having trouble choosing which games to buy. I have 2 crappy games that comes with the system (some comic book game and driving game) and I think I should go out and buy myself some decent games... I'm already planning on getting GoW and Assassin's Creed, for these two were the reasons why I got a 360, and for some reason Halo doesnt interrest me.

So, besides these three, what are some MUST HAVES for the 360? Oh yeh, plz include the xbox arcade games as well, ive been playing some trials on the arcade, and they have some really interresting mini-games too.

#2 Posted by RushMetallica (4501 posts) -
Forza 2 is a very good game, but I would recommend call of duty 4 and Gears of war.
#3 Posted by ZimpanX (12636 posts) -
Mass Effect, The Orange Box, Oblivion, DOA4, COD4 and Bioshock to name a few
#4 Posted by kmasterflex3128 (95 posts) -

Forza 2 is a very good game, but I would recommend call of duty 4 and Gears of war.RushMetallica

yeh, i just noticed that it got a really good reivew... idk, i just dont like driving games, lol... im forced to drive to work and school everyday, dont feel like driving in a game too.

#5 Posted by Remixedhuman (127 posts) -

Call of duty 4 , Assassins creed :)

They will last you a while my freind :)

Have nice christmas.

#6 Posted by justinmolnar (109 posts) -
You should for sure get Call of Duty 4 and if you liked GTA ot all you should get saints Row and anouther good game is crackdown for sure!!!
#7 Posted by Naruto (8673 posts) -
Oblivion, COD 4, Mass Effect at least.
#8 Posted by toxicmog (6355 posts) -

Crackdown

Orange Box

Bioshock

Overlord

Eternal Sonata

Dead Rising

Are all fun games, Crackdown and dead rising are just awesome.

Arcade games: Puzzle quest and Streets of rage 2 are amazing. (If you ever owned a Sega then you would know streets of rage is amazing!)

#9 Posted by Tillekaratne (18 posts) -
I might avoid Assassin's Creed, if I were you. I'd pick Oblivion over it, because it's cheaper and has about 100 hours of gameplay in it, as opposed to the 10 that it took me to complete Assassin's Creed. Really, it was nowhere near as good as I expected.
#10 Posted by toxicmog (6355 posts) -

I might avoid Assassin's Creed, if I were you. I'd pick Oblivion over it, because it's cheaper and has about 100 hours of gameplay in it, as opposed to the 10 that it took me to complete Assassin's Creed. Really, it was nowhere near as good as I expected.Tillekaratne

i liked oblivion, but all of its loading going in and out of buildings ruined it for me in the end

#11 Posted by FrozenTw (264 posts) -

Driving: Forza 2 for realism, PGR4 for less.

FPS: Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Orange Box, Bioshock

RPG: Mass Effect, Oblivion GOTY

Action: Assassin's Creed

#12 Posted by shizzo01220 (114 posts) -

A lot of people will say Oblivion, but I just couldn't get into that game. I played it for about 20 hours and sold it. Must haves for me would be:

COD 4

Lost Planet (the multiplayer is really fun and you can get the game on the cheap now)

Mass Effect

Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 (its just really fun, especially with friends)

At least one sports game (NHL 2008, NBA 2K8, MADDEN 08, THE BIGS)

Puzzle Quest

Guitar Hero III

I also hear that The Orange Box is fun, but I don't own it yet. GoW was fun for a while, but it lost its luster. I didn't like the multiplayer.

#13 Posted by Smoke89 (3575 posts) -
I wouldn't buy assassins creed, but thats your call. COD4, oblivion, halo 3 if your into halo, mass effect, eternal sonata if u like RPGs
#14 Posted by woody411 (270 posts) -

lost planet,bioshock are good.do not get crackdown it is a waste of money,there is no object to the game.

#15 Posted by ThatsKool9 (99 posts) -
CoD4,GoW,Halo3,Guitar Hero II and III,Rock Band,GoW,The Orange Box,Assassins Creed,Mass Effect(MUST HAVE),Oblivion,any of the clancy games,F.E.A.R(and FILES),Saints Row,Forza2(is good),Condemned,The Darkness,DoA4,Bioshock,and Overlord.
#16 Posted by MERC_RECONN (2971 posts) -

Mass Effect

COD4

#17 Posted by Pinman_DS9 (468 posts) -
I would recommend Mass Effect, The Orange Box, Oblivion, COD4, and Bioshock. Forza 2 is a good choice as well. Condemned isn't everyone's cup of tea but it has great creep value and is available for a good price. It's achievements are quite the scavenger hunt, however.
#18 Posted by Asasinator (464 posts) -
get COD4 and Oblivion
#19 Posted by eyona (5 posts) -

Happy Holiday's fellow gamer,

Please be respectful when talking about these so called "crappy games" - You may not be able to comprehend but many teams of people put a lot of hard work into what you may call crappy - Just that you didn't like those style of games would be fine -It's the holiday's, can't you be happy and speak positively?? Is it that hard to crack a smile? Theseare allpieces of art no matter how crappy they are! OK -For jeez sake you have a360!! I will only tell you that you are going to cheat your self out of an awesome experience what is Halo 3!! Please re-consider and this is coming from a die-hard gamer veteran of 27 + years of gaming experience.

Gears(GoW) a Must Have Please have Microsoft points available for all the Gears Maps download!, Call of Duty 4 COD4 - Short Single Player but a massive Multi-Player, Mass Effect! I don't know if you like Sci-Fi, or Tactical Squad Shooters but Mass Effect is an excellent game with 30+ Hours of game-play and that is if you do not complete all side missions. Assassins Creed is an Excellent game(On a personal note the story let me down a little but not enough to bring the score below a 9.0) but a well made game that allows you to fully move around, jump from building to building, balcony to balcony or Roof to Roof as an Assassin in the 3rd Crusades Middle east cities such as ancient Damascus, Jerusalem, and perform acrobatics ala PoP allowing sword play with multiple enemies! Superb Graphics and Excellent Camera! (The team that did Prince of Persia apparently worked on this game as well.) Alas read the review:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/assassinscreed/review.html?tag=tabs;reviews

Must have XBLA titles like: Undertow - Under Water shooter Multi-player; Space Giraffe - Like a Re-Make of Tempest!!PoP Classic - However it runs on the New Prince of Persia Engine.. This should be in everyone's XBLA list - Alien Hominid HD - Bar none a 5 Star, AAA original that was successful in downloads from the Internet to a great seller on PS2!! Castelvania Symphony of the Night - A Castelvania lover's must have. Assault Hero's - Excellent for playing with a friend over XBox Live! (I felt like it was a mix of Contra/Blaster Master with Overhead 3rd Person Perspective Play - Excellent Sierra Title) If you like Street Fighter II Turbo - It's there as well as Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate Edition - If you like fighting that is. Puzzlers - Hexic HD, Tetris, Lumines Live (Have MS points for the other downloads) Even Battle Star Galactica - Very Short game but has a nice multi-player feature. Every Extend Extra Extreme (E4) - Different type of game?? Shooter Puzzler! There's alot out there and they all have a demo feature - Try before you buy, and that's what makes XBLA so good.

You can catch me on CoD4 and GoW. Peace and chicken grease to all my fellow gamers - Jump in and Game on!

PS - Please Read Gamespot's Reviews - Watch the Video Reviews, you are a member no? Sign up. It's worth it.

#20 Posted by VexRed4 (135 posts) -

Forza 2 is a very good game, but I would recommend call of duty 4 and Gears of war.RushMetallica

Werd!

#21 Posted by SMASHED_ASPHALT (1777 posts) -

Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Fight Night Round 3 (good cheap boxing game) Orange Box - 5 games in one, Bioshock.

#22 Posted by Warlord20 (2855 posts) -

Must Have Games.

1) Gears of War

2) Call of Duty 2 and 4

3) Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 1 ans 2

4) The Elder Scrolls - Oblivion

5) Assassins Creed

6) Rainbow 6 Vegas

There are a few more i would recommend but those are the main ones. I only recommend games i have played so i am sure there are more games that are worth getting that i have not mentioned. I've made reviews on almost all the games i own so you can have a look there and see. ;)

#23 Posted by longhair72 (4580 posts) -

FrozenTw

He already has Forza 2 and apparently he considers it a creappy game since that was the driving game he got with his systewm tougether with Marvel Ultimate alliance wich, by the way, are 2 very respectable games

Anyway all i am playing right now is call of Duty 4 and i love it. It is my goty

I would get a Game Fly account if i were you...too many games to recommend only a fiew

#24 Posted by Gregoroth (2552 posts) -
Shooters

Halo 3
Gears of War
BioShock
The Orange Box

Racing

SEGA Rally
Forza 2
PGR 4
DiRT

RPG

Enchanted Arms
Mass Effect
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata

Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5
Dead or Alive 4

Arcade

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Mortal Kombat 3
Worms
Golden Axe
#25 Posted by msdd9 (2957 posts) -

OBLIVION

Mass Effect

Crackdown

Saint's Row

Dead Rising

Just to name a few.

#26 Posted by ambles235 (283 posts) -

Note: Most of those games are best just for rentals.

Rentals:

• Orange Box
  • Bioshock
  • Mass Effect (Unless you loveRPG's like me, which is a buy :D )
  • Assassins Creed

Buys:

• Guitar Hero III (So much fun, multiplayers, and endless arcadey fun)

Or

• Rock Band (If you can find one, GET IT! :) )
  • Forza 2
  • Oblivion
  • Call of Duty 4 (Awesome Multiplayer)
  • Rainbow Six: Vegas (Great for online with friends, endless fun!)

Arcades:

• Puzzle Quest
  • Geometery Wars

Now MY Personal Favourites:

• Mass Effect
  • Rock Band
  • Guitar Hero III
  • Rainbow Six: Vegas

Check out which YOU find the "Funnest" and make your judgements on that, because every gamer is different.....except thoseHalo 3 kids who scare me :?

#27 Posted by fmobliv06 (2390 posts) -
must have games on the 360 are: Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears, Halo 3, Crackdown, Dead Rising, and Eternal Sonata.
#28 Posted by Monkey-Man1234 (469 posts) -
Oblivion is my favorite game of all time. I would also suggest Dead Rising, although a lot of people would disagree.
#29 Posted by vashkey (33766 posts) -

Besides GoW, AC and Halo?

Guitar Hero II and III.

#30 Posted by therealdolemike (128 posts) -

Bioshock,Mass Effect, Lost Planet, halo, gears of war,

#31 Posted by Peter_Cheek (640 posts) -

Oblivion

Gears of War

Bioshock

These three are the best games made so far for the xbox 360.

However if you like multiplayer.Most would go with The Orange Box,Halo 3 and COD4 but I do not like multiplayer.

#32 Posted by Goobafish (45 posts) -

MASS EFFECT!!!!

#33 Posted by snackshack (22 posts) -

Finally someone mentioned Rainbow 6. All recommendations seem to be recent games with the exception of Gears which (based on the lists given) is a little older. Gotta have Rainbow 6.GRAW/GRAW2 is also a personal favorite for story modealthough the multiplayerare notas good.

#34 Posted by seriousgamer20 (38 posts) -

You should get:

gh3

AC is alright if you like doing the same missions over and over again

Mass Effect

CD4

those are the must haves

#35 Posted by DeathStar17 (4858 posts) -

FrozenTw
That pretty much sums it up...
#38 Posted by swn191 (129 posts) -
I would recomend both graw games rainbow 6 cod 4 orange box condemned kane and lynch assassins creed mass effect guitar hero and rock band.
#39 Posted by MIB911 (1720 posts) -

Forza 2 is a very good game.RushMetallica

not really... anyway my MUST have games for the 360 are Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 and Gears of War. everything else is based on the gamers opinion.

#40 Posted by MIB911 (1720 posts) -
oh and XBLA must haves are Aegis Wing and Small Arms
#41 Posted by MIB911 (1720 posts) -
[QUOTE="Peter_Cheek"]

Oblivion

Gears of War

Bioshock

These three are the best games made so far for the xbox 360.

However if you like multiplayer.Most would go with The Orange Box,Halo 3 and COD4 but I do not like multiplayer.

swn191

Well your weird if you dont like multiplayer

lol thats what i thought. i mean who doesnt like MultiPlayer honestly..?

#42 Posted by Vint24 (1056 posts) -
Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo 3 (if u like Halo), Call of Duty 2 and 4, Crackdown, Saints Row, NFS Most Wanted (it's cheap and it's just fun).
#43 Posted by FlashCharge (2239 posts) -
If you had one game to add it would be COD4.
#44 Posted by calikingz (32 posts) -

Gears of War, Saints Row, Ghost of Recon, COD 2 & 4, Oblivion just to name a few. :) :D

#45 Posted by RipaX21 (1675 posts) -

Retail Games: Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Bioshock, The Orange Box, Forza 2, Dead Rising, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Rainbow Six Vegas, Call of Duty 2, and maybe Guitar Hero.

Arcade Games (I haven't played many): Uno, Geometry Wars, Marble Blast Ultra.

Original Xbox Games (if you haven't played them): Fable, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Halo: Combat Evolved, Crimson Skies, Chronicles of Riddick, Jade Empire.

Those should last you a while.

#46 Posted by Generic_Dude (11707 posts) -

I just got my 360 (Finally!!!!) but now im having trouble choosing which games to buy. I have 2 crappy games that comes with the system (some comic book game and driving game) and I think I should go out and buy myself some decent games... I'm already planning on getting GoW and Assassin's Creed, for these two were the reasons why I got a 360, and for some reason Halo doesnt interrest me.

So, besides these three, what are some MUST HAVES for the 360? Oh yeh, plz include the xbox arcade games as well, ive been playing some trials on the arcade, and they have some really interresting mini-games too.

kmasterflex3128

Forza 2 is not a crappy game. It's probably the best racing sim I've played. If you're not into sims and want a racing game, PG4 is terrific too.

As for must-haves, I'd say...

RPGs: Oblivion GOTY Edition and Mass Effect
Shooters: Bioshock, Orange Box, Halo 3... maybe COD4 too.
Rhythm: Rock Band

Arcade: Bomberman Live, Lumines Live

#47 Posted by Yakman2 (181 posts) -
Oblivion, GTA4, Halo 3, CoD4, GH3, to name a few.
#48 Posted by mkeyou (994 posts) -
gta 4 is not out yet,
#49 Posted by Louis-D (1867 posts) -
Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto IV and Halo 3.
#50 Posted by Gamerzone23 (497 posts) -
Grand Theft Auto 4 (If you loved San Andreas I wouldn't consider it) Call of Duty 4 Saints Row 1 or 2 Forza Mothersport 2 (If you played a lot of Gran Turismo the handling may feel a bit weird for a while) Rock Band 2 (If you have enough money) Oblivion Gears of War (It's really easy to avoid school and other responsibility if played online) Splinter Cell Double Agent (Really cheap) PGR 3