360 HD versus "normal" tv

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blackmagic123
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts

Im thinking of puchasing an xbox 360 but if i got one i would be playing it on a normal tv with composite cables.

Im basically wondering if there is a big enough difference in picture quality for me to not even bother and if someone could maybe post a link to screenshots.

Thanks in advance.

(by the way if i dont get a 360 ill get a wii because its cheap and looks like a lot of fun)

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
When I got a 360 on launch all I had was a SDTV. I thought it looked insanely good and wondered what all the hype was about HDTVs since it looked so good on my SDTV. Well.. then I purchased an HDTV.. its a very very big difference and is so worth upgrading. That said, its still TOTALLY worth getting a 360 even if you have a SDTV. The games still look very nice.. when you upgrade to an HDTV.. its just a major added plus.. so if you get a 360 you'll always know that once you get a HDTV it will look EVEN BETTER! Word of warning with the Wii.. We have one at work at our studio and its cool for about an hour.. then the newness of the Wiimote totally wears off. If you have been playing games most of your life, the Wii wont satisify the gamer that is inside you. Its very casual, great for people that dont play games as much as most of us here do.
III-Rob-III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 III-Rob-III
Member since 2007 • 827 Posts
I have a sdtv right now and im satisfied, never played on a hdtv though :( i feel so deprived lol off topic: Cellien Your sig is so hilarious haha.
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cellien
[QUOTE="III-Rob-III"]I have a sdtv right now and im satisfied, never played on a hdtv though :( i feel so deprived lol off topic: Cellien Your sig is so hilarious haha.

Thanks.. I got an email from some PS3 fanboy pissed about it lol. He said it was so incorrect.. but its the hard truth. I looked up all the prices on Gamestop and just did sales tax for my state. They just dont like hearing it...
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
hdtv is worth it, but by no means necessary. get to it when you can.
Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gen_Mojo
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

[QUOTE="III-Rob-III"]I have a sdtv right now and im satisfied, never played on a hdtv though :( i feel so deprived lol off topic: Cellien Your sig is so hilarious haha.Cellien
Thanks.. I got an email from some PS3 fanboy pissed about it lol. He said it was so incorrect.. but its the hard truth. I looked up all the prices on Gamestop and just did sales tax for my state. They just dont like hearing it...

well we can say the same for the 360 if you truely wanna compare the 360 is more expensive by about $40

but on topic HDTV makes a huge difference i had an SDTV for 1 month before i broke and bought a HDTV for my bedroom and omg ill never go back to SDTV now

whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whoisryanmack

[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="III-Rob-III"]I have a sdtv right now and im satisfied, never played on a hdtv though :( i feel so deprived lol off topic: Cellien Your sig is so hilarious haha.Gen_Mojo

well we can say the same for the 360 if you truely wanna compare the 360 is more expensive by about $40

but on topic HDTV makes a huge difference i had an SDTV for 1 month before i broke and bought a HDTV for my bedroom and omg ill never go back to SDTV now

:roll:

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cellien

[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="III-Rob-III"]I have a sdtv right now and im satisfied, never played on a hdtv though :( i feel so deprived lol off topic: Cellien Your sig is so hilarious haha.Gen_Mojo

To play games in HD on a 360 with a friend over: Premium Console (which comes with HD cables): $399 + $60 (Game) + $40 (controller) = $499.. plus tax. Dare to compare :) Oh.. and please dont try and add in the HD-DVD player.. its purely optional and has nothing to do with games. And, dont add in Live because it too is totally optional and you dont need it to play with a friend (hence why I added extra controller to the list). Bottom line its MUCH cheaper to get what you need to play games with the 360 than a PS3, with hardware that is shown to be nearly identical in power with the 360 actually having proved more capable thus far.
Prime2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Prime2099
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I bought a HDTV when i got my 360 so right off the bat it's looked good for me. When i brought it home during X-Mas, i hooked it up to my parent's tv and noticed a big difference. On the HDTV Madden was really detailed and you could read the names on the back of the players jersey, but on the regular TV it was really grainy and hard to read. That's the best way i could describe it to you, but once you see it you will immediatly notice the difference.
StalwartXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StalwartXX
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts

First HDTV I'll play my 360 on is my mate Laura's dad's 63 inch HDTV. It's huge and it'll be incredible. I played it on their 54 inch SDTV n it was amazing. If the HD graphics are as big a step up from SD as ppl say I may be required to fabricate a plan to move a 63 inch HDTV over 20 miles with no car...hmmmmm

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cellien

First HDTV I'll play my 360 on is my mate Laura's dad's 63 inch HDTV. It's huge and it'll be incredible. I played it on their 54 inch SDTV n it was amazing. If the HD graphics are as big a step up from SD as ppl say I may be required to fabricate a plan to move a 63 inch HDTV over 20 miles with no car...hmmmmm

StalwartXX
Just a note.. HD on such a large TV doesnt seem to look much better than a smaller SDTV.. You really need to compare it on a normal size TV to see the difference. Playing 720p on a 63" will probably look like playing 480i on a 27". If its a 1080p 63" TV.. now that might make a difference.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whoisryanmack
[QUOTE="StalwartXX"]

Cellien
Just a note.. HD on such a large TV doesnt seem to look much better than a smaller SDTV.. You really need to compare it on a normal size TV to see the difference. Playing 720p on a 63" will probably look like playing 480i on a 27". If its a 1080p 63" TV.. now that might make a difference.

i dont think so.
StalwartXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StalwartXX
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts
All I know is they have stupidly huge TVs and it looked good enough on the huge SDTV they have. *shrug*
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cellien
[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="StalwartXX"]

whoisryanmack

i dont think so.

Well I do! :P