This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by waynehead895 (18660 posts) -

Has anyone tried this on their 360 d-pad.

I'm seriously thinking about it now that Tekken 6 and MVC2 are gonna be on the 360.

I wanna know if it really makes the D-pad that much better.

#2 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -

I was just thinking about this the other day.

This needs to be done before SF4 comes out.

#3 Posted by waynehead895 (18660 posts) -

I was just thinking about this the other day.

This needs to be done before SF4 comes out.

limpbizkit818
And This.
#4 Posted by Mau-Justice (4907 posts) -
Just get a Hori stick, or the ArcadeInABox. If you're a fan of fighters, an arcade stick is a must own.
#5 Posted by waynehead895 (18660 posts) -
Just get a Hori stick, or the ArcadeInABox. If you're a fan of fighters, an arcade stick is a must own.Mau-Justice
I suck on the arcade sticks. Well not really suck but I have more control on fighters with a d-pad. I've never been able to pull off the crazy combos in MVC 2 using a stick.
#6 Posted by Mau-Justice (4907 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]Just get a Hori stick, or the ArcadeInABox. If you're a fan of fighters, an arcade stick is a must own.waynehead895
I suck on the arcade sticks. Well not really suck but I have more control on fighters with a d-pad. I've never been able to pull off the crazy combos in MVC 2 using a stick.

Oh ok, makes sense. I grew up on SF, MK, Soul Edge and Tekken in arcades. So I guess it gets a nostalgia bonus for me.

#7 Posted by waynehead895 (18660 posts) -

[QUOTE="waynehead895"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]Just get a Hori stick, or the ArcadeInABox. If you're a fan of fighters, an arcade stick is a must own.Mau-Justice

Oh ok, makes sense. I grew up on SF, MK, Soul Edge and Tekken in arcades. So I guess it gets a nostalgia bonus for me.

I spent time in the arcades too. But when I bought the games for home I never got a stick for the systems. So when I practice all the combos and stuff I learned them with a D-Pad. Just never able to pull them off with the same success on a stick.
#8 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

[QUOTE="waynehead895"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]Just get a Hori stick, or the ArcadeInABox. If you're a fan of fighters, an arcade stick is a must own.waynehead895

I spent time in the arcades too. But when I bought the games for home I never got a stick for the systems. So when I practice all the combos and stuff I learned them with a D-Pad. Just never able to pull them off with the same success on a stick.

This happened to me as well.

I just grew accustom to using the SNES d-pad and would rather see if this trick works before I go a drop some extra cash on arcade sticks.

#10 Posted by AtlanticRock (8123 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]Just get a Hori stick, or the ArcadeInABox. If you're a fan of fighters, an arcade stick is a must own.waynehead895

Me Too, I'm bad at arcade sticks, even though that didn't stop me from playing Street Fighter IV in chinatown last week... I just prefer the d-pad(Dreamcast Dpad = the best)

I want the Euro 360 controller, the green one with the new dpad, is there a way to import that??? I need to play Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters 98, and Street Fighter II HD Remix the right way

#11 Posted by meme378 (548 posts) -

Has anyone tried this on their 360 d-pad.

I'm seriously thinking about it now that Tekken 6 and MVC2 are gonna be on the 360.

I wanna know if it really makes the D-pad that much better.

waynehead895

I haven't tried it personally, but Dream-Visions recommended it to me a while ago when SCIV was released. I prefer using the analogue stick on the controller which is why i didn't do it. It's supposed to work and i don't see why it wouldn't. You just have to be careful when opening the controller as everything could spill out and cause havoc!! (it's not really that bad).

#12 Posted by AtlanticRock (8123 posts) -
Any news on the green Euro 360 pad imports?