360 disc tray won't open

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rocklegacy2 (8428 posts) -
I push the eject button and it seems like it's stuck as it only budges a millimeter or two. I'm thinking of prying it open with something but i am sort of scared that i'll damage it. anyone had this problem? if so - any tips?
#2 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
I've had this once and found it was because something sticky was on the side of the disk tray, i cleaned it and had no problems.
#3 Posted by rocklegacy2 (8428 posts) -
i see. i'll try that then - thanks man.
#4 Posted by gibson-les-rick (797 posts) -
This is a very common problem-you have a sticky disk tray, do you have your console standing up?
#5 Posted by nofriekinlemons (1392 posts) -

I've also had this prob before, mine would not open and there was nothing sticky on it it just opened when it wanted to

so I had to return it, hope you can find the problem.

#6 Posted by lordking65 (834 posts) -
do you have your 360 standing vertically? that might be the problem. if you have it horizontal, you wont have this problem. its cuz when you have it standing vertically, the dics leans to the right and blocking itself to eject.
#7 Posted by xsubtownerx (10705 posts) -

do you have your 360 standing vertically? that might be the problem. if you have it horizontal, you wont have this problem. its cuz when you have it standing vertically, the dics leans to the right and blocking itself to eject.lordking65

lol.. no it doesen't.

#8 Posted by blood_b45 (234 posts) -
I have the same problems so I place it horizontal and when I press eject , then I tap the disk tray so it can open.
#9 Posted by Rynosaur (40 posts) -

I have had this problem many times, though it occurs only every now and then. I have found that if I simply put a bit on pressure on the disc tray- gently pushing it in and downward a little (on a horizontally oriented console), the tray pops right out. This first happened to me well over a year ago and is the only problem I have ever had with my 360.

#10 Posted by darkserpent213 (1195 posts) -

do you have your 360 standing vertically? that might be the problem. if you have it horizontal, you wont have this problem. its cuz when you have it standing vertically, the dics leans to the right and blocking itself to eject.lordking65

Completly false. I had my last two 360's sitting horizontal and they both had this disc drive issue. I returned it and got another one.

#11 Posted by tommat119944 (970 posts) -

[QUOTE="lordking65"]do you have your 360 standing vertically? that might be the problem. if you have it horizontal, you wont have this problem. its cuz when you have it standing vertically, the dics leans to the right and blocking itself to ejecect

Completly false. I had my last two 360's sitting horizontal and they both had this disc drive issue. I returned it and got another one.

darkserpent213
[QUOTE="darkserpent213"]

[QUOTE="lordking65"]do you have your 360 standing vertically? that might be the problem. if you have it horizontal, you wont have this problem. its cuz when you have it standing vertically, the dics leans to the right and blocking itself to eject.darkserpent213

He said that might be the problem. MIGHT. I never had anything happen to my 360 for the year i've had it.

#12 Posted by lordking65 (834 posts) -

[QUOTE="lordking65"]do you have your 360 standing vertically? that might be the problem. if you have it horizontal, you wont have this problem. its cuz when you have it standing vertically, the dics leans to the right and blocking itself to eject.xsubtownerx

lol.. no it doesen't.

i said it might be the problem. im not sure if you know how to read sir.

#13 Posted by dk_800 (1 posts) -
i have had this same problem but none of this stuff you guys saying is even working for me so i dont know what to do any ideas???
#14 Posted by Eric_Drav3n (2729 posts) -

I have this problem with mine, I always tap the tray a few times after i press eject, then it opens

#15 Posted by BaconB1ts123 (1294 posts) -
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

[QUOTE="lordking65"]do you have your 360 standing vertically? that might be the problem. if you have it horizontal, you wont have this problem. its cuz when you have it standing vertically, the dics leans to the right and blocking itself to eject.lordking65

lol.. no it doesen't.

i said it might be the problem. im not sure if you know how to read sir.

The disk does NOT lean and block the eject. That would be ridiculous.
#16 Posted by RAMRODtheMASTER (8107 posts) -
Maybe you fed it too much and it's not hungry anymore.