360 controller flashing problem...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for easykill_astari
easykill_astari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 easykill_astari
Member since 2007 • 704 Posts

Hi mates!

The guide button on my 360 controller is constantly flashing when i play.

The numbers on it are flashing like this : 1 and 2 flash then 3 and 4 flash then 1 and 2 again and so..

Anyone knows what it means ? I want to make sure everything is O.K as I have heard of A LOT of over heating problems, I have a "base fan" on it ( The one whit the green light on it ) and i wanted to make sure it works fine, becauze if it does not, I will go pick up the new Nyco one they had at E3!

Thanks!

violent_spinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 violent_spinal
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
Did you check the batteries? lol
easykill_astari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 easykill_astari

Yeeeeeeess?

I have just checked em'

The still have 3 bars in the little batterie icon...

Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Flipyap28
Member since 2008 • 3865 Posts
if its not connecting to the 360 and its wireless, you need to hold that little button near where you charge it and you need to hold that connect button on the 360 (darn im bad with remembering names)
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
The flashing controller lights means it's dying, or that you're hitting the button to make it search for a console to connect with. No overheating problems are ever reflected on the controllers, and add-on fans are useless
adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts
ye check batteries...
easykill_astari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 easykill_astari
if its not connecting to the 360 and its wireless, you need to hold that little button near where you charge it and you need to hold that connect button on the 360 (darn im bad with remembering names)Flipyap28
It is wireless but it works perfectly fine! It just flashes 2 buttons at a time then the 2 others...
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts
does anyone know why after you turn off your xbox the green light is still on the controller?
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
does anyone know why after you turn off your xbox the green light is still on the controller?BLAS1AN
if you turn the console off via the controller, the controller shuts down with it. otherwise the controller stays on for ~10 minutes, until it automatically shuts itself off. not sure why they did it that way, but there's probably a reason, as having the controller be shut off at the same time can't be that difficult.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BLAS1AN
okay thanks. i was wondering because i always take the batteries out so it doesnt run out my batteries.
Alex250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Alex250
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
my xbox controller flashes green too, but it doesnt work. when i turn it on the light flashes, the 360 doesnt turn on and nothing. and after i turn the xbox on myself it turns on but when i push A or START at the Start menu, nothing happens. does any1 know what the problem is cuz im getting really pissed (its brand new almost...1 week old):evil:
boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]does anyone know why after you turn off your xbox the green light is still on the controller?Makari
if you turn the console off via the controller, the controller shuts down with it. otherwise the controller stays on for ~10 minutes, until it automatically shuts itself off. not sure why they did it that way, but there's probably a reason, as having the controller be shut off at the same time can't be that difficult.

Ive just tested what you said and my controllers all turn off when I turn my systems (PRO and ELITE) off from the console always have done I don't know why your controller stays on

Fogotmypantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fogotmypantz
Member since 2005 • 821 Posts

my xbox controller flashes green too, but it doesnt work. when i turn it on the light flashes, the 360 doesnt turn on and nothing. and after i turn the xbox on myself it turns on but when i push A or START at the Start menu, nothing happens. does any1 know what the problem is cuz im getting really pissed (its brand new almost...1 week old):evil:Alex250

sync the controller to the xbox360. Push the little white button on the xbox, then the little white button on top of the remote. They should blink together once synced.

klasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 klasco
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts

my controller does that too its not a problem its just does that randomly its only a problem if your xbox360 starts flashing red lights, your controller is fine btw they are green lights right?

but mines in this order 1, 4 then 2, 3.

klasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 klasco
if all lights flash at once then its sync
PdPstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 PdPstyle
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts
yea my controllers turn off with the system as well...and the flashing lights usually mean the controller is almost dead*wireless* but I do have one rouge controller that will randomly flash with 2 or 3 bars left so maybe you just have a crazy one like me
klasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 klasco
the controller shuts off for mine either way if i turn the x360 off when i use the controller or turn the x360 off the controller shuts down with it (this happens with your main controller if you had to sync yours manually then it will not work, if you use the same controller on the one x360 alot then that becomes the main controller for certain profile and then my point is true)
omezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 omezzy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i think you need to sync it.
WizardCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WizardCM
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Thanks. Been having the same problem as OP, but after a while mine disconnects. I'll try syncing it now.
hitman_o1o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 hitman_o1o
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

duh it's common sense.two flashing quadrants indicate low battery,four flashing,very low battery.try inserting new batteries?

cotterell55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cotterell55
Member since 2007 • 249 Posts

[QUOTE="Alex250"]my xbox controller flashes green too, but it doesnt work. when i turn it on the light flashes, the 360 doesnt turn on and nothing. and after i turn the xbox on myself it turns on but when i push A or START at the Start menu, nothing happens. does any1 know what the problem is cuz im getting really pissed (its brand new almost...1 week old):evil:Fogotmypantz

sync the controller to the xbox360. Push the little white button on the xbox, then the little white button on top of the remote. They should blink together once synced.

What happens if he has an elite? lol sorry couldnt resist,

gamerdad7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamerdad7
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts

The flashing lights are annoying. Controller works but lights keep flashing!. Shows two bars but maybe that isn't accurate. Any other ideas if new batts don't work?

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]does anyone know why after you turn off your xbox the green light is still on the controller?boyinfridge

Ive just tested what you said and my controllers all turn off when I turn my systems (PRO and ELITE) off from the console always have done I don't know why your controller stays on

the green light is real suttle if you look at it closely. it seems like its off

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

The flashing lights are annoying. Controller works but lights keep flashing!. Shows two bars but maybe that isn't accurate. Any other ideas if new batts don't work?

gamerdad7
You do realize this thread is 2.25 years old.
gamerdad7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamerdad7
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts

Batteries worked!

bhm1104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bhm1104
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i have a new xbox 360 console with kinect...it is a brand new black console and i tried to used my old 360 controllers as well as the new one that came with the console but all it does is flash I read on here that I need to "sync" my controllers with the console but i am not sure how to "sync" the controllers with the new console. any ideas please let me know.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Your batteries are low. It is on 3 bars but it probably dips down to 2 every so often. It starts flashing at 2 bars. EDIT: Sorry was not aware this was a necropost.