2 gamertags sharing xbox live games help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 buster007
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts

I had an xbox 360 elite. I bought and downloaded xbox live arcade games. I paid for and played them on my profile. My GF created an xbox profile/gamertag. She and i could both play the full games on either of our profiles, get the achievments ect. life was good. My xbox elite died. I bought and xbox arcade. i put my elite's hard drive on the new arcade and life went on. We just discovered that now my GF's profile cannot play the downloaded xbox live games anymore. only access to trial's if that. now my question is. WTF? We were both able to play and enjoy. Now she cannot but i can.

what changed? i mentioned the switch of the consoles because i thought maybe that may have had something to do with it but i really dont know.... if anyone could help with this i would be really greatful. Thanks in advance.

buster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 buster007
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts

oh, and any xbox games i downloaded on the new arcade console, my GF DOES have access to. Just nothing i downloaded on my old console. WTF?

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

oh, and any xbox games i downloaded on the new arcade console, my GF DOES have access to. Just nothing i downloaded on my old console. WTF?

buster007
thats the way it is.....my sister can access the arcade games i have
Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Go to Xbox.com and do a license transfer...Your games are still licensed to your old console so you need to change it to your new one...It's really simple and should fix your problem.;)

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
The problem is simple. Games you download of XBLA have their license for use bound to two things. A: The gamertag that they were downloaded/bought with and B: The console they were originall downloaded on. If you swap the harddrive to another console as you have done or even just download them to another console then only the gamertag they were bought for can access them. Its an identity thing. The solution is to go to xbox.com and look up how to transfer the licenses for the content. Once thats done everyone can access them again. Mind you this can only be done once a year so dont go changing consoles to much.