Your Thoughts on the Timeshift Demo???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

evanball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 evanball
Member since 2004 • 683 Posts

The new demo for Timeshift, a new FPS for the 360 coming this holiday season. Did anyone download the demo? If not why not? If so, what did you think of it?

I thought it was really great, great controls, the concept is cool and it works well. The only problem for me was the length of the demo. It was extremely short so I really couldnt get a good feel for the game. But it is looking really good and I might look in to buying it.

On a side note, I just thought I would say that demos on XBLM is a great tool to help them get their games out to consumers. I am sure it increases sales and it helps gamers who don't follow all the games in the industry, find games that they will like and want to play.

Cheers

themtman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 themtman
Member since 2004 • 937 Posts
it was really fun especially in slow motion with that torque bow thing and seeing people blow into pieces in slow motion
Betaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Betaslayer
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts
I haven't downloaded it yet but the majority of ppl that i've seen talk about it here on GS forums say it's simply a FPS with the time controls. I might download it later this weekend and see for myself.
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
It's like Blinx the Time Sweeper and Unreal Tournament combined into one game. It's pretty fun though, I enjoy this new demo better than the old one.
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

I for one LOVED the demo. I thought it was great fun. I didn't even know it was on the marketplace until I saw some people complaining about it on the forums, so I decided to check it out... wow. The graphics for one look really good. Kind of reminded me of F.E.A.R.... that style of character design and blood effects.

Yes, we've all seen time manipulation before, but I think Timeshift pulls it off very well. Slow, Reverse, or Stop time is a great weapon to have... even though the demo was very scripted in its use (Reverse time only helped once, for example).

Anyways, I think it will be a good game.. at least I hope it will be. I had a blast with the demo and am looking forward to see how Gamespot completely destroys this game with their review :P.

DevilMustCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DevilMustCry
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts
I found it to be pretty generic FPS. Time control is nice in certain areas, graphics are nice and I enjoyed the weapons. Overall I would give it an 8/10 for a demo.
The_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Chronicle
Member since 2005 • 852 Posts
I gave up on this game already. I will not download the demo or buy the game. This game was supposed to come out summer 2006, they delayed it for so long, and the sad part is that its gonna suck.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I'm downloading it right now, but yeah for sure It definitely does increase sales. I'm sure that the BioShock demo convinced a lot of people to pick it up.
azsoonerfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 azsoonerfan1
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

idk.

to me it just didnt feel next-gen.

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
how does it compare to the old demo? I'd try it myself but i dont have my 360 with me