Your last trade in?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

What was the last game you traded in? Also mention if you have any regrets from it.

It's really hard for me to trade in games, the new games are 60$ and it's hard to give them back up. But on the other hand if it's a cheaper game you get nothing for it so it's almost not worth it.

My first trade in of the generation was CoD4. I played it so much, that I now hate it, and doubt I'll ever play it again. I don't regret it, but it took me a while to decide if I was sure about trading it in.

Avatar image for creeping-deth87
creeping-deth87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 creeping-deth87
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
My last trade in was Battlefield: Bad Company. When I first got the game I was really into the campaign, and was in love with it for several missions. I eventually got bored at the utter lack of variety in the environments, everything was forest and dirt trails. A couple missions after the helicopter I decided to try the multiplayer component. It wasn't bad, but it didn't hold a candle to Call of Duty 4 and so I traded it in and bought Oblivion with the money. Dont' have any regrets.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

My last trade in was about 25 games, mostly 360 and since most of the games were pretty old (i.e., GUN, Just Cause, etc.) I was shocked that I got so much for them (around $350 total). Some of the games that I traded in I bought cheap. I paid $9.99 for GUN about a year ago and I got $4 or $5 for it, I think. So that's not bad.

I don't really like to think about the games that I trade in. If I do then I want to play them again, you know? If you have 'em you don't play them, if you don't have 'em you want to play them. It's a catch-22.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
I have never traded in a game. But I have sold games before.
SickSinsEnvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SickSinsEnvy
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

I traded in Kingdom Under Fire:COD. 1st and only next gen trade in.

Loved the previous titles. this had to be the most repetetive and dull game ever. I have never hated a game so much.

grf7291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grf7291
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts

Fight Night Round 3 was the only one and i dont regret it b/c i got all of the achievments and it got old after so many fights and online wasnt that good...i feel the same way you do...i never play crackdown but i know when i trade it in i will miss it and want to play it again...same goes for Oblibion GOTY Edition, GRAW, MLB 2K7, and some others

but ill probably get to my breaking point soon enough

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
Last trade in was Dark Sector, I don't regret it at all.
wazzap1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wazzap1
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts
my last trade in was my ps2 and gh3, so i could get my 360 =)
XxWOND3RB3ADxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XxWOND3RB3ADxX
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

I traded in 5 games to pay for my preorder of ncaa football 09. They were madden 07($1.20) madden 08 ($10.00 i think) Oblivion($9.00) RBSV1 ($10.00 to 12.00 i can't remember and finally i turned in Call of duty 4 ($30)

Call of duty 4 was a great game i just stopped playing it and now i'm playing halo 3 and i'm just going to get call of duty 5

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

I used to trade in alot of games but since I have a job I dont anymore.

My last trade in was Grand Theft Auto 4.

INeedAids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 INeedAids
Member since 2005 • 150 Posts
Last trade-in was LOTR battle for middle earth 2 for 360, hated the game, RTS on consoles isnt a good thing
INeedAids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 INeedAids
Member since 2005 • 150 Posts
Last trade-in was LOTR battle for middle earth 2 for 360, hated the game, RTS on consoles isnt a good thing
russian4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 russian4life
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts
My last trade in was 5 games: Assassins creed Halo 3 NFS ProStreet RSV 1 PGR 4 I dont regret it, with the money, i bought BF bad commpany and GRID, but for the games in total i think i got 76 dollars
fatjoe400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fatjoe400
Member since 2003 • 1880 Posts

The last games I traded in was two psp games, and to this day I regret doing it:(. I wanted to get a little extra change get the Blue Dragon game. The game wasn't that original however, so I quickly lost intrest in it:cry:

amscheip1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 amscheip1
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts
assassin's creed, and i most definitly do not regret it. game got old fast
Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts

Last trade-in was LOTR battle for middle earth 2 for 360, hated the game, RTS on consoles isnt a good thingINeedAids

I love that game. Me and my friends still play it sometimes. I love leveling up heroes and using powers like the Balrog, awesome game especially if you like the LOTR universe.
But my last trade in was N64/Dreamcast games to help pay for the Xbox. I hate myself for it. I traded in my Dreamcast, Broken N64 (I had a new one that I kept.), Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Paper Mario, Lego Racer, Pokemon Snap, Perfect Dark, Majora's mask, Chu Chu Rocket, and some Sonic game. I have no idea what made me do this because I got only $140 and my parents gave me $60. But now that I am older I realize now i could have made that in a week and kept all those awesome games.

PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
Never. I don't trade in games
MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#18 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts
assassin's creed, and i most definitly do not regret it. game got old fastamscheip1
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mau-Justice

I don't really like to think about the games that I trade in. If I do then I want to play them again, you know? If you have 'em you don't play them, if you don't have 'em you want to play them. It's a catch-22.EnderSR388

Exactly, you got it right on. Plus, you always have to think...Am I going to end up buying it yet again and making the whole deal a complete waste?

I'm one of the most indecisive people ever. It's hard to choose a game to buy, it's even harder giving them up...I'm always hanging onto that, "well what if I want to play it again" even though once I put a game down unless it's a real classic, I'm finished with it.

Some games I'm just stuck in the middle with, like DMC4 and NG2, even though Action is one of my favorite Genres, I feel like I've almost accomplished everything I will in those games. It's hard never having them again though, because they are great to play when you are bored of everything else.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I havent traded in a game in like years and I think I have only traded in one game in my life. I dont think its worth trading in games cause I spent $60 for them and I am only going to get $10.
SaintJotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SaintJotun
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts
BF:BC, and bought Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EnderSR388

[QUOTE="EnderSR388"] I don't really like to think about the games that I trade in. If I do then I want to play them again, you know? If you have 'em you don't play them, if you don't have 'em you want to play them. It's a catch-22.Mau-Justice

Exactly, you got it right on. Plus, you always have to think...Am I going to end up buying it yet again and making the whole deal a complete waste?

I'm one of the most indecisive people ever. It's hard to choose a game to buy, it's even harder giving them up...I'm always hanging onto that, "well what if I want to play it again" even though once I put a game down unless it's a real classic, I'm finished with it.

Some games I'm just stuck in the middle with, like DMC4 and NG2, even though Action is one of my favorite Genres, I feel like I've almost accomplished everything I will in those games. It's hard never having them again though, because they are great to play when you are bored of everything else.

Yeah, I do that from time to time with some older games. I used to put in Just Cause just to skydive. Once I had my fill, I'd put it back on the shelf to continue collecting dust. One of the reasons I'm still hanging on to Burnout Paradise is for the update next month that brings motocycles to the Burnout universe! I'll finally get my next gen (or is it current gen now :?) Road Rash game! Even if EA put the proposed Road Rash game on hiatus for now

For some reason I can't bring myself to get rid of my copy of Bioshock. I guess since I haven't finished it completely, I don't want to leave a great story like that unfinished.

A4Audiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 A4Audiguy
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts
My last trade in was actually the first time I had traded a game. It only took me about a day after beating GTA to trade it in, got $35 for it, so I count that as a win.
soccerguy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 soccerguy93
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
I used to trade in all of the time, but then I realized that I might miss some of the games. Last trade-in I made was a few gamecube games about a year ago. Luckily I don't remember which ones they were or I might miss them...
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mau-Justice

It's really hard to get into Bioshock, but trust me you will. I've beaten Bioshock 4 times, and now my Girlfriend has seen me play so much she wants to play through it. That's one game that is locked to me, I'll never trade it. It's the kind of game that I even see myself coming back to after the generation is over.

Hold onto Burnout, I also heard they were going to be adding Jet planes in it soon for free. Kotaku was the source, so it sounds reliable, I thought it was too farfetched at first.

Just Cause, I love it. I had to lend it to a friend, his Xbox scratched it so I bought it again off of amazon for $14.99. I also go back to Hitman like that as well. Even though you know all the missions, there's always different ways of going about each kill.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
I sold the whole system and all the games so I could upgrade my computer. No desire to play any of them ever since... But every time I try to sell my copy of Final Fantasy VII, even though I could get a lot of money, I withdraw...
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts

Madden 08

Fight Night Rd. 3

Need For Speed MW

Ncaa Football 08

I got a total of $110 at Gamestop, but thas was back in January.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EnderSR388

It's really hard to get into Bioshock, but trust me you will. I've beaten Bioshock 4 times, and now my Girlfriend has seen me play so much she wants to play through it. That's one game that is locked to me, I'll never trade it. It's the kind of game that I even see myself coming back to after the generation is over.

Hold onto Burnout, I also heard they were going to be adding Jet planes in it soon for free. Kotaku was the source, so it sounds reliable, I thought it was too farfetched at first.

Just Cause, I love it. I had to lend it to a friend, his Xbox scratched it so I bought it again off of amazon for $14.99. I also go back to Hitman like that as well. Even though you know all the missions, there's always different ways of going about each kill.

Mau-Justice

I forgot about that one! I still have my original copy of Hitman: Blood Money that I bought back in '06, I think, when it was released. I still play it every now and then as well.

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Last games I traded in were Brain Age and Brain Age 2.

Games I seriously regret trading in:

Bioshock, easily in my top 3 games of all time.

Guitar Hero 2, I miss playing Free Bird on expert whenever I had 10 minutes to spare :(

B1aCkeYchaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 B1aCkeYchaN
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
the last game i trade in was GH2 i hate that game becouse on the white notes u cant see them lol and uu have to get them dead on , but i love GH3!!
Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts
Traded in Condemned 2 and Alone in the dark for Bad company yesterday at Blockbuster. Oh and I got 32 for condemned 2 and 35 for Alone in the dark for a total credit of 67 bucks. Walked out with a brand new copy of Bad Company.
Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts
My last ones were Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 which I never played anymore because the lag is unbearable and GTA IV which was just a HUGE disappointment for me. Got UTIII.
renegade11591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 renegade11591
Member since 2006 • 79 Posts
GTA4 and Dragon Ball Z: Burstlimit...GTA was boring got 40% through and just couldnt play it anymore and Burst Limit i bought it the day it came out, beat it and traded it in the next day
JoeyV743

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JoeyV743
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts
i've never traded one in--I just can't bring myself to ever do it because I'm always convinced that I'll replay a game 3 years down the road.
lnehme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 lnehme
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts
my last trade in was 5 old ps2 games (ATV 2 and others) for The Orange Box for xbox 360. No regrets at all.
jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts
I traded in Devil May Cry 4 because it's a piece of sh!t. And Halo 3 because I got bored of it.
roflcoptor1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 roflcoptor1989
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts
^ Same here man. I still even have all of my NES, SNES, GEnesis, N64, PS1,PS2,XBOX, and all 360 games with me. I simply just can't part with any of them.
Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts

Most recently: Pokemon LeafGreen (I only really need 1 version for a GBA game), Pokemon Emerald (I had 2 copies, don't ask), Pokemon Pearl (I could just hack whatever I couldn't get into Diamond), Kirby: Nightmare in DreamLand (sequel came out), FFXIIRW (just got bored of it), and PMD: Explorers of Darkness (SOOOO BORING)

Avatar image for xchiefmegadethx
xchiefmegadethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xchiefmegadethx
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
gta4 i know i never want it play it ever again
cupcake_JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cupcake_JR
Member since 2005 • 279 Posts

The only game I've ever traded in was Rainbow 6 vegas 2. what a god awful sequal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#41 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
i don't think I've traded in a game for years. last time I did was when I sold Revenge of Shinobi for GBA. maybe I didn't exactly trade it, but i sold it.