Xone worth it for an xbox newcomer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

next gen systems I own. PC, 3DS, and WII U.

I only owned a PS3 last generation and I was all "definitely PS4" until I saw the Xbox One $350 assassins Creed bundle, it is very tempting and I like that I have the opportunity to try something different, which is the reason I bought a Wii U. I just have a few questions because I am very very very inexperienced with Xbox consoles.

1. I have only ever played online multi-player on my PC(CoD, battlefield, C&C, WoW, etc). my ps3 was strictly a netflix, DiRT, and Fifa machine when friends came over. Is playing a game of CoD similar to playing it online on PC.. other than the $60 a year I have to pay or is the experience in some way different?

2. I mainly play multiplats when it comes to the whole sony vs. microsoft thing, so If I can't play gran turismo I'll play forza. On either system I'll be excited to play the exclusives. It'll mainly be used for online matches in Cod and fifa and indie games, and as i mentioned before, If I can't play Killzone, I'll play Halo. I don't have a preference. So, does the xone have an upper hand on multiplats? I'm guessing yes because of the better online?

3. As I said I use my ps3 to play movies and use netflix and use it for entertainment purposes a lot so the xbox one has a huge advantage in that direction for me, but even from reading articles about what it can do, I still have never personally experienced it. Is it pretty handy in the entertainment department based on your opinion?

Plus I prefer the controller. However, It's still hard to make the leap since I've had close to nothing worth of experience with the 360 and even less with the One.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I think you'll be happy with an Xbone and to be honest, you are in the Xbox forums so that's the response you should expect. However, I should also mention some other things you brought up in your long OP.

Right now, both machines are weak in terms of games and software. I would rock out the 360 and PS3 and wait a bit longer before making a choice if I had already waited this long, but I own both because I am a collector. I buy at launches knowing that the first year is rough though. Not everyone can deal with that.

I just don't play either that much since 2014 sucked for me.

When I do play them, it's to play the GWG free games or PS+ free games and waiting on more exclusives that interest me. There have been 8 games released on GWG so far, which is cool. There have been 22 games released on PS+ so far which is cool and kind of strange since PS+ is cheaper. You can get $60 XBLG and $50 PS+ on sale, so look for deals. New machines are kind of slow if you remember those first years back in the day for 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, Xbox, GC, Dreamcast, N64, PS1, Saturn, SNES, Genesis, etc. Right now we are in that slow period when the PS4/Xbone are new. The PS4 has about 40 games more than Xbone (which is sizable I suppose), but really though, both libraries are lacking. In the exclusives area, the Xbone has the lead with 12 exclusives and the PS4 only has 9. Coming from last gen machines that have been around 7+ years, these new libraries are tiny! The Wii U released in 2012, so it has had a whole extra year over PS4/Xbone to build it's library. 2015 is going to be an amazing year for Xbone/PS4. That's when the NEXT GEN only games release, like Halo 5, Uncharted 4, The Order, Quantum, Batman Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, and more release. Next year is going to be an amazing year for sure.

If you have made your choice, go for it...I have told my friends to wait for Xmas deals though since those are still coming (Black Friday, Cyber monday, day after Xmas, etc). If you bite the bullet, just be prepared to keep your old consoles around since they aren't outdated yet. Hell, most games releasing are still releasing for PS360 still, so you could theoretically wait until next year and keep seeing price drops and bundles and continue to play the same games on last generation machines (Assassin's Creed is on PS360, COD is on PS360, FIFA is on PS360, Destiny is on PS360, BF is on PS360, Diablo 3 is on PS360, MGS5 is on PS360, Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming to 360, Forza Horizon 2 is on 360, LBP3 is on PS3, The Last of Us is on PS3, Madden is on PS360, GTA5 is on PS360, etc).

The Xbox One $350 assassins Creed bundle you saw doesn't come with Kinect, so the whole entertainment aspect you have heard about is pointless since you won't have access to Kinect. That's the Xbone's bread and butter is buying Kinect to differentiate itself. Personally, I hardly use Kinect, but without it, your old PS3 that you have, sad to say, is better at entertainment than the PS4 or Xbone with regards to app support, format support, etc. I'm used to this. Blu-Ray is an upgrade if you came from 360 to Xbone, but if you come from PS3 to Xbone, you already know all about Blu-Ray. Don't believe the HYPE comes to mind regarding the latest gen. There is some fun to be had, but not at the cost of abandoning last gen...not yet at least. This is par the course though if you watched previous generations play out. I was playing my PS1 still when the PS2 came out. I was playing Xbox when the 360 released.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Nope.

you're also focusing on the wrong things.... The box is fantastic but the real deal breakers lie within the service Microsoft Provides.

If you're not a US Citizen then by default the Xbox is automaticly not for you.

the thing is only Competitive in its home turf.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Nope.

you're also focusing on the wrong things.... The box is fantastic but the real deal breakers lie within the service Microsoft Provides.

If you're not a US Citizen then by default the Xbox is automaticly not for you.

the thing is only Competitive in its home turf.

I own one and I'm from Australia, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything - I am sorry but that's just bullshit. Mind you though I only use mine for gaming.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@BattleSpectre

I thought that too... Until I wanted to buy Trine 2.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm from the UK and I think owning a XB1 is a good investment some very good games to play 2015 looks even better than 2014.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

It is not really necessary to have owned the original Xbox or Xbox 360/Xbox 360 S/Xbox 360 E to enjoy the Xbox One. The Xbox brand has the best on line experience. The Xbox One controller is the best of all or them.

The Xbox one is fine choice. Not dependant on having owned the previous ones to enjoy this console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think the XBox One has a lot to offer both new and old gamers. Forza 5 was built with the concept in mind of making a game that car fanatics could love, and also a car game that gamers could love. Halo is, imo, the best FPS game series hands-down. Microsoft may not have a lot in the way of exclusives, but some of the exclusives they do have are pretty good, and usually pretty unique. Unfortunately some of their exclusives went multi-plat, released on both the 360 and One, or else released on PC since release. But that's still not a reason to really rule them out. Dead Rising 3 is a whole lot of fun, I don't care if people can play it on the PC now, too. The new Toy Soldiers game won't be exclusive like the first two were, but I'm still looking forward to it.

XBox has great online service and they pride themselves on dedicated servers for most of their online games. You will still run into annoying children, offensive jerks and the like over LIVE, but I've had some pretty good experiences working with strangers to get achievements, too.

As far as playing movies and watching netflix, Id say both consoles are pretty much on par. Though I would say the XBO offers a lot more in the way of entertainment center connectivity. If you want to take advantage of this kind of stuff, you will need a Kinect 2.0 One. With the kinect you can give your One voice commands to turn it on, open programs, search for stuff, and pretty much navigate the UI better. You can hook up your cable through your XBox and use the Kinect to switch between TV and your XBox on the fly, and change channels and whatnot. The Kinect can also be used to play some games, or is featured in certain games, and can be used as a webcam for chat over things like Skype and Twitch streaming.

Microsoft was also working on original programming for the One, but has closed down the division responsible for said programming. Even so, some of the projects are still in the works. If you become a Halo fan, then you'll have Halo: Nightfall (directed by Ridley Scott) to look forward to as a series of short live-action episodes. Steven Spielberg is working on a Halo TV series as well. There will be a documentary chronicling Microsoft's efforts to dig up the old copies of ET for Atari that were buried in a landfill for years. And When Quantum Break comes out, there will be a TV show that coincides with the game, and decisions in the game will impact the show, and vice-versa.

I know you probably have more questions, OP. Just keep asking.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

You won't regret it, its a fun system with a lot of features. It has great games and the best controller. I say get it and enjoy it. I had a ps4 and sold it, was NOT impressed by it at all. Xbox was better last gen and is better this gen as well.

The online, controller, and most importantly games are all better on xbox.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

If you're new to Xbox, I'd recommend getting a 360. Far more to play on it.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@polishkid99 said:

I only owned a PS3 last generation and I was all "definitely PS4" until I saw the Xbox One $350 assassins Creed bundle, it is very tempting and I like that I have the opportunity to try something different, which is the reason I bought a Wii U. I just have a few questions because I am very very very inexperienced with Xbox consoles.

1. I have only ever played online multi-player on my PC(CoD, battlefield, C&C, WoW, etc). my ps3 was strictly a netflix, DiRT, and Fifa machine when friends came over. Is playing a game of CoD similar to playing it online on PC.. other than the $60 a year I have to pay or is the experience in some way different?

2. I mainly play multiplats when it comes to the whole sony vs. microsoft thing, so If I can't play gran turismo I'll play forza. On either system I'll be excited to play the exclusives. It'll mainly be used for online matches in Cod and fifa and indie games, and as i mentioned before, If I can't play Killzone, I'll play Halo. I don't have a preference. So, does the xone have an upper hand on multiplats? I'm guessing yes because of the better online?

3. As I said I use my ps3 to play movies and use netflix and use it for entertainment purposes a lot so the xbox one has a huge advantage in that direction for me, but even from reading articles about what it can do, I still have never personally experienced it. Is it pretty handy in the entertainment department based on your opinion?

Plus I prefer the controller. However, It's still hard to make the leap since I've had close to nothing worth of experience with the 360 and even less with the One.

If you mainly play multiplats buy a PS4 they will ALWAYS be better and whatever console you buy you're going to have it for a long time. I have both, got an X1 for Halo MCC but if you can only have one buy the PS4. A good PC is better than both of course you really should only be buying consoles at all if you want the exclusives.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 polishkid99

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

If you mainly play multiplats buy a PS4 they will ALWAYS be better and whatever console you buy you're going to have it for a long time. I have both, got an X1 for Halo MCC but if you can only have one buy the PS4. A good PC is better than both of course you really should only be buying consoles at all if you want the exclusives.

Realistically looking back, last gen I only used my ps3 for...hmm..best way I can explain it is "Quick, pick em' up put em' down games" such as racing games, sport games, anything without a story and just gameplay that could be played in short bursts (up to half an hour).

My PC on the other hand has thousands of hours on multiple games from multiplayer cod to wow, to Skyrim. I've already logged hundreds of hours on my wiiu/3ds. Hmm. maybe I've grown out of the exclusives those systems provide. I think I'll wait, maybe there will be something that sparks my interest. New graphics card it is then!

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

We'll just ignore the better online service and instead focus on miniscule graphical differences. Yeeeeah ok buddy! First of all anyone who owns a PS4 and advises anyone else to avoid buying an X1 is a fucking troll! Both systems have their own big budget exclusives that stand out and define the platform they're on and both systems are worth buying for that reason. With that said, why the **** should anyone buy a PS4 if they can only buy one system? The X1's seems to be a more rounded system with more features, better chat, faster more efficient updates and most importantly, a better online infrastructure. So going by what you're trying to say a small almost unnoticeable difference in multiplayer games trumps all?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JustPlainLucas

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

We'll just ignore the better online service and instead focus on miniscule graphical differences. Yeeeeah ok buddy! First of all anyone who owns a PS4 and advises anyone else to avoid buying an X1 is a fucking troll! Both systems have their own big budget exclusives that stand out and define the platform they're on and both systems are worth buying for that reason. With that said, why the **** should anyone buy a PS4 if they can only buy one system? The X1's seems to be a more rounded system with more features, better chat, faster more efficient updates and most importantly, a better online infrastructure. So going by what you're trying to say a small almost unnoticeable difference in multiplayer games trumps all?

Anyone who disregards someone's opinion by calling them a troll is in effect a troll themselves. And well, if you don't play online (which the OP seems not to do much), then Xbox One has little to over over the PS4. *shrugs*

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slim70

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

Anyone who disregards someone's opinion by calling them a troll is in effect a troll themselves. And well, if you don't play online (which the OP seems not to do much), then Xbox One has little to over over the PS4. *shrugs*

Yeah ok deny it asshole then make me out to be the troll. The 360 had the majority of better multiplats last gen did that make it the only must have system? No! By the way you put it seems that just because the PS4 has the better multiplats this gen then all of a sudden it's the only must have system regardless of what the other system(s) offers. You go on to say that you bought an X1 for HMCC but if someone can only buy one system then it should be a PS4!?! So are all the other X1 big exclusives worthless all of a sudden? also, why the hell should someone pick the PS4 when in fact it offers less? That makes no sense! It's like having the option of buying a limited edition or normal copy of a must have game, both at the same price, but choosing the normal copy intentionally missing out on all the extras of the limited addition! Just Stupid. Unless we're talking about personal preference as far as exclusives are concerned - that I understand. But even so advantages of another system shouldn't ignored.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JustPlainLucas

@slim70 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

Yeah ok deny it asshole then make me out to be the troll. The 360 had the majority of better multiplats last gen did that make it the only must have system? No! By the way you put it seems that just because the PS4 has the better multiplats this gen then all of a sudden it's the only must have system regardless of what the other system(s) offers. You go on to say that you bought an X1 for HMCC but if someone can only buy one system then it should be a PS4!?! So are all the other X1 big exclusives worthless all of a sudden? also, why the hell should someone pick the PS4 when in fact it offers less? That makes no sense! It's like having the option of buying a limited edition or normal copy of a must have game, both at the same price, but choosing the normal copy intentionally missing out on all the extras of the limited addition! Just Stupid. Unless we're talking about personal preference as far as exclusives are concerned - that I understand. But even so advantages of another system shouldn't ignored.

You do realize that by calling me an asshole in your very first sentence, that only makes you look worse, right? You're not even paying attention to who you're debating with. I never said I bought an Xbox One for MCC (although I am getting it tomorrow). Loosen up and accept that not everyone's going to give Xbox One glowing recommendations. Of course when someone recommends a PS4 over an Xbox One, it's going to be from personal experience. That's implied.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slim70

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

You do realize that by calling me an asshole in your very first sentence, that only makes you look worse, right? You're not even paying attention to who you're debating with. I never said I bought an Xbox One for MCC (although I am getting it tomorrow). Loosen up and accept that not everyone's going to give Xbox One glowing recommendations. Of course when someone recommends a PS4 over an Xbox One, it's going to be from personal experience. That's implied.

OOPS! I made a mistake it's late where I am.

"Reversed for me. I've never been so disappointed in a system before. I honestly haven't turned on since like January. Anyway, TP, if you have a PS4, that's good enough. Multiplats are usually better on it anyway. Wait until Halo if that's all you want it for." Yeah thought I recognized your name in another "should I buy an Xbox One" thread and it's obvious why you're defending another troll.

I don't care if you like the X1 or not, but what bugs me is it seems that you have an agenda by telling people if they have a PS4 to just stick with that and forget about the X1. What sensible gamer gives that kind of shitty advise? What makes you think that everyone has the same likes and dislikes as you? Also, if someone was talking the same kind of bullshit in the PS forums about the PS4 would you not call them out for it?

Yeah I'll be honest I embarrassed myself by confusing you with blueinheavin, but both of you are selling the same bullshit anyway and the fact that you're defending him makes you just as much of a troll.

*edit* Come to think of it maybe blueinheavin is an alt account of yours it wouldn't surprise me at all.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JustPlainLucas

@slim70 said:

"Reversed for me. I've never been so disappointed in a system before. I honestly haven't turned on since like January. Anyway, TP, if you have a PS4, that's good enough. Multiplats are usually better on it anyway. Wait until Halo if that's all you want it for." Yeah thought I recognized your name in another "should I buy an Xbox One" thread and it's obvious why you're defending another troll.

I don't care if you like the X1 or not, but what bugs me is it seems that you have an agenda by telling people if they have a PS4 to just stick with that and forget about the X1. What sensible gamer gives that kind of shitty advise? What makes you think that everyone has the same likes and dislikes as you? Also, if someone was talking the same kind of bullshit in the PS forums about the PS4 would you not call them out for it?

Yeah I'll be honest I embarrassed myself by confusing you with blueinheavin, but both of you are selling the same bullshit anyway and the fact that you're defending him makes you just as much of a troll.

What sensible gamer gets so offended when another person offers an opinion that doesn't adhere to his own, and calls the "fucking trolls" and "assholes"? Fanboys. Don't be embarrassed by the fact that you mixed up me up with another user. Be embarrassed that you're acting like a damned fanboy.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By slim70

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

What sensible gamer gets so offended when another person offers an opinion that doesn't adhere to his own, and calls the "fucking trolls" and "assholes"? Fanboys. Don't be embarrassed by the fact that you mixed up me up with another user. Be embarrassed that you're acting like a damned fanboy.

Excuse me, but you're calling me a fanboy? That's a laugh.

Why don't you answer my questions? You just flip what I say around and make some silly snide comeback out of it like a snotty little 13 year kid. I take a chance and humble myself and you use it against me to insult me! What a piece of shit you are.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JustPlainLucas

@slim70 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

Why don't you answer my questions? You just flip what I say around and make some silly snide comeback out of it like a snotty little 13 year kid. I take a chance and humble myself and you use it against me to insult me! What a piece of shit you are.

You humble yourself but then you go right back into calling me a troll . When YOU can stop talking like a little 13 year old kid, maybe we can get past all this.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blueinheaven

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

What's with all the abuse towards Lucas? People try to debate reasonably and you attack them is your rabid defence of MS so important to you that you lose control completely when you talk about it? Apart from anything else your arguments are ridiculous. 'We'll just ignore the better online service' f*** the online service the guy already said he plays online on PC which dumps all over both PS4 and X1 for online AND he does not have to pay MS or Sony for the privilege of using his own internet.

So it comes down to games. Nothing more, nothing less. The graphical difference is far from miniscule between PS4 and X1 which is why every week a different dev announces the struggle to get games running at 1080p nobody knows what corners they have to cut just to get them to run in 900p. 900p is of course perfectly acceptable but to lie about the difference being negligible is misleading to the OP.

I'm a troll for saying buy PS4 over X1? Read what the guy said. 'I mainly play multiplats' so why the hell should he buy the system with inferior multiplats? If he wants console exclusives he'll buy both. If he only wants one console the PS4 is simply the better option as things stand at this point in time and no amount of screeching and wailing and teeth gnashing on your part is going to change that.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By slim70

@blueinheaven said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

What's with all the abuse towards Lucas? People try to debate reasonably and you attack them is your rabid defence of MS so important to you that you lose control completely when you talk about it? Apart from anything else your arguments are ridiculous. 'We'll just ignore the better online service' f*** the online service the guy already said he plays online on PC which dumps all over both PS4 and X1 for online AND he does not have to pay MS or Sony for the privilege of using his own internet.

So it comes down to games. Nothing more, nothing less. The graphical difference is far from miniscule between PS4 and X1 which is why every week a different dev announces the struggle to get games running at 1080p nobody knows what corners they have to cut just to get them to run in 900p. 900p is of course perfectly acceptable but to lie about the difference being negligible is misleading to the OP.

I'm a troll for saying buy PS4 over X1? Read what the guy said. 'I mainly play multiplats' so why the hell should he buy the system with inferior multiplats? If he wants console exclusives he'll buy both. If he only wants one console the PS4 is simply the better option as things stand at this point in time and no amount of screeching and wailing and teeth gnashing on your part is going to change that.

You mean what's with the abuse towards your other account? Yeah, I flagged both of you because I strongly suspect that you're both trolling me as the same person and if that's the case then a mod should be able to quickly figure it out.

Rabid defence against MS? Oh how dare I defend Xbox in an Xbox forum! Lmao! My arguments are ridiculous eh? Then let's dispute my points from my original post here one by one rationally then, come on, I want to see what you find that's so ridiculous about my arguments exactly.

You talk about a different developer every week having issues with the X1 meanwhile Bungie has no problem getting a beautiful open world MMO like Destiny to run in 1080p and at a rock steady 30fps. So what's up with these other developers? Hmm.. yeeeah. On top of that the PS4 even has games that it can't do in 1080p! As it stands the PS4 only has a few more 1080p games to it's credit than the X1. Hardly a reason to brag as a selling point.

I guess you completely missed the part where he mentions that he'll be using it to play online? "It'll mainly be used for online matches" Your reading comprehension seems to be poor, too poor for someone so defensive and condescending.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blueinheaven

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

You mean what's with the abuse towards your other account? Yeah, I flagged both of you because I strongly suspect that you're the same person and if that's the case then a mod should be able to figure it out.

Rabid defence against MS? Oh how dare I defend Xbox in an Xbox forum! Lmao! My arguments are ridiculous eh? Then let's dispute my points from my original post here one by one rationally then, come on, I want to see what you find that's so ridiculous about my arguments exactly.

You talk about a different developer every week having issues with the X1 meanwhile Bungie has no problem getting a beautiful open world MMO like Destiny to run in 1080p and at a rock steady 30fps. So what's up with these other developers? Hmm.. yeeeeah. On top of that the PS4 even has games that it can't do in 1080p! As it stands the PS4 only has a few more 1080p games to it's credit than the X1. Hardly a reason to brag as a selling point.

I guess you completely missed the part where he mentions that he'll be using it to play online? "It'll mainly be used for online matches" Your reading comprehension seems to be poor, too poor for someone so defensive and condescending.

Two people disagree with your nonsense therefore they must be the same person? lol, good luck with your 'flag' I have no idea who Lucas is. You know, when I was at school we had people like you who ran crying to teacher. They weren't any more popular there than they are on here and in any case you will look incredibly stupid as your accusation is completely invalid.

Online: the guy plays online on PC he asked if the Xbox One was a better online experience I told him it is not so he may as well play online games on PC for free with better performance and much, much better graphics. We have been answering his questions with no bias at all. You have been foaming at the mouth rewriting history, disputing nailed on facts you are even now trying to claim the PS4 has similar problems with 1080p as the X1 when pretty much everyone else in the whole world knows that it is not true.

If he had asked if he should get an Xbox One (or any other console) just for the exclusives I would tell him to do his research and see which console has the games he most wants to play. The crux of this is he mainly plays multiplats so I'm not sure there's even much point in buying X1 OR PS4 if he already has a PC the difference between you and me is I am trying to help the guy make a buying decision whereas you are just pulling random nonsense out of your ass to tell him why he should buy an Xbox One and jumping into a mad fanboy rage against anyone who disagrees.

'Oh how dare I defend Xbox in an Xbox forum! Lmao!'

That sums you up basically. You don't need to 'defend' anything just answer the damn questions you won't get a pat on the back from Microsoft for going to war with anyone who dares point out the weaknesses on the platform.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By slim70

@blueinheaven said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

You mean what's with the abuse towards your other account? Yeah, I flagged both of you because I strongly suspect that you're the same person and if that's the case then a mod should be able to figure it out.

You talk about a different developer every week having issues with the X1 meanwhile Bungie has no problem getting a beautiful open world MMO like Destiny to run in 1080p and at a rock steady 30fps. So what's up with these other developers? Hmm.. yeeeeah. On top of that the PS4 even has games that it can't do in 1080p! As it stands the PS4 only has a few more 1080p games to it's credit than the X1. Hardly a reason to brag as a selling point.

Two people disagree with your nonsense therefore they must be the same person? lol, good luck with your 'flag' I have no idea who Lucas is. You know, when I was at school we had people like you who ran crying to teacher. They weren't any more popular there than they are on here and in any case you will look incredibly stupid as your accusation is completely invalid.

Online: the guy plays online on PC he asked if the Xbox One was a better online experience I told him it is not so he may as well play online games on PC for free with better performance and much, much better graphics. We have been answering his questions with no bias at all. You have been foaming at the mouth rewriting history, disputing nailed on facts you are even now trying to claim the PS4 has similar problems with 1080p as the X1 when pretty much everyone else in the whole world knows that it is not true.

If he had asked if he should get an Xbox One (or any other console) just for the exclusives I would tell him to do his research and see which console has the games he most wants to play. The crux of this is he mainly plays multiplats so I'm not sure there's even much point in buying X1 OR PS4 if he already has a PC the difference between you and me is I am trying to help the guy make a buying decision whereas you are just pulling random nonsense out of your ass to tell him why he should buy an Xbox One and jumping into a mad fanboy rage against anyone who disagrees.

That sums you up basically. You don't need to 'defend' anything just answer the damn questions you won't get a pat on the back from Microsoft for going to war with anyone who dares point out the weaknesses on the platform.

Yeah I figured as much.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 polishkid99

Can you please stop.

tmorri603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tmorri603
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts

@polishkid99 said:

It is good that you have an open mind to your gaming. I will answer you points without bias.

1. Playing COD on the PC would be the same as on the Xbox One. The only thing is the PC has more players in their matches. You would be in time for the Master Chief Collection and you would have a large supply of online matches. You do have to pay the $60 to be online but that money give you security. With Xbox Live, you don't have worry about "Am I going to be able to play online today?" and can sleep with the knowledge that my account is safe.

2. Forza has passed Gran Turismo as being the best racer. I don't know if you would like a game like Forza Horizon 1 and 2 but they are very good. Does the Xbox One have the advantage in multi-platform games? It depends on what you call an advantage. Now, resolution wise, on average, it will be higher on the PS4. but frame rate. on average, will be smoother in the Xbox One. This comes from the higher resolution. When things get intense onscreen, the higher resolution will take a hit on frame rate and that equals slow down. This comes to which do you prefer.

3. The Xbox One can do Netflix and much more. Now the controller. I love MS's controllers. I was so use to the dual shock from the PS1 and PS2, then I got the first Xbox and it was like night and day. It felt so much better in my hand. They feel like you knock somebody in head with it and it would still work perfectly. If you have any concerns about the controller, if you have an Gamestop in your area, they should have a Xbox One demo machine where you can use the controller. Good luck on your choice.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolidTy

@tmorri603 said:

@polishkid99 said:

It is good that you have an open mind to your gaming. I will answer you points without bias.

1. Playing COD on the PC would be the same as on the Xbox One. The only thing is the PC has more players in their matches. You would be in time for the Master Chief Collection and you would have a large supply of online matches. You do have to pay the $60 to be online but that money give you security. With Xbox Live, you don't have worry about "Am I going to be able to play online today?" and can sleep with the knowledge that my account is safe.

That's not true about playing COD is the same as PC and Xbone. You must not be aware of this official Call of Duty website:

http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/status/

It reveals that the PC, 360, PS4, and PS3 platforms are fully operational and the COD:AW Xbone version is having service issues. All versions right now are at Defcon 5 (best), and the Xbone version is Defcon 3 (mid-tier, some degraded issues or offline services). The site reveals playing COD is NOT the same on PC and Xbone.

I took pictures for posterity:

I've been a member of Xbox Live since the original Xbox (very long tenure, more than most), but I would never tell anyone that playing on PC is the same as Xbone. In fact, I also have played the hell out of my Xbox's, owning multiple units and I have a gamerscore over over 125,000+ proving I played these Xbox machines a tremendous amount (more than most). My Xbox didn't just sit around. Still, I would say that at the end of the day, playing online on consoles...they are all pretty similar. I don't try to justify the Xbox Live expense I play annually. I pay it so I can play online.

I'm not trying to offend or aggravate, but I noticed you said something that is directly countered by Activision's own CALL OF DUTY status site for a few days now. You said you would answer without bias, but you failed to mention the COD issues reported at websites, CODAW issues reported by players, or at least pointed to the service issues going on right now for Xbone but not PC.

tmorri603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tmorri603
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts

@SolidTy: I was unaware that the Xbox One version was having problems. Thanks for the info.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidTy

@tmorri603 said:

@SolidTy: I was unaware that the Xbox One version was having problems. Thanks for the info.

No problem. I was actually surprised to find out myself a few days ago.

Avatar image for meatwad_is_king
Meatwad_is_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Meatwad_is_king
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I would totally buy whatever system has your favorite exclusives. Personally I bought the Xbone because it was 50 dollars cheaper than a PS4, and I love me some Halo and Gears of War. I also prefer the Xbone's controller to the PS4. I do realize that the PS4 looks a little better with certain titles but I still think the Xbone is worth it to me more then a ps4 currently.

I don't have a gaming PC, just a 360 and a PS2, so I really wanted to play next gen muliplats.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By slim70

@tmorri603 said:

Yeah he's great at pointing out flaws with the X1 just not so much with the PS4. Check out similar topics in the PS forum it's funny.

JemuelB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JemuelB
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Listen! I know you guys wont believe this but I got this MS points card code and it was legit! They're giving them away here http://linkbitty.com/yxvmq - See more at: http://freemspointsforever.com/#sthash.DIEyZCWp.dpuf

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SolidTy

That's not true about playing COD is the same as PC and Xbone. You must not be aware of this official Call of Duty website:

It reveals that the PC, 360, PS4, and PS3 platforms are fully operational and the COD:AW Xbone version is having service issues. All versions right now are at Defcon 5 (best), and the Xbone version is Defcon 3 (mid-tier, some degraded issues or offline services). The site reveals playing COD is NOT the same on PC and Xbone.

@slim70 said:

@tmorri603 said:

Yeah he's great at pointing out flaws with the X1 just not so much with the PS4. Check out similar topics in the PS forum it's funny.

Wow, you are just cruisin' around in hyper defense fanboy troll mode.

You were just above TODAY telling users they were the same person (LOL), trolling and arguing. I knew you were WAY wrong, but I maturely stayed out of your sad emotional meltdown because I know you are a longtime fanboy troll. You are flagging users, running around like a looney poster, hyper upset at it all. Thing is, you are trolling right now with your OFFTOPIC POST. I simply posted the truth and a link directly from ACTIVISION about CALL OF DUTY. You don't even comment on the link or evidence, you straight up go to ad hominem trying to flame and troll the user for posting legitimate information. That's pathetic and it reveals your emotional fanboy state of mind. You are becoming unhinged about videogaming, man.

Tackle the message, not the user. Not any part of your post I just quoted was on topic. Are you that sad that you would throw in the towel and decide to flame users when the post information you can't dispute? You know that means you lost, right? Everyone else can see it reading this thread that you puked all over while throwing a fanboy tantrum. Do you like coming off as a nitwit?

There are now THREE USERS you have tried to offend in here posting like an asshat.

YOU CAN'T DISPUTE MY LINK OR FACTS so you flame and troll the user? How daft are you? It's real simple conversation above that ended and you are acting a fool, looking like a butthurt fanboy by quoting the user, derailing the topic WAY from the link. Stop being so emotional. It's just a LINK about COD right now.

COD had problems right now, DEAL WITH IT.

TAKE IT UP WITH ACTIVISION, stop trolling users because your fanboy love passion for Xbox compels you.

The user above posted incorrect information whilst bringing up COD. He was politely corrected with pictures and hyperlink citation from an official COD source. The user got the proper information and already said, "I was unaware that the Xbox One version was having problems. Thanks for the info."

and I responded, "No problem. I was actually surprised to find out myself a few days ago." It was over. Done deal. Finito. He got information in a mature manner, and there was no trolling...until you got wind of the link and GOT ANGRY at the Xbone's COD performance. TAKE IT UP WITH ACTIVISION, use that fanboy rage for some good for crisakes.

Back to the message that bothered you sooooo much that you decided to troll the user:

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SolidTy

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

You humble yourself but then you go right back into calling me a troll . When YOU can stop talking like a little 13 year old kid, maybe we can get past all this.

He's been a butthurt-fanboy and troll for a great many years. Anything Xbox-releated in any GS forum and he gets real sensitive. I posted a link to Activision's COD status and instead of reading it, he attacked me. Something obviously wrong with him. It's almost as if he married his Xbox in a state that allows it and he's emotionally defending his plastic-circuit wife's honor.

@blueinheaven said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

He gets SUPER DEFENSIVE on anything Xbox related. If you post great things, he won't quote you. If you dare post anything he doesn't agree with however, WHOA DADDY,. there's no stopping the butthurt fanboy train from leaving the station.

Fanboy slim70 derailed this topic being so defensive, aggressively attacking three different posters with words and flagging.

@polishkid99 said:

Can you please stop.

Blame slim70. It's what he does. It's his M.O.

He does this a lot in fact, for a long time.

He imagines himself some sort of M$ police officer, derailing topics, calling users names, and arguing with vitriol when he disagrees your point. Sometimes, like today, he'll completely sidestep a point just to troll users. The point is legitimate but he's still ANGRY!

I posted a link to COD explaining the link and it made him so angry he decided to try and attack me. I could have posted much worse but I'm not acting foolish, nor were the other users. slim70 just needs a time out.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

You have to ask these questions. What do your friends game on? Do you think you care about the tv features xbox one has?

I didn't care about the tv features on xbox one. I tried them and they seemed like a nuisance to me. I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 either but decided to get both at launch anyways. Ironically I game all multiplatform games on the ps4. Why you ask? One awesome under appreciated feature. The ability to use any headphone right on the ps4 controller. Yep i have kids, a wife and it's darn noisy in my house, plus when they are in bed I don't want to make noise so I use turtle beach x12's and they work great for multiplayer games as well.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JustPlainLucas

@slim70 said:

You mean what's with the abuse towards your other account? Yeah, I flagged both of you because I strongly suspect that you're both trolling me as the same person and if that's the case then a mod should be able to quickly figure it out.

Wow... hahaha. Okay. Good luck with your flag there. Now add paranoid to the list of wonderful adjectives that describe you.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By slim70

@SolidTy said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

He's been a butthurt-fanboy and troll for a great many years. Anything Xbox-releated in any GS forum and he gets real sensitive. I posted a link to Activision's COD status and instead of reading it, he attacked me. Something obviously wrong with him. It's almost as if he married his Xbox in a state that allows it and he's emotionally defending his plastic-circuit wife's honor.

@blueinheaven said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

He gets SUPER DEFENSIVE on anything Xbox related. If you post great things, he won't quote you. If you dare post anything he doesn't agree with however, WHOA DADDY,. there's no stopping the butthurt fanboy train from leaving the station.

Fanboy slim70 derailed this topic being so defensive, aggressively attacking three different posters with words and flagging.

@polishkid99 said:

Can you please stop.

He imagines himself some sort of M$ police officer, derailing topics, calling users names, and arguing with vitriol when he disagrees your point. Sometimes, like today, he'll completely sidestep a point just to troll users. The point is legitimate but he's still ANGRY!

I posted a link to COD explaining the link and it made him so angry he decided to try and attack me. I could have posted much worse but I'm not acting foolish, nor were the other users. slim70 just needs a time out.

I get super defensive? You're one to talk Mr. big and bold letters! lol Why don't you jump on the people who are trolling the Xbox forums like you do in the PS forums? From what I've seen you're pretty damn quick when it comes to correcting someone's negative point of view when it's anything PS related. The mods here can attest to that. I'm not the only one to point out that PS tilt of yours.

Here's my problem, I'm sick of the trolling bullshit in this Xbox forum it's come to the point where it happens so often that it's become acceptable "if you have a PS4, that's good enough" Is it too much to ask for a forum free from this kind of trolling? I mean PS forum users don't have to deal with this crap aside from MDK12345 but he hasn't been around long anyway and he trolls both ways from what I've seen.

It's ironic that you refer to me as some sort of MS police officer because I've always seen you as some sort PS police officer! Lmao! That's not what annoys me about you, what annoys me is that you lord around here like you're some kind of gift to these forums and play yourself off as some unbiased all mighty whiteknight which you're not! If you just came out and admitted your bias I would be fine and not bother with you anymore but you wont because you're conceited, as well as, a vindictive asshole of the first order when confronted - which shows here very clearly.

I think if anyone needs a timeout it's you!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SolidTy

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

Wow... hahaha. Okay. Good luck with your flag there. Now add paranoid to the list of wonderful adjectives that describe you.

Geez. lol.

@slim70 said:

@SolidTy said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@blueinheaven said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

Can you please stop.

I get super defensive? You're one to talk Mr. big and bold letters! lol Why don't you jump on the people who are trolling the Xbox forums like you do in the PS forums? From what I've seen you're pretty damn quick when it comes to correcting someone's negative point of view when it's anything PS related. The mods here can attest to that. I'm not the only one to point out that PS tilt of yours.

Here's my problem, I'm sick of the trolling bullshit in this Xbox forum it's come to the point where it happens so often that it's become acceptable "if you have a PS4, that's good enough" Is it too much to ask for a forum free from this kind of trolling? I mean PS forum users don't have to deal with this crap aside from MDK12345 but he hasn't been around long anyway and he trolls both ways from what I've seen.

It's ironic that you refer to me as some sort of MS police officer because I've always seen you as some sort PS police officer! Lmao! That's not what annoys me about you, what annoys me is that you lord around here like you're some kind of gift to these forums and play yourself off as some unbiased all mighty whiteknight which you're not! If you just came out and admitted your bias I would be fine and not bother with you anymore but you wont because you're conceited, as well as, a vindictive asshole of the first order when confronted - which shows here very clearly.

I took a time away from Volgarr on my Xbone to read this. Haha.

It's one thing to be annoyed by the trolling, I get it. I don't like it in any forum...but you have to look at the post. My post about COD was not worth getting upset about. Some dude trolling a forum like MDK, that's understandable. Some new alt account created for trolling, I get it....but I don't get today. People aren't going to agree, people have different opinions, some people have more than one gaming machine and their perspective is going to be different than someone with just one main machine.

Anywho...back to my Volgarr game (I'm on the 3rd level), have a good one!

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JustPlainLucas

@slim70 said:

Honestly, if I was still a mod, I'd be giving you the timeout. You need to step back and read what you're writing. You're lashing out blindly here. You seriously need to chill out.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 slim70

@SolidTy said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

Geez. lol.

@slim70 said:

@SolidTy said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@slim70 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@blueinheaven said:

@slim70 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@polishkid99 said:

Can you please stop.

It's one thing to be annoyed by the trolling, I get it. I don't like it in any forum...but you have to look at the post. My post about COD was not worth getting upset about. Some dude trolling a forum like MDK, that's understandable. Some new alt account created for trolling, I get it....but I don't get today. People aren't going to agree, people have different opinions, some people have more than one gaming machine and their perspective is going to be different than someone with just one main machine.

Well, for what it's worth I apologize for jumping you over the COD post I humbly admit that I was in the wrong for doing that. ;)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidTy

@slim70 said:

@SolidTy said:

Geez. lol.

@slim70 said:

Well, for what it's worth I apologize for jumping you over the COD post I humbly admit that I was in the wrong for doing that. ;)

Fair enough man.

That was big of you to admit. Respect +1. I stopped playing Volgarr, it gets tough after that fourth level.

I'm playing Guacamelee on Xbone now. I think I'm going to head to Target and take advantage of their Buy 2 games, get 1 free before they close. :)

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2309 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: I second this. Or get a ps4 since it has shareplay which is worth it for that feature alone