Xbox360-PC Not Listed!!!! Help!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fig56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fig56
Member since 2005 • 2443 Posts

I have been trying to get my PC and my Xbox360 to share media but i can't get it to work. Does anybody have any tips or ideas on how i can fix this. I have Windows Vista by the way. I also can't get my Windows Media Center and Xbox360 to connect to each other either. Any tips would be appreciated.

Aft3rBurn3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Aft3rBurn3r
Member since 2007 • 668 Posts
I'm no expert at this because somehow my new laptop automatically finds the 360 when I turn it on. But just on the off chance you havent navigated to the xbox step by step instructions on connecting here it is....http://www.xbox.com/en-US/pcsetup/MCEVista.htm At the very least though I gave you a bump...
shark2810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shark2810
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts
If you want to stream videos you can so that with a flash drive. If you still want to do it that way make sure your firewall isn't blocking your 360. also make sure you have upnp enabled. google is your friend :)
fig56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fig56
Member since 2005 • 2443 Posts

I have tried so many things! I have googled the hell out of this already, but no luck. The next step is calling up customer support and having them help me step by step. Knowing my luck it will be something really simple. Just wondering if anyone had the same problem and what they did to fix it?

shark2810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shark2810
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts
Try this: go into control panel, click on administrative tools, click on services. double click on ssdp discovery service and set startup type to automatic. This might help (this is in xp im not sure if it's different in vista so just try to find ssdp discovery service in vista and do this.)
DarkerGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DarkerGemini
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts

I had a lot of trouble with this myself and spent a long time on the problem. Make sure to bring down your windows firewall if you are trying to connect to the Xbox and also make sure that you have allowed the option to share files through windows media player to your Xbox, you can also use Zune player to share files, you just need to make sure that you specify in the options for WMP or Zune the specific file you are trying to access from the 360. Once you do that the system should be able to connect and read the files you are trying to play

WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

I've found that the Zune player is way better at streaming stuff to my 360 than Windows Media Player.