Xbox Power light blinking;

This topic is locked from further discussion.

captainduncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 captainduncan
Member since 2005 • 1168 Posts
When I turn it on, the power symbol keeps blinking and doesn't stop; is this normal and I just have never noticed or is something wrong? Also, when I turn of my Xbox, 30% of the time the cooling fans won't turn off.
BrokenStr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BrokenStr8
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts

If it doesn't stop then its not normal...something is wrong with it.Do you have 3 red rings? Is it still working?The fans are prolly messed up too

captainduncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 captainduncan
No red rings; that's why I'm not sure if something's wrong.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
No red rings; that's why I'm not sure if something's wrong.captainduncan
if u have the charge and play kit plugged in 360 then the fans wont stop until couple of mins just plug em out once ur done charging ur controller if u use chrage kit if u dont then i dont know whats wrong
captainduncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 captainduncan
I'm charging my controller; thanks for that.... anyhoo, I'm not getting the blinking power light anymore, so......yeah.
SunLord592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 SunLord592
Member since 2003 • 2651 Posts
for the future so you know. the power light blinks on and off, whenver you have you console turned off. It jsut blinks so you know its still on doing something like charging a controller or downloading content.
skyvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skyvader
Member since 2003 • 946 Posts
If you mean the light in the center of the "ring of light" it blinks when it is running something in the background like a download or charge of the controller. I use the background download feature allot and when it is doing that, the front light blinks and the fans run to help cool down the system even though it isnt really on (as in playing something on screen).
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
Your XBOX360 Might have some problems, it's not usual for that kinda stuff to happen.
zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 zidan4000
Member since 2006 • 3167 Posts

If you mean the light in the center of the "ring of light" it blinks when it is running something in the background like a download or charge of the controller. I use the background download feature allot and when it is doing that, the front light blinks and the fans run to help cool down the system even though it isnt really on (as in playing something on screen).skyvader

he is definetly right. if you wanna turn that feature off just go to system options then shut down then turn the background downloads off.

JJ_Clicki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JJ_Clicki
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts
My old 360 which broke, then one yellow light always kept blinking between the top 2 quadrants. I thought this was just normal, yet a month later i got the three red lights. If this is your problem i would think about getting it replaced.
tony_fjellborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tony_fjellborg
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts
HAHA skyvader i love your signature!! LOL