Xbox One, thoughts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

Share your thoughts on the Xbox One here!

I think it needs a price cut. Just my two cents.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Not buying it unless: Scrap Kinect Price Drop Better exclusives/launch line up Fire Mattrick
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
Xbox One =Best Console Ever ! Microsoft = Greedy Shameless Corporation. So count me out.
knockouts72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 knockouts72
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts
Everyone complains about price but people forget that Sony took off ps eye for it to cost 399.99, an the ps eye is no one close to kinect an the kinect is a main feature for Xbox an one more thing buy the time you pay for the ps an playstation plus u will be spending over 500 so why complain then when u buy a game or two with controller an assocories you gonna spend close to 800 so why complain
knockouts72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 knockouts72
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts
Also you pay for something good now when people switch to Sony ask them how much servers for Internet they have cause we will have dedicated servers for better game play now please ask Sony wat they doing about there lousy service you will be saying why me
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I dont want to pay for something i will not want to use.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts
Xbox One =Best Console Ever ! Microsoft = Greedy Shameless Corporation. So count me out.Lulu_Lulu
Well I sincerely hope you dont buy any product from any large corporation whatsoever. They are all the same. At least MS were up front about what they were going to implement.
Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I really like the kinect function, i think it depends how you interact with your media, personally I think the controller is going to remain integral to gaming but I like the idea of turning my console on with voice commands and navigating menu's with a slick of the wrist. Its not groundbreaking earth shattering technology but I think its progressive and immersive. What remains to be seen is just how well its integrated into games and if it impacts the way we play those games in a meaningful way. I dont think MS would have made the bold decision for kinect to be a requirement if they did not have every confidence in its ability to change the way we play our games. 

If they do a good job showing people that the kinect isnt just a pointless accessory that made the X1 the most expensive console of the generation then they will be on to a winning formula. Unfortunately what the X1 needs in an amzing advertising campaign and some decent PR. The PR department at MS seems to be sorely lacking however...lets hope some ad's make the difference. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Not buying it, i am waiting
drokmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 drokmore
Member since 2005 • 1863 Posts
For all the bad press, which really showed some arrogance in their assumptions and responses. I don't think the Xbone and PS4 are going to be that different. I've always enjoyed Gears and Halo which I'm sure they'll make more of and I'll want to play them. I'll probably buy it after a bit of time on the market for them to work out the kinks.
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

samanthademeste
here's my thought. if microsoft doesn't offer a non-kinect 2.0 version for $350-$400, i'm never going to buy one.
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu
[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"]Xbox One =Best Console Ever ! Microsoft = Greedy Shameless Corporation. So count me out.always_explicit
Well I sincerely hope you dont buy any product from any large corporation whatsoever. They are all the same. At least MS were up front about what they were going to implement.

Thats kinda why I don't like them, its not the greed, Its the shamelessness, Microsoft's honest full disclosure approach, they don't even think we are worth lying to and its kinda lazy. I prefer a greedy corporation that would go all to prove it aint that bad even if it is.
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
I would like it to be cheaper and have indie self publishing.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Day one(most likely) for me!

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="always_explicit"][QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"]Xbox One =Best Console Ever ! Microsoft = Greedy Shameless Corporation. So count me out.Lulu_Lulu

Thats kinda why I don't like them, its not the greed, Its the shamelessness, Microsoft's honest full disclosure approach, they don't even think we are worth lying to and its kinda lazy. I prefer a greedy corporation that would go all to prove it aint that bad even if it is.

You.....You can not be serious.
BudMcB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BudMcB
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts
I will be buying the Xbox One eventually, but I do think the price needs to be dropped a little. Microsoft said, in response to the price, that they are over-delivering value. But I think that, that delivery is a LOT of stuff that is really unnecessary for a gaming console.
GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts
Dead Rising 3 exclusive to Xbox One... Costs 560$ Fuk...
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu
[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"][QUOTE="always_explicit"] Well I sincerely hope you dont buy any product from any large corporation whatsoever. They are all the same. At least MS were up front about what they were going to implement.

Dead Serious, I want a Corporation that lies so well it never gets caught.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"] Thats kinda why I don't like them, its not the greed, Its the shamelessness, Microsoft's honest full disclosure approach, they don't even think we are worth lying to and its kinda lazy. I prefer a greedy corporation that would go all to prove it aint that bad even if it is.Lulu_Lulu

Dead Serious, I want a Corporation that lies so well it never gets caught.

You might wanna check out Apple or Valve. You'd love gamestop as well.
BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

Far superior of the next generation consoles, cant wait to play it. a ton of new and exciting features. Little pissed they changed there policy (i know most are happy), but overall im excited. Forza 5 and Dead Raising 3? cant wait. Plus killer instinct is free!

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
probably i buy xbox one next year with halo 5
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

I wish it was cheaper. If it was $400 at launch I'm there day one.

Not buying it unless: Scrap Kinect Price Drop Better exclusives/launch line up Fire MattrickRattlesnake_8
There's reports going around Mattrick is leaving MS for Zynga. :)

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Well, after i spend close to $700 on the PS4 launch, and if i can manage to save $500 sometime after, between all the PS4 and Wii U games in the spring and summer next year.....maybe i can manage to think about getting a Xbox One sometime late next year...maybe.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
I have been a huge Xbox and 360 supporter, but I cannot justify spending $500 on a console that is less powerful than its main competition, doesn't t have any games that I want at launch and is making the Kinect a mandatory piece of the system. I will probably get one as soon as Titanfall and Quantum Break come closer to release and there is a price drop plus removal of the Kinect sensor.
DenzelFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DenzelFreeman
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts
All the policy reversals were great but Dom mattrick leaving was their best move to date.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
All the policy reversals were great but Dom mattrick leaving was their best move to date. DenzelFreeman
Agreed!
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Exiled_Badger
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts
[QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

buccomatic
here's my thought. if microsoft doesn't offer a non-kinect 2.0 version for $350-$400, i'm never going to buy one.

You are one of those who just don't get it do you? The Kinect is now a vital, integral part of the Xbox console. There is no changing that. You aren't "being forced" to buy a Kinect along with the Xbox, it's part of the console! So quit complaining about not wanting a Kinect because without one, the Xbox One couldn't have all the cool feautres.