Xbox One Stand-by Mode

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

Anyone else able to hear the power supply fan at all times. Mine sounds like its rubbing up against something. 24/7 i can hear the fan during game play( very little) but especially when im sleeping. I feel like i have a faulty unit. also the fan in my xbox unit. i think i can hear the fan motor not the air it pushes. am i crazy or is there other people with this problem.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

It's hard to tell without actually hearing it myself. You can't expect the system to be 100% quiet. When you say you can hear it when you're sleeping do you mean it wakes you up from your sleep because the fan is that loud? In that case no it's not normal by any means. Also when you have the volume up on your TV during gameplay you shouldn't be able to hear the console (not unless you really focus) I'm guessing it could be a problem.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XxAK47xX

during game play its not a big deal but it very noticeable when I'm trying to sleep. I try hard to not think about it. eventually I knock out. I asked Microsoft about it but they said they will fix it but I have to pay for shipping because the unit technically works still. All I'm saying is that I can hear it no problem when its somewhat quiet. I also understand that I have very sensitive hearing.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

So change the settings so that the system shuts all the way off or quit sleeping with your Xbox. Problem solved.

zombieweekend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zombieweekend
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

In standby, mine makes a ticking noise that is only audible within 3 inches.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Yeah mine makes that ticking noise as well but being that I'm more than 3 inches away it's not noticeable but I don't like the fact that it doesn't shut down completely. I think I'm just going to start turning off my UPS which my Xbox One is connected to.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Yeah mine makes that ticking noise as well but being that I'm more than 3 inches away it's not noticeable but I don't like the fact that it doesn't shut down completely. I think I'm just going to start turning off my UPS which my Xbox One is connected to.

Remember all the Xbox 360 titles that say "Do not shut off console while game is attempting to save data". Now you have a console that multitasks and downloads and installs updates in the background (without necessarily notifying you) and you want to start randomly pulling the plug on it?

You do realize there is an option in the settings to change it so it shuts down completely when you power it off, right?

PSbore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PSbore
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

@XxAK47xX said:

Anyone else able to hear the power supply fan at all times. Mine sounds like its rubbing up against something. 24/7 i can hear the fan during game play( very little) but especially when im sleeping. I feel like i have a faulty unit. also the fan in my xbox unit. i think i can hear the fan motor not the air it pushes. am i crazy or is there other people with this problem.

settings, power supply, turn off stand by mode. I noticed the fan sound too coming from the power supply, when its white its in standby, when its yellow its on regular mode.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Ok thanks I will have to check and see if I can find the complete shut down mode option.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XxAK47xX

I I get to hat I can turn it off but the point is that this might be a problem. I'm actually in my bed right now. IOS phone. And I can hear the fan rumble from across the room. I do have have hard wood floors so that does allow the sound to bounce around more. W/ e. We got. 1 years manufacturers warranty. Something is bound to happen within the year.

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 b4il
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

with all the noise the console (clicking) and the psu (fan) are making, i wonder if it's good for the lifespan of the box to leave it in standby...

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XxAK47xX

there is nothing wrong with a device to running for a long time. its just that if the parts are defective to start with then the life span is significantly shortened. i would brig it up to amazon but i feel like if i do they wont be able to give me a console because of shortages.