#1 Posted by vpacalypse (570 posts) -

I read today xbox one is selling well, but the competition is quite some distance ahead.

This got me thinking, with microsofts new CEO doing a good job thus far (so I hear), do you think he will have the foresight to tell his xbox division to hurry with the slim model to increase the appeal of the console?

Atm it lacks the cool factor, & a re-design would work wonders I reckon. Not quite a clean slate but surely a different perspective from which to look at the console, a re-birth if you will to go along with all those policy changes, the final transformation.

#2 Posted by a55a55inx (4188 posts) -

A redesign isn't necessary at the moment, the failure rate isn't high and the console is still the 3rd best selling console (at this point in a console life cycle) of all time, even when it's only available in 13 countries. The main reason why people chose PS4 over Xbox one is because of the $100 difference. As long as E3 showcases a lot of games people are excited to play, then the Xbox One will do fine.

#3 Posted by BattleSpectre (7232 posts) -

Honestly the price has already been dropped, let's see what happens with that first. I think it's far too early to release an Xbox One Slim at the moment.

#4 Posted by adders99 (2610 posts) -

I think it looks nice as it is! A slim model is not necessary at all...

#5 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2335 posts) -

@a55a55inx said:

A redesign isn't necessary at the moment, the failure rate isn't high and the console is still the 3rd best selling console (at this point in a console life cycle) of all time, even when it's only available in 13 countries. The main reason why people chose PS4 over Xbox one is because of the $100 difference. As long as E3 showcases a lot of games people are excited to play, then the Xbox One will do fine.

I really don't like the look of it, the shape and design is nice....but the size is just tooooo big, its an eyesore, plus the glossy part scratches wayyy too easy. I want a slim model with the 360 slim matte finish and a smaller size, plus the ability to stand up.

#6 Edited by vpacalypse (570 posts) -

A slim model with upgradeable hard-drive (rather than expandable)... people would have a lot less to complain about... that's all I'm saying.

It doesn't even need to be the 'slim' model... just call it something else...

#7 Edited by Starshine_M2A2 (4102 posts) -

They've done the right thing with dropping the price point and now a console that doesn't include Kinect. If only they had done all this in the first place...

#8 Edited by vpacalypse (570 posts) -

@Starshine_M2A2: Amen

I would love to see the manufacturing cost of the xbox one vs the ps4 (just stand-alone consoles).

#9 Edited by coasterguy65 (6272 posts) -

I wouldn't expect a Slim model until at least next year.

When it does come out I hope they finally get their heads out of their asses and let you change out the hard drive with any laptop hard drive, like Sony does now. Games are too big now to limit the HDD with a non replaceable one.