XBOX ONE - Has 50% less graphical power than PS4.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a483743/ps4-has-50-percent-more-raw-power-in-graphics-than-xbox-one-says-report.html

This is now all over the internet. I didnt think it could get any worse..

Well, at least XBOX has kinect.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

XspidervenomX

And a slightly updated-looking Call of Duty.

ijW9KbFN8WmTW.gif

sapphire54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 sapphire54
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

Xbox fan face palm

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Idk about this. If true, yeah it sucks as a Microsoft fan, but seeing as the PS3 could hit 1 teraflop I find it hard to believe that Microsoft would only increase that by 20% knowing this sytem will have to last 7 years.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Rumours

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
If your buying a console for graphical power, your doing it wrong.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#7 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I look at that as another negative.

Abagnam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Abagnam
Member since 2013 • 122 Posts

Rumours

sukraj
Just it
sweeten16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 sweeten16
Member since 2005 • 2872 Posts
The rumor is something about 50% more shaders or something along those lines but it certainly doesn't translate to 50% more powerful as a whole. it's a joke the amount of rumor crap that are coming out about it.
en3sge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 en3sge
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts
I think its more than just a rumour. See the below link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one If we take the GPU in isolation, we can infer (with good accuracy) that the PS4 is 50% more powerful overall. The question mark lies within the 'secret sauce' of the Xbox One - the ESRAM. This could close the gap or it may make no differece at all.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#11 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

As much as I'm not feeling MS at the moment I still will take that as a rumor, "BUT" even if that was true it still wouldn't effect my decision to purchase it or not!!!

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

whether its true or not the history shows that console power doesnt automatically mean better games or sales. Xbox was more powerful then PS2, PS3 was more powerful then X360.

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#13 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

This is best labelled as a rumor. There is no actual confirmation, it is just a report from a certain computer website. And overall power doesn't influence better gaming. PS3 was a complete disaster with the Unreal Engine 3. Skyrim and Devil May Cry suffered terribly on the PS3 with the terrible frame rate drops.

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
Im in it for the gameplay.
linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts
If your buying a console for graphical power, your doing it wrong.Tokeism
better than buying it for watching tv shows.
rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a483743/ps4-has-50-percent-more-raw-power-in-graphics-than-xbox-one-says-report.html

This is now all over the internet. I didnt think it could get any worse..

XspidervenomX

Has MS reveal the GPU's clock speed for Xbox One?

12 CU @ 1 Ghz = 1536 GFLOPS.

12 CU @ 1.150 Ghz = 1766 GFLOPS.

There are out-of-the-box Radeon HD 7770 or 7790 with >1Ghz clock speeds.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ronvalencia

whether its true or not the history shows that console power doesnt automatically mean better games or sales. Xbox was more powerful then PS2, PS3 was more powerful then X360.

BLAS1AN
With Xbox One and PS4, direct comparison can be made since they both has similar architecture i.e. it's like comparing Radeon HD 7790 against Radeon HD 7850.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ronvalencia

I think its more than just a rumour. See the below link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one If we take the GPU in isolation, we can infer (with good accuracy) that the PS4 is 50% more powerful overall. The question mark lies within the 'secret sauce' of the Xbox One - the ESRAM. This could close the gap or it may make no differece at all.en3sge

From http://semiaccurate.com/2013/05/22/microsoft-subtly-admits-losing-with-xbox-one/

Does eurogamer's leak factor in the following statement?

Microsoft is claiming over 200 GB/s bandwidth for the memory subsystem,

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 alexwatchtower
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

This is no longer true. As a closed system yes. But the X1 is officially no longer a closed system. The X1 expands its processing power with Microsoft's cloud computing. The X1 is not playing fair. 

inter_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 inter_911
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

specs dont mean much sometimes.. ps3 had better specs than x360 and games ended up looking way better on the xbox

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

This is no longer true. As a closed system yes. But the X1 is officially no longer a closed system. The X1 expands its processing power with Microsoft's cloud computing. The X1 is not playing fair. 

alexwatchtower

That confuses me because in order for a system to scale via cloud processing, that would have to happen in real time, which means a CONSTANT connection while playing any game which would ultilize that specific feature. Unless Microsoft has figured out some way to harness the power of the cloud without needing a live internet connection, then royally screw over anyone with a sub broadband connection or no internet at all. I just can't see how that's possible, but maybe MS has figured something out, I'll wait for clarification on that one from them.

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alexwatchtower

[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

Sophette

That confuses me because in order for a system to scale via cloud processing, that would have to happen in real time, which means a CONSTANT connection while playing any game which would ultilize that specific feature. Unless Microsoft has figured out some way to harness the power of the cloud without needing a live internet connection, then royally screw over anyone with a sub broadband connection or no internet at all. I just can't see how that's possible, but maybe MS has figured something out, I'll wait for clarification on that one from them.

Nobody said you wouldn't need a live internet connection for the real time procesing of cloud. 

Of courseyou absolutely will need a live internet connection to access the extra, real time, processing capabilities of the cloud.

Yes a lot of this is being proccesed in real time. 

You just don't need that for off-cloud modes.

Yes and No to your other point. Yes, in a way, they "screwed over" anyone without a broadband connection(this has been the case for some time) or no internet. The system is designed with the cloud in mind. Although some games will likely be designed  to work for the in-the-box hardware, and possibly get scaled up when connected to the cloud.

This is 2013. In early 2012, 66% of the 360 users were connected to Xbox Live. That's now up to over 40 million 360 owners alone. This is who Microsoft is primarily targetting as well as anyone else with a broadband connection.

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

Processor scaling is a very exciting possibility in the coming generation. If Microsoft gets it to actually work, then more power to them. Another potential issue I see is the balance issue. Similar to the old days of first person shooters when out of ten people in a death match, nine were on broadband and one person was on dialup. That person lagged to hell and was at a sever disadvantage compared to the other players in faster connections that also experiences much smoother gameplay.

With cloud scaling, it could be a similar issue. But I have faith in Microsoft that they have controls in place to balance things out so the AI or enemy count won't ramp up on one person's game while scaling down the same enemies or AI level in another which could give someone with a weaker connection easy victories due to drastically scaled down enemies or their AI. That's just a very loose example, but like I said, I seriously doubt this would happen. But I wasn't trying to argue with you if it seemed that way, the scaling thing just bugged me and you did give a good answer.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

I think its roughly 182 teraflops for PS4 and 132 Teraflops for XBOX. Fanboys will argue to  know where but it been revealed on hundreds of websites.

Thats a big difference. XBOX will continue to throw out a bunch of conflicting information. The fact is what we know it the PS4 might yet be even faster after they do actual tests side by side. Xbox has weaker components and give its resources to Kinect.

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alexwatchtower

I think its roughly 182 teraflops for PS4 and 132 Teraflops for XBOX.Fanboys will argue to  know where but it been revealed on hundreds of websites.

Thats a big difference. XBOX will continue to throw out a bunch of conflicting information. The fact is what we know it the PS4 might yet be even faster after they do actual tests side by side. Xbox has weaker components and give its resources to Kinect.

XspidervenomX

LOL. Slow down tere. It's 1.8 and roughly 1.2Teraflops.

There's also a big difference between X1 connected to a cloud and PS4's 1.8 Tflops. The computational capabilities can boost and X1 connected to a cloud far beyond what the PS4 can do in its hardware.

This is new information that has not been revealed on hundreds of sites. It's just now coming out. Slow down...your world is about to be turned upside down.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think its roughly 182 teraflops for PS4 and 132 Teraflops for XBOX. Fanboys will argue to  know where but it been revealed on hundreds of websites.

XspidervenomX

More and more misinformation

You either don't know or are failing to bring up the memory on the die.

bronze_earth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 bronze_earth
Member since 2011 • 112 Posts

Rumours

sukraj

Read the previous page on this link,they confirmed this http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57586048-75/microsoft-reportedly-to-take-cut-on-used-xbox-one-game-sales/

bronze_earth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 bronze_earth
Member since 2011 • 112 Posts

[QUOTE="Tokeism"]If your buying a console for graphical power, your doing it wrong.bronze_earth

BS you got nothing left to say to make it worthy.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ronvalencia

specs dont mean much sometimes.. ps3 had better specs than x360 and games ended up looking way better on the xbox

inter_911
PS3 also has older GPU design with performance gimping features.