Xbox one. Game getting stuck on loading screen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hman5926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hman5926
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi

I have searched this problem on the forums however i haven't been able to find anything.

Basically the problem which keeps happening is when insert a disc of a game i want to play then i hit the play button. So then the xbox takes me to the screen of the game loading up. However it never leaves this screen? Seems to be loading forever. My xbox doesnt freeze i can still go back to the main menu etc but then when i select back onto the game its on the same screen?

Any suggestions i would really appreciate.

Thanks

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Is this with all games or just one? I had an issue with Call of Duty Ghosts similar to your problem. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and it worked. Perhaps try that if it is one game that is causing an issue.

If this does not work, come back and let us know and maybe other users can come up with some suggestions.

Also, is your console still under guarantee?

Hman5926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hman5926

Hi

Thanks for the reply. This is happening with all my games. Fifa 15/ forza 5/ horizon and destiny.. Yes still under guarantee i have only had it around 2 months.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Hmm this could be a number of things. First, are you closing programs that are not in use? It might be eating up your memory if you have too many things open at once in the background.

Second, have you managed to install and play any of these games previously, or is this like ever since you went to install them? I don't recommend playing games while they are installing, because I did this with two games and then they froze up and I had to reinstall them. I know some games take a moment to load, but it shouldn't be anything over like a minute or so.

I think you should check on those two things first. Try to close programs if they are still open, and try to delete and reinstall the games if that doesn't work.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

Also make sure you do a full reboot if you have it in fast startup mode. Hold you finger down on the Xbox icon until it completely powers down.

Hman5926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hman5926

Hi

Ok i didnt realise things are running in the background? How to i get rid of them? Also my xbox is set to a fast start up? Would you recommend changing this? I dont think i played any of my games while they were installing...

The only way i have found out to fix this so i don't loose all my game progress is to sign out then sign back in again. However any time anything loads it gets stuck straight away. Most frustrating!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I think you should get in touch with Microsoft give them a call and see what they say.

Hman5926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hman5926

Yes I will give them a call tonight to see if they can come up with anything. Thanks

Hman5926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hman5926

Also if a uninstall a game will i loose all of my game progress? Thanks

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

This happened to me when playing Dead Rising 3. The problem was fixed when I did a complete shut down of the console (turning off the console via: controller or voice activation only sends it into stand-by mode) To do a full shut down, you have to hold the power button on the xbox itself until it shuts down. Then boot it back up. Hope this helps

To answer your other question; no, uninstalling a game doesn't cause you to lose any progress. Your progress and unlocks are linked to your account.

manutdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 manutdot
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@hman5926: Hi, I've been experiencing the same issue, everything was fine except from when I tried to play yesterday, I couldn't get any game passed the loading screen. For example trying to play assassins creed black flag, it's just stuck in the syncing saved data screen, and halo master chief collection stuck on the halo splash screen. I'll try the reboot option and see if it works

Hman5926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hman5926

@manutdot: Hi. Yes I did the reboot and it does fix it for a while however it has happened to me since. I keep meaning to contact Microsoft about it to see what they say. I will keep you posted.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Please do not bump old threads, I will be locking this.