Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tylerdurden7
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi.

Yesterday I bought an Xbox One and it's great apart from the controller which really hurts my fingers/hands/wrists. Anyone else had this trouble?

Is there a special way to hold the controller?

I much prefer the 360 controller but these don't work with the One.

Are there any other controllers out there for the One?

Never had any issues with any console controller in the past and I have been playing them since the NES days in the mid eighties. Even the N64 controller which was notoriously clunky didn't hurt like the One controller.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

That doesn't make sense since the XB1 controller and the 360 controller as basically the same shape.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Really? Do you have big or small hands? I find the Xbone controller the best for my quite large hands/long fingers.

Not sure what you can do really. Unless there's some 3rd party add-on that would help.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Look for adapters, could be pricey though.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#5 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

My opinion is the Xbox One controllers are better then the Xbox 360 controller{by a hair}.I'm surprised somebody is having such trouble with any controller ???

resevilfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 resevilfan1
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

Youl get used to it. At first when i started plaing x360 it was uncomfortable but got better over time. I had the same problem with x1 at the start and now i am fine with it

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

At first I preferred the Xbox 360 controller too, but don't worry you'll get used to it... surprised it hurts your hands though. Might be something more than just the controller that's at fault, have you had any injuries lately? Broken hand/fingers?

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

The Xbox one does fatigue my hands a little, I have rather large hands/ long fingers for my size. However, We probably don't play it as much as you guys, and we didn't get it until a few months ago anyway. Though I will say that the fatigue is getting less and less, and takes longer and longer to bring it on.

I must point out that I don't think its much a problem with the design of the xbox one controller. PS controllers cramp my hands because they are a bit too small, and I have to claw a bit too much with both hands, I find that is more due to the actual design of the controller, as I have had that problem for 3 generations of PS controllers. It only eases a little over time. But that being said, both PS controllers, and especially xbox controllers are designed so well now. It isn't like holding a little rectangle like the NES days... (oh the rawness of the thumbs as a child)

The xbox 360 controller got to where it didn't bother, and I honestly think it took much less time to get use to than the xbox one controller. However, I have analyzed why that is for me in particular.

I am a musician of 14 years, so I tend to take pretty good care of my hands. I am mainly a guitarist, and not your typical strummer either. I have been a gamer all my life.I am still a heavy gamer, for most of the last decade, we have been all but strict PC gamers. That couple with guitar, has reshaped my hand muscles slightly. (playing any instrument for such a long time will do that) So I am going to the Xbox One from a PC mouse and keyboard. (which is still my main platform, also where I record my music, so there is a lot of keyboard & mouse use compared to a controller)

But with the xbox360 controller I came from an (original) Xbox S-Controller which I used extensively, as I didn't PC game much during that time I only had xbox, and then xbox360. There was little to no transition needed as compared to PC (for 7 years, with guitar playing) to console again, xbox one in this case.

Bottom line is I think it takes different people different sets of time to get use to the new controller. Other variables play a part. A lot of gamers around where I live much prefer the PS controller as they feel the xbox one controllers are too big. (oddly even coming from people with large hands/long fingers)

If this is your first Xbox, or first xbox in many years, then I think the issue is closer to what I posted above (customized for the individual reading, with their own habits/history) than a design flaw. OP if you used your xbox360 extensively, even recently, then moved to xbox one and have a lot of problems, then there may be something else to it. I would say keep trying for a couple of weeks. If you see no improvement there, then you might want to do more searching. Complain to MS. (The original xbox had an entire controller replacement in its life cycle. Went from the monster controllers, to the S-Controller due to people complaining too much about the Original Xbox massive controller)

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

Mine hurt for a week or two, mostly playing FM5, your hands will get use to it. My hands felt much better after a few weeks.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

I was wondering if other people noticed this lol. I have a ps4 but when I played my friends Xbox one, my hands starting cramping within 10 minutes. I had a 360 last Gen. This is supposed to be the best game controller? What a joke

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@Fairmonkey said:

I was wondering if other people noticed this lol. I have a ps4 but when I played my friends Xbox one, my hands starting cramping within 10 minutes. I had a 360 last Gen. This is supposed to be the best game controller? What a joke

That's weird, I'm the opposite... that's the reason I got rid of my PS4. My hands were cramping badly with the DS4.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Fairmonkey said:

That's weird, I'm the opposite... that's the reason I got rid of my PS4. My hands were cramping badly with the DS4.

Let's not turn this into a pissing contest about which company has the better controller gentleman. I do not want to have to close this thread, so let's keep this professional. Thank you.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01

@BattleSpectre said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Fairmonkey said:

Let's not turn this into a pissing contest about which company has the better controller gentleman. I do not want to have to close this thread, so let's keep this professional. Thank you.

That was by no means my intention...

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@tylerdurden7:

Hurts my hands as well. Especially if i have to use the bumpers in a game.

tylerdurden7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tylerdurden7
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

It's really odd. Lots of people have been having the same trouble I have been reading.

I bought an Xbox One Mini Controller which is better but it's just too small. Good for my son though.

I have found a company called CronusMax which does an adapter which will allow me to use my Xbox 360 controller on the Xbox One.

Someone said earlier that the One and 360 controllers are the same shape and I use both and can tell you they are not. The One controller feels horrible in comparison to the 360. The bumpers on the One are just ridiculous. The 360 controller has no adverse effect on my hands at all.

Gonna buy the CronusMax and use the 360 controller. Read good reviews about it so hopefully it will work.

I will update with my findings on the CronusMax

Thanks for the replies.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I do not like the Xbox One controller

The ones before the console released were much better mainly because of more tension in the thumbsticks. The way it stands now there's no support to the controller and because of it's awkward shape that is in no way ergo dynamic it's just a literal pain to hold after a while.

I think the best thing is to just play in spurts and let your hands get used to the controller. There's not much else you can do at this point sadly.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

I think you guys are over gripping the x1 controller, ease your grip relax. This is probaly bc u r not used to it.