xbox live setup

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cmlive14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cmlive14
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

hey im just having problems setting up my xbox 360 live and thinking someone might be able to help me. i'm using a wired connection to a gateway. i dont think its a problem with my internet or the ethernet cord since i can connect my laptop to the ethernet cord im using and the internet works fine. when i test my connection with the xbox it fails at the network adapter stage. every help site ive been too says it has to be a problem with my internet connection or the ethernet cord but i dont think thats the case since it works for my laptop. can anyone help me out?

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

hey im just having problems setting up my xbox 360 live and thinking someone might be able to help me. i'm using a wired connection to a gateway. i dont think its a problem with my internet or the ethernet cord since i can connect my laptop to the ethernet cord im using and the internet works fine. when i test my connection with the xbox it fails at the network adapter stage. every help site ive been too says it has to be a problem with my internet connection or the ethernet cord but i dont think thats the case since it works for my laptop. can anyone help me out?

cmlive14

Call support because the a failed network adapter test usually means that the LAN port on the 360 is damaged... call them and ask what to do... they will give you some things to try and if they fail then you will need a repair...

PredadorPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 PredadorPT
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
It can't hurt to check if the cord is damaged in any way. You can also try to check the 360 LAN port.
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts
Yeah make sure you check the cable... especially if you have pets... I spent an entire day trying to connect to the internet one time a while back and I later found that my dog chewed the cable in half...