XBOX LIVE free gift - Fraud

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by volcomstoner180 (4404 posts) -

So i renewed my xbox live free year this march, on the dashboard and had a promotion of "Renew now and get a free game!"

So as I was going to get another year soon anyway, but after waiting the 8-10 weeks as advised on my confirmation email, I called M$ up and they are now saying that the game is not available anymore.....sweeeeeeet I said...so anyway I might report to better buisness bureau because its a lie they sent.

So this is a heads up, it may work but MS is very sketchy when it comes to dashboard promotions....dont trust them

I was really looking forward to fable 3

#2 Posted by HilbillyRokstar (3236 posts) -

So i renewed my xbox live free year this march, on the dashboard and had a promotion of "Renew now and get a free game!"

So as I was going to get another year soon anyway, but after waiting the 8-10 weeks as advised on my confirmation email, I called M$ up and they are now saying that the game is not available anymore.....sweeeeeeet I said...so anyway I might report to better buisness bureau because its a lie they sent.

So this is a heads up, it may work but MS is very sketchy when it comes to dashboard promotions....dont trust them

I was really looking forward to fable 3

volcomstoner180
You need to get on the phone w/xbox support and demand a credit for the cost of the game.
#3 Posted by volcomstoner180 (4404 posts) -
im on the phone right now with them...calls getting escalated
#4 Posted by HilbillyRokstar (3236 posts) -

im on the phone right now with them...calls getting escalatedvolcomstoner180
Rock their world! Be controlled but firm.

#5 Posted by mariokart64fan (19805 posts) -

lol dont believe the stuff you see on the dashboard appearently , this is why i dont do it through the marketplace,

number1 it is to get you to put your credit card numbers there so they can keep renewing it automatically -buda bing bada boom --- to stop that you gotta go online or call them ,

so ya your better off just using the prepaid cards

#6 Posted by Agent_Kaliaver (4722 posts) -

lol dont believe the stuff you see on the dashboard appearently , this is why i dont do it through the marketplace,

number1 it is to get you to put your credit card numbers there so they can keep renewing it automatically -buda bing bada boom --- to stop that you gotta go online or call them ,

mariokart64fan
Or just remembering. It likes less than a minute to write a note reminding you to turn it off and then placing said note near or on the Xbox 360. If you forget then, then you are an idiot. But I think I will go on continuing to trust their dashboard deals. One person having an issue gets sort of cancelled when I've seen/read well over 20 people not having issues. Oh and the fact that I had now issue. Someone will always have an issue with something, that doesn't mean it is fraud. How many 360s broke since it released? Yet you aren't saying to not buy a 360...
#7 Posted by HilbillyRokstar (3236 posts) -

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

Agent_Kaliaver

Or just remembering. It likes less than a minute to write a note reminding you to turn it off and then placing said note near or on the Xbox 360. If you forget then, then you are an idiot. But I think I will go on continuing to trust their dashboard deals. One person having an issue gets sort of cancelled when I've seen/read well over 20 people not having issues. Oh and the fact that I had now issue. Someone will always have an issue with something, that doesn't mean it is fraud. How many 360s broke since it released? Yeyou aren't saying to not buy a 360...

Cut him a break, he's speaking out of frustration.

#8 Posted by Talldude80 (6321 posts) -

i sure hope you didnt pay full price ($60), because M$ offered me a renewal at $35 (i guess since ive had gold a few years). I ended up buying a 12-month card from a friend for $30 anyways though. Just keep calling and complaining to them. dont take no for an answer if they promised to give u a free game. Especially if you paid more than $35 for a year of Xboxlive service.

#10 Posted by volcomstoner180 (4404 posts) -
it was 20% off full price of 60, and a free game...so it seemed like a win win situation i spoke to customer service manager and she is sending me the tracking # for fable 3 by wednesday next week...still such a pain was on the phone for over a hour
#11 Posted by HilbillyRokstar (3236 posts) -
[QUOTE="volcomstoner180"]it was 20% off full price of 60, and a free game...so it seemed like a win win situation i spoke to customer service manager and she is sending me the tracking # for fable 3 by wednesday next week...still such a pain was on the phone for over a hour

Sweet, good for you buddy!
#12 Posted by chasingmaynard (3416 posts) -

Another glorious day for the commoners!!!

#13 Posted by x-2tha-z (8930 posts) -
Glad you got your game. When I renewed my gold account, it said I'd get a free Noble 6 avatar helmet. Seven months later, still no helmet. I'm not bothered about the helmet anyway. Then again, if they include it in a deal, they should honour it.
#14 Posted by volcomstoner180 (4404 posts) -
Glad you got your game. When I renewed my gold account, it said I'd get a free Noble 6 avatar helmet. Seven months later, still no helmet. I'm not bothered about the helmet anyway. Then again, if they include it in a deal, they should honour it.x-2tha-z
ya avatar item, not as big of a deal as a free game, so may not be worth the time calling and looking into it either way, still pretty sketchy the way these promotions go down...i guarantee if I hadnt made the call (or known how to speak to people when they are accountable).. I would not have got the free game
#15 Posted by HilbillyRokstar (3236 posts) -
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]Glad you got your game. When I renewed my gold account, it said I'd get a free Noble 6 avatar helmet. Seven months later, still no helmet. I'm not bothered about the helmet anyway. Then again, if they include it in a deal, they should honour it.volcomstoner180
ya avatar item, not as big of a deal as a free game, so may not be worth the time calling and looking into it either way, still pretty sketchy the way these promotions go down...i guarantee if I hadnt made the call (or known how to speak to people when they are accountable).. I would not have got the free game

That's for sure.