Xbox 360 to Xbox One: Is it worth it yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

andrew01093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 andrew01093
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts

So do you guys think it's worth it to go for an Xbox One at launch? I will say I just don't see a whole lot of difference in the graphics just yet. I have a lot of 360 games I still will be playing like GTA5, WWE2k14. Also I've been playing Bioshock Infinite and that game has some of the best graphics I've seen this gen. I don't see a big graphics leap between Forza 4 and 5.

chadkal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chadkal
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I agree with the Forza 4 vs 5, I didn't see much difference in graphics. But once it comes out we'll know more. I'm waiting for the side-by-side screenshots of 360 vs One
Avatar image for deactivated-57c9eaee90948
deactivated-57c9eaee90948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-57c9eaee90948
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts

T o be perfectyly knonest with you i do not think it will be worth getting the Xbox One on release date. The games are going to be cross platform so you can get them on the Xbox 360. Sure you could say that the graphics will be sharper but i would wait until the games coming out on it are being focused for the Xbox One so they are pusing boundaries with the games. 

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Dead Rising 3 and Ryse are games that have convinced me to buy a xbox one.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
dead rising 3 crimson dragon FM5 halo 5 make me buy xbox one next year probably
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Forza 5 got me sold on the xbox one. I don't care what anybody says I will buy this console sometime in first quater of the new year.

WeskerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 WeskerTeam
Member since 2010 • 1827 Posts

I don't think it is worth getting at launch. I'm going to wait until this time next year to consider next gen.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I am going to wait at least a year.

eachbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eachbyte
i think xbox one is nice
Avatar image for Allenmorgan1234
Allenmorgan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Allenmorgan1234
Member since 2013 • 65 Posts

this is not the case with me as i am going good with the Xbox gaming and will love to play the coming titles even .. no matter other are finding it bad

QVC Coupon

ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts
I think the player count in bf4 is enough to justify upgrading. Then throw in forza to seal the deal :)
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

So do you guys think it's worth it to go for an Xbox One at launch? I will say I just don't see a whole lot of difference in the graphics just yet. I have a lot of 360 games I still will be playing like GTA5, WWE2k14. Also I've been playing Bioshock Infinite and that game has some of the best graphics I've seen this gen. I don't see a big graphics leap between Forza 4 and 5.

andrew01093

no. definitely don't do it. let everyone else guinea pig test the first release of a next gen console (any brand x1, ps4, wiiu etc...). the reasons being is that there are always bugs that need to be worked out for the first 2 years of the consoles existence and the games kinda suck until year at least year 2-3 because game devs and publishers won't release their best non cross platform next gen games (on next gen platforms) until there is a HUGE install base. if dev studio's and publishers don't have at least 40-50 million people (as an install base) to sell their game to, they won't get a return on spending $100-$300 million to make an epic AAA title. in others words, game makers can't make money on games until their is a huge instal base and since there won't be a 40-50 million people using an xbox one for at least 2-3 years (if ever) don't waste you time and money. wait for a few years and get the good version of the next gen console of your choice and get the good games when they come out at that time as well.

look back at the all the games that came out for the xbox 360 ans ps3 and compare them to the games they have out for both of them now. you'll see that the difference is like night and day in terms of quality and the old (launch) games are so bad that they're not even worth $1.

andrew01093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 andrew01093
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts

[QUOTE="andrew01093"]

buccomatic

no. definitely don't do it. let everyone else guinea pig test the first release of a next gen console (any brand x1, ps4, wiiu etc...). the reasons being is that there are always bugs that need to be worked out for the first 2 years of the consoles existence and the games kinda suck until year at least year 2-3 because game devs and publishers won't release their best non cross platform next gen games (on next gen platforms) until there is a HUGE install base. if dev studio's and publishers don't have at least 40-50 million people (as an install base) to sell their game to, they won't get a return on spending $100-$300 million to make an epic AAA title. in others words, game makers can't make money on games until their is a huge instal base and since there won't be a 40-50 million people using an xbox one for at least 2-3 years (if ever) don't waste you time and money. wait for a few years and get the good version of the next gen console of your choice and get the good games when they come out at that time as well.

look back at the all the games that came out for the xbox 360 ans ps3 and compare them to the games they have out for both of them now. you'll see that the difference is like night and day in terms of quality and the old (launch) games are so bad that they're not even worth $1.

Good point man!  I agree.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

For me it's not only worth it, but a necessity.

I'm so terribly bored of this generation.  The long boot times, the long loading times, the sub-HD graphics, the lack of multitasking; this generation is really showing its age.  If not for GTA V coming out right now my current generation consoles would be in their boxes and in my closet right now.

The exclusive games may not be there just yet.  It is, after all, only the launch of the console, but even the third party offerings will be better on new hardware. I don't want to play games on current consoles when I can have a better experience on new hardware that I was already going to buy.  The exclusives that make a new console "worth it" will come.

I had a ton of fun with this generation.  It provided me with some of my greatest gaming experiences yet.  That being said, it started in 2005 and, as we enter the closing months of 2013, I need a hardware refresh.  I think gaming needs a hardware refresh.

For many of you I'm sure you're perfectly happy with the current games and hardware.  That's great.  Good for you.  For me, I'm not, and I cannot wait for the next console generation to hit.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

andrew01093

I wan to play Ryse & CoD on XB1. Plus, I want to use the media features (which was teh deciding factor for me in getting an XB1).

BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

For me it's worth it. It has the day one games I want in Dead Rising 3, Ryse son of Rome, and Crimson Dragon. And also I find the system itself to be quite attractive minus the power supply.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Dead Rising isn't worth 500$ to me. I threw down a deposit on the Xbox One, but I just am not enthusiastic about either console. I still love my 360 and there is so much to play.

howiex89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 howiex89
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts

Its not like we will see massive price drops next year so I'm going for it. Although I have the issue of not even have a current gen console on hand :/ 

Yes I'm missing out on GTA V :( 

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

These are the games i'm interested in on the xbox one.

Far Cry 4

Dead Rising 3

Ryse Son of Rome

Sunset Overdrive

Mad Max

Halo 5

A new game from Rockstar

A new game from ID Software

Wolfenstein The New Order

Destiny

jamieNERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 jamieNERO
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I agree. As both a ps3 and 360 owner I have pushed the life out of both. I didn't jump the gun with preordering consoles after E3 iv waited for the dust to settle and come to the conclusion (much like this gen) I will end up getting both. So my question became which one first? PS3 still has two really killer titles to come out in Beyond - Two Souls and also Arkham Origins (I think they play better on ps3) add to the mix I haven't finished the Last of Us then I have enough to keep me going into the new year. My more day to day gaming like FIFA and Call of Duty have both had versions built with next gen in mind. So whilst the hardware won't be fully utilised its going to be a damn site better than current gen so with that in mind i will be happy to pick up Xbox One on launch
bl00dline954

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bl00dline954
Member since 2013 • 140 Posts

I actually had the One pre-ordered but cancelled it last night. A main reason is that I am getting married in January and could use that $500 towards something more important, but also the fact that the 360 will still have games out and be supported for good length of time, I am no longer in a rush. Plus, I am willing to see if a kinect less version will come out with a cheaper price. If not, no big deal, but I've become content with what I have and want to be a better steward with my money. I will enjoy the One sometime in the near future.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

I'll be getting a PS4 first, the graphical change has been very noticeable on that system vs. the One. However I'll be getting a One eventually, I'll tell you that right now. Gotta have it, I'm sure it will have it's own great exclusives. Especially Halo obviously.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#25 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I will be waiting, i don't know if the X1 will be worth it. I am getting the ps4 at launch and i will wait for the games to come to the X1
cimmeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cimmeria
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Actually, it was the release of Xbox One that prompted me to finally buy a 360. I've been away from games for a long time (my most recent console is a Dreamcast) and my wife and I had been planning to buy a current gen console for a couple of years. I ordered my 360 last night. There's seven years worth of games that I haven't played, and cheap games too!

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Actually, it was the release of Xbox One that prompted me to finally buy a 360. I've been away from games for a long time (my most recent console is a Dreamcast) and my wife and I had been planning to buy a current gen console for a couple of years. I ordered my 360 last night. There's seven years worth of games that I haven't played, and cheap games too!

cimmeria

Welcome back into the fray :)

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I got the Xbox and Xbox 360 on launch day, and I am going to continue that tradition with the One as well. I'm not getting it because I think it's going to be a huge graphical leap, I'm getting it because I want to see all the advances they've made with LIVE, the controller, the UI, and of course for the exclusive games. Being able to talk to my Blu-ray player sounds pretty nice too... I am a big fan of the hands free controls on the current Xbox 360 concerning media. I am really hoping you can search Netflix entirely hands-free... not just from the dashboard. So yeah... it's fun to be an early adopter if you have the scratch.
drev87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 drev87
Member since 2010 • 253 Posts

To be honest, everybody saying "this launch title sold me on a getting an xbox1" are just people who wanted to be impressed with the xbox1. I have a xbox360 and has been my primary console this generation but there is no reason to buy a xbox1 at launch. The titles are limp at best.

Ryse? I'm not trusting a former Kinnect title to be anything other than a crap shoot at best. It could be good but I'm not holding my breathe.

Forza? Let's be honest. It's going to be more of the same. Just like Drive club and GT on the playstation side.

Dead Rising? Where you really impressed with Dead Rising 2 or any of capcoms recent games for that matter? I haven't been, including the joke that capcom has the nerve to call Lost Planet 3.

After a failed DRM policy, still having to connect to the internet and this ignorant kinnect policy, plus a $100 more than the PS4 (which IGN reports developers already saying it's more powerful then the XB1)  I see no reason to buy a Xbox1 at launch.

The only game Microsoft showed off that had me interested is Titan Fall but I'll pick that up on PC. What hurts microsoft on that front though, is that it's becoming more and more likely that it is only going to be a timed exclusive, with the PS4 getting it down the road.

Microsoft slapped around Sony this generation. Heading into the next one it's looking like Sony is about to return the favor, especially since Microsofts best Developer has gone 3rd party.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#30 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

To be honest, everybody saying "this launch title sold me on a getting an xbox1" are just people who wanted to be impressed with the xbox1. I have a xbox360 and has been my primary console this generation but there is no reason to buy a xbox1 at launch. The titles are limp at best.

Ryse? I'm not trusting a former Kinnect title to be anything other than a crap shoot at best. It could be good but I'm not holding my breathe.

Forza? Let's be honest. It's going to be more of the same. Just like Drive club and GT on the playstation side.

Dead Rising? Where you really impressed with Dead Rising 2 or any of capcoms recent games for that matter? I haven't been, including the joke that capcom has the nerve to call Lost Planet 3.

After a failed DRM policy, still having to connect to the internet and this ignorant kinnect policy, plus a $100 more than the PS4 (which IGN reports developers already saying it's more powerful then the XB1) I see no reason to buy a Xbox1 at launch.

The only game Microsoft showed off that had me interested is Titan Fall but I'll pick that up on PC. What hurts microsoft on that front though, is that it's becoming more and more likely that it is only going to be a timed exclusive, with the PS4 getting it down the road.

Microsoft slapped around Sony this generation. Heading into the next one it's looking like Sony is about to return the favor, especially since Microsofts best Developer has gone 3rd party.

drev87

I don't think MS slapped Sony around... they did it to themselves with their own policies. This time around, MS was a little overconfident and didn't focus on their PR enough. I hear what you are saying, but in both generations all the wounds were self-inflicted.

Avatar image for NaughtyChildren
NaughtyChildren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NaughtyChildren
Taking a wait and see attitude is probably the safest bet. The console itself seems a bit finicky especially since it's not recommended to be placed vertically. Maybe when the second generation of games are out for it will you really get a true sense of it's worth.
marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts
I am waiting. I have a bunch of titles that I play online with pals. None of my main buds are upgrading immediately either.
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

andrew01093

I had an X Box One day one with free Fifa 14 included (But I dont play football games) pre-ordered.But I feel the same as you,I was going to have to sell my 360 and all my games to fund the ONE,but I have now decided to keep my 360 cos I still want to be able to play Gears Forza 4 and Halo 3 and 4.

I have therefore cancelled my pre-order and will now be getting COD Ghosts for my 360,cos I still love playing MW3 too.

I was buying Ryse and Forza 5 with my ONE,but £429 to play 2 new games at the moment when Ive already got a good collection for my 360,just didn't balance out.

I will get a ONE later in future though,but not for at least 18 months.