Xbox 360 Slim clicking noise, is this normal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

visionedorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 visionedorange
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
Hey guys, I just got my xbox a little over a month ago. I noticed that when I put a disc in the tray and sit idle in the dashboard, after it finishes revving up I heard what sounds like a ticking or clicking noise, its pretty faint, and stops after a little while. When I start the game up it goes away, when I return to the dashboard and it sits idle it'll come back for a little while. Just wondering if this sound is normal or if I should send it in, I'd really rather not go 3 weeks without it if its no problem, so far my xbox runs perfectly besides that, I usually play all my games installed so after the initial revving of the disc its perfectly quiet, just wondering if anyone else has that sound with there slim.
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

no clicking noise with mine and my slim ain't very quite either ... the fan is loud still but whatever once your playing a game you don't really notice and when you turn off the 360 it sounds like its blowing all the air out before it turns off complete

as for you though its normal man as you can see from me every system has its little quirks ... the slims are build good though

visionedorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 visionedorange
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
ya your probably right thx for puttin my mind at ease :P