Xbox 360 Multi-game Tournament

This topic is locked from further discussion.

andyb27newc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 andyb27newc
Member since 2006 • 254 Posts

Hello all...this tournament is straightforward and should be fun...but we need you to be interested to make it work.

It's an Olympic-style idea where you can participate in as many or as few events as you want...obviously depending on whether you have the games and can make the event times!

Overall it is meant to be a laugh!

Myself and a lad called Craig will be running the event. The games to be part of the tournament will be:

Modern Warfare 3

Fifa 12

Forza 4

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Trials Evolution

Gears of War 3

Bad Company 2

Top Spin 4

Madden 12

Battlefield 3

NFS Hot Pursuit

London 2012 Olympics

Black Ops 2

Fifa 13

Forza Horizon

Halo 4

NFS Most Wanted

PES 13

Transformers FAC

F1 2012

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Farcry 3

*More games can be suggested by tournament players and if there's interest we'll add them to the list.

We will put these into an order of when to be played (these details will be released before the tournament begins).

The rules for the tournament therefore will be:

Before the tournament begins each player will nominate one game which will be their double points game.

Players can enter as many or as few game events as possible. This will obviously depend on whether each player has the game needed for the event and/or whether they can be available for the event (myself and Craig will give a lot of notice for players).

Each game event will have its rules set out in a separate thread just for that game event. For example, the MW3 event will probably be a series of FFA matches in all of the original maps. For scoring, every player in each game event will score one point for every tournament player they finish above - e.g. if there are 10 players in the MW3 game event and you finish 1st you will receive 9 points, if you finish 2nd you would get 8 points.

Myself and Craig will update the tournament league standings in this thread with the order of players, their points total and also the number of games played (obviously people who enter more events might get more points than those who don't, but it will be obvious how they've got the points because we'll state how many events entered).

We have a few already interested so please sign up below to state your interest in joining the tournament. (You don't need to do anything other than just put your username at the moment!). If you have other Xbox friends who might want to participate but aren't on this forum then you can add them to the list on their behalf.

Current Tournament Players (from another forum where this is also posted):

The Rebel MC (me)

Craigcwwe (the other tournament runner)

ri916

Pnefc22

tom_numbers

Northern Soul

Carmi88

Mr Villa

G-Man 11

Please sign up to state your interest by Friday 17th August so we can get cracking.

Thanks all.

Duckitology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Duckitology
Member since 2012 • 48 Posts
Good luck on this
andyb27newc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 andyb27newc
Member since 2006 • 254 Posts

Definitely thought we'd get some interest from GS - come on people - get signing up. Can only be a great tournament with a fair few signed up to make the game events worthwhile.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

it kinda makes it hard for most people to commit to anything when they have no idea whatsoever on when any of the events will take place? I know you said youll let people know beforehand, but it helps to have that worked out before you try to do the contest...

for instance, several games listed are not out yet...I cant tell you Ill play Gears3 and have no idea when, let alone say Ill play Halo 4 which doesnt come out until November...I as Im sure as many others have a job and family, and most people have school. so while the idea of a tounament is cool, you need to have the what game and when aspect of it ready before you can expect anyone to really sign up