xbox 360 Harddrive Question please help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

phatram32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 phatram32
Member since 2003 • 687 Posts

So i am running out of space on my 20 gig hardddrive with all the patches and add ons that I have for all my games and have a few questions.

1. Can your gamertag be used with more than one hardrive if I were to buy the 120 gig version?

2. is there a way to transfer your files from the 20 gig harddrive to the 120 gig harddrive?

razoredge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 razoredge13
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts

I recently did this myself, although I went 20GB to the 60GB since it was half the price. I'm unsure about the gamertag issue - I know that you can use a memory unit to transfer your gamertag to other systems.

As for transferring the files from 20GB to a bigger Hard drive, there are two ways. If you just want to keep game saves, etc. you can use a Memory Unit. If you'd like to transfer everything, including gamer tag, you can purchase a "Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer kit" for around $13 from microsoft. This will wipe the 20GB, but will transfer EVERYTHING to the new Hard Drive :) Note that if you purchase a retail 120GB, the transfer kit comes included for free.

Here is a link with more info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937279?sd=xbox

phatram32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 phatram32
Member since 2003 • 687 Posts

I recently did this myself, although I went 20GB to the 60GB since it was half the price. I'm unsure about the gamertag issue - I know that you can use a memory unit to transfer your gamertag to other systems.

As for transferring the files from 20GB to a bigger Hard drive, there are two ways. If you just want to keep game saves, etc. you can use a Memory Unit. If you'd like to transfer everything, including gamer tag, you can purchase a "Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer kit" for around $13 from microsoft. This will wipe the 20GB, but will transfer EVERYTHING to the new Hard Drive :) Note that if you purchase a retail 120GB, the transfer kit comes included for free.

Here is a link with more info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937279?sd=xbox

razoredge13

Good to hear that it comes with the 120 gig model, I might just do that. Thanks for the help