xbox 360 failure rate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for kingyof2thjring
kingyof2thjring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kingyof2thjring
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
if the xbox 360 failure rate is bad as everyone says it is, then would it notbe wise to purchase breakdown cover or something like that. No xbox360currentlyouton the market is safe from rrrod so thisextended waranty might be the best deal.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

A extended warranty through the retailer is always the ebst route to go.

I recommend the PRP (Product Replacement Plan)warranty through BEST BUY, since it's the best.

Appljaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Appljaxx
Member since 2003 • 83 Posts
You wouldn't happen to work at BB would you?
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy any form of extra warranty on the console. I shouldn't have to. If my console has to be repaired, which may I add, it is - currently on it's way to the service cetnre, then so be it. I simply refuse to spend any more money on it.

£300 was expensive enough when I bought mine in April this year and having my console get disc read errors from a bad HDD...another poorly manufactured Microsoft device...after only 5 months...I'll definitely wait for my refurbished Xbox. It's their responsibility to provide the goods as stated "to meet at least satisfactory standards". It's not my responsibility to lay out more money on coverage plans or replacement parts, be that prior to purchasing the system, or not, imo.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts

I personally wouldn't buy any form of extra warranty on the console. I shouldn't have to. If my console has to be repaired, which may I add, it is - currently on it's way to the service cetnre, then so be it. I simply refuse to spend any more money on it.

£300 was expensive enough when I bought mine in April this year and having my console get disc read errors from a bad HDD...another poorly manufactured Microsoft device...after only 5 months...I'll definitely wait for my refurbished Xbox. It's their responsibility to provide the goods as stated "to meet at least satisfactory standards". It's not my responsibility to lay out more money on coverage plans or replacement parts, be that prior to purchasing the system, or not, imo.Gregoroth

I completely agree. Mine broke down yesterday and I am refussing to send it in for a month. That is a long time especailly when I paid $400 for it.

kingyof2thjring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kingyof2thjring
yes but your in your first year of your waranty, what about after the first year the extended 3yr waranty only covers rrod what if you incurred another one of those disc scracthing problemsthen what would you do?
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
What would I do? I wouldn't buy another one...
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
Failure is really high....my just got RROD 1 wwk ago. Now i must wait for another 3 weeks to get my x360 back...so sad.
kingyof2thjring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kingyof2thjring
so if you had 20 or more games then you would let them rot?
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I dont agree with extended warranty.
adamholton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adamholton
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any advice...

I bought my 360 Over a year ago, within that first year I had it repaired once, now I am out of my one year garauntee and my replacement 360 has just gone down (Error 74 with one red light flashing)

would I be covered for one year after the replacement? or am I stuck with having to fork out for a new 360?

This really sucks as I have just got xbox live, a HD TV and call of duty 4!

Any help would be gratefully received! thanks v much.