XBOX 360 European VOD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

piinshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 piinshot
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

Now is anyone else concerned about this. US has had it forever...being able to download HD movies over xbox live. When will the UK get it. I recall in detail at E3 2007 that microsoft announced we would have it by the end of 2007! Well the end is here and the VOD is not!And there is no way that it will be released with tomorrows update as that would be the most important news (aside from divx) and they would have announced it already.

Can i just say that i am disgusted at the way microsoft and many other american media companys treat Europeans, why should we have to wait so long for what is almost exactly the same?It happens all the time. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE PIRACY!because we are sick to death of paying more and waiting longer!

We want VOD....or should i just go download the movies for free?

Pinshot

Astropyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Astropyr
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts

I am also European , but whats the big deal about downloading movies on Xbox live? Rent or buy them on DVD. Its a gaming console and the last thing i care about having on it, is movies! And what will happen to the movies you downloaded when you switch to a new console after a few years?

symbiote666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 symbiote666
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts

You buy movies for the price of a cinema ticket. If I had a choice between paying £5 to drive to the store, rent the movie, come home and watch it in SD, and sitting at home, paying £5 to download a movie then watch it in HD, I know what I would choose.

You only get the movies for a few days, it's not a 'life time' deal, which is why they don't cost £12-14 per movie.

Someone told me that the Video Marketplace would come to the UK with the Dec 4 update, that's pretty obvious it's not going to happen as there has been nothing said about it. I guess Microsoft just don't give a damn about us.

piinshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 piinshot
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
yeah im really getting sick of the attitude of american and japanese countries towards europe. It is just seen as the place to make moey from no matter how old your product is. Its the principle anyway,why should US get VOD and we dont!!!!AND WHY DOES NOBODY MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF THE FACT WE WERE PROMISED IT AND IT HAS NOT HAPPENED!
elmafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 elmafia
Member since 2003 • 1490 Posts

haha I wonder when it will come to sweden. they did hint it at major nelson show that it will come. check here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/archive/2007/11/30/december-2007-system-update.aspx

this is what I found:

* Added support for renting Movies in several international countries

But I heard its only for UK, Germany, France and maybe two more countries cant remember. but no sweden :(. guess il have to wait for the next update.

symbiote666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 symbiote666
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts

yeah im really getting sick of the attitude of american and japanese countries towards europe. It is just seen as the place to make moey from no matter how old your product is. Its the principle anyway,why should US get VOD and we dont!!!!AND WHY DOES NOBODY MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF THE FACT WE WERE PROMISED IT AND IT HAS NOT HAPPENED!piinshot

What's worse is when we DO get it, you know we will end up getting movies/TV shows weeks after other countries. The XB marketplace looks so boring in the UK.