Xbox 360 Controller Problems. ( Please Reply)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yurichia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 yurichia
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
My Xbox 360 Wireless Controller keeps disconnecting. How can I deal with this BIG problem? Also, what is the cause of this problems? I need HELP quickely.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

My Xbox 360 Wireless Controller keeps disconnecting. How can I deal with this BIG problem? Also, what is the cause of this problems? I need HELP quickely.yurichia

Yeah, not sure. But I bet your neighbor is wondering why his 360 keeps turning on.

Try using a different controller and see if the problem goes away. It may be a defective controller.

xenohart7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 xenohart7
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hey I had the exact same problem?

All I did was examin my controll (Looked at the battery pack) and realised that it was a tiny bit loose?

I then sticky taped my battery pack down to the controll then it was working fine =DDD

I hope that this answer solves many peoples problems and that I become famous =D lol XD

Well all it pretty much is, is a LOOSE BATTERY PACK!!! I REPEAT!!! A LOOSE BATTERY PACK!!!

Now I can go back to enjoying Lost Odyssey =P ^.^

Gamertag: Andeh666

peeweeshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 peeweeshift
Member since 2004 • 3909 Posts
hopefuklly this works for me. rumble usually makes the battery pack move and my contrller goes off. i have 6 but i never thought about using tape so thanks
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Oooooooooooooooooooor, it's just simply because your batteries are dead and you need new ones.
lee7892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 lee7892
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
i have this problem and i have 2 different controllers and i have got slightly woblly battery packs on both of them so its annoying, also i have tried using MILLIONS of differnt batteries and still the problem persists :( guess i am going to have to ruin the look of my nice black elite controller by putting tape around it :(
Cipher92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cipher92
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts
That or you're using rechargeable batteries and they aren't strong enough.
Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts
replace BATTIRES even if the thing in the cornor says its full, put some normal brand new battires and see if it works
Dreads89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dreads89
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
hey i had that problem to!! but instead of taping the battery pack i just wrapped some tape around the batterys. (keeps them from jostling around in there) it seems to work really well even if you get hit by a grenade in halo.
JellyBeans3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JellyBeans3
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

ok the last few days have been really weird with my xbox 360 wireless controller, i use the rechargable battery pack and have been using it since June 2008. Problem is, well I found THIS one out today, is that in Halo 3, when i shoot my guns, i feel no vibration with that, or in anything that causes vibration, i havn't tested it with my other games, but i have to keep disconnecting my battery pack to feel the vibration. and you know the green light that blinks on the button that can take you to the dashboard and stuff? the X button, not the BLUE X but the one in the middle of the controller, the green light is like flashing around that entire button for some reason. help??

simmonzvtwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 simmonzvtwo
i have the same problem and havent found a solution and i have that problem on both of my controllers with brand new batteries
AlphaBon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AlphaBon
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Nothing works for me, I have the same problem. Mine turns off when the remote vibrates. so i tryed wedging papper in the battery pack. Didnt work. Tryed sticky tape. Didnt work. I swear im about to throw the remote at a brick wall
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

Oooooooooooooooooooor, it's just simply because your batteries are dead and you need new ones.Ghost_702

It robs me of my batteries, Look I press the guide button and says I got 3 bars on the batteries but every few mintues it keeps turning of and I replaced the batteries and it works perfectly.

DaeN666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaeN666
Had same problem -its from using cheaper batteries or from leaving batteries is for a very long time. If you take the battery pack out and remove the batteries and look down where the batteries go the metal conductors are most likely not working correctly due to build up of crap and need to be cleaned - I suggest a piece of fine sand paper attached to the end of a pencil to clean them. Once they are nice and shiny again, check the conductors have not been flattened too much and if need be bend them a little with the pencil so they are raised up a little more (not too much as they will break, as they will if this process is repeated too many times ans they will fatigue). Now your problem SHOULD be solved?
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="DaeN666"]Had same problem -its from using cheaper batteries or from leaving batteries is for a very long time. If you take the battery pack out and remove the batteries and look down where the batteries go the metal conductors are most likely not working correctly due to build up of crap and need to be cleaned - I suggest a piece of fine sand paper attached to the end of a pencil to clean them. Once they are nice and shiny again, check the conductors have not been flattened too much and if need be bend them a little with the pencil so they are raised up a little more (not too much as they will break, as they will if this process is repeated too many times ans they will fatigue). Now your problem SHOULD be solved?

this thread is almost 3 years old...please dont bump old threads
right4dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 right4dead
Member since 2010 • 1062 Posts

its a loose bateery pack, use scotch tape to hold it down

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

I'd say buy a new battery and see if that fixes the problem. They're only about $10 and that will, most likely, tell you if the problem is with the controller or the battery. If the battery is really old even when its fully charged it will only run your controller for a minute or two. But it could be some kind of connection problem as well. So try a new battery first. Also, if you know anyone else with a 360 try connecting the controller to their 360 and see if the same thing happens.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="DaeN666"]Had same problem -its from using cheaper batteries or from leaving batteries is for a very long time. If you take the battery pack out and remove the batteries and look down where the batteries go the metal conductors are most likely not working correctly due to build up of crap and need to be cleaned - I suggest a piece of fine sand paper attached to the end of a pencil to clean them. Once they are nice and shiny again, check the conductors have not been flattened too much and if need be bend them a little with the pencil so they are raised up a little more (not too much as they will break, as they will if this process is repeated too many times ans they will fatigue). Now your problem SHOULD be solved?

this thread is almost 3 years old...please dont bump old threads

Lol I didn't read the date before replying either. And I thought I was helping :(.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts
maybe it's the battery