Xbox 360 cant play most xbox games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Killinchris13 (413 posts) -
hey who else has noticed that 360 cant play most xbox games. This is really rediculous that I paid what about 100 bux more for more memory and the ability to play xbox games when it cant....For example, even if it can't play certain games at least be able to play the really good ones...Def Jam fight for NY and V for Vendetta are platinum and greatest hits games. I cant play either one on my 400+ dollar 360.
#2 Posted by Making_Pudding (518 posts) -
THERE'S A V FOR VENDETTA GAME!?
#3 Posted by airg6 (4390 posts) -
THERE'S A V FOR VENDETTA GAME!?Making_Pudding
No, he means Def Jam Vendetta. The first Def Jam game in the seris.
#4 Posted by mahbar (48 posts) -

hey who else has noticed that 360 cant play most xbox games. This is really rediculous that I paid what about 100 bux more for more memory and the ability to play xbox games when it cant....For example, even if it can't play certain games at least be able to play the really good ones...Def Jam fight for NY and V for Vendetta are platinum and greatest hits games. I cant play either one on my 400+ dollar 360.Killinchris13

hmmm, i don't like xbox360 but hey, you have many console! its that you started to boring?

#5 Posted by Making_Pudding (518 posts) -

[QUOTE="Making_Pudding"]THERE'S A V FOR VENDETTA GAME!?airg6

Then why did he say "V for Vendetta"? He got my hopes up. :(

#6 Posted by gglass19 (67 posts) -
Since you still own you Xbox then play it on that
#7 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

hey who else has noticed that 360 cant play most xbox games. This is really rediculous that I paid what about 100 bux more for more memory and the ability to play xbox games when it cant....For example, even if it can't play certain games at least be able to play the really good ones...Def Jam fight for NY and V for Vendetta are platinum and greatest hits games. I cant play either one on my 400+ dollar 360.Killinchris13

The Xbox 360 can play a ton of Xbox original games but for some odd reason, Deus Ex isnt on the list! Go figure. :P

#8 Posted by airg6 (4390 posts) -

[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="Making_Pudding"]THERE'S A V FOR VENDETTA GAME!?Making_Pudding

Then why did he say "V for Vendetta"? He got my hopes up. :(

I dont think there are any v for vendetta games based off the movie. Plus the movie came out after the time of the original xbox.
#9 Posted by Pimp120 (9 posts) -
all you need to do is update ur xbox with either an Official Xbox Magazine demo disc or an automatic update from XBOX LIVE
#10 Posted by a_user (746 posts) -

The Xbox 360 can play a large amount of Xbox originals but usually they require a download from Xbox LIVE which is accesible if you have at least a silver subscription. The only game that I really enjoyed but wasn't backwards compitable ios The Chronicles of Riddick, but there's a new one coming out so it doesn't matter anyway.

hmmm, i don't like xbox360 but hey, you have many console! its that you started to boring?mahbar
So you're posting in the 360 forum although you dislike the system most topics here are based on? Makes sense.

#11 Posted by sveinung1 (266 posts) -
a game wich is really stupid you cant play on a xbox 360 is metal gear solid 2! man i get freaking crazy! that's one of my favorite games!
#12 Posted by Killinchris13 (413 posts) -
all you need to do is update ur xbox with either an Official Xbox Magazine demo disc or an automatic update from XBOX LIVEPimp120
no microsoft has not approved all the games...on xbox.com there is a list of games that 360 can play and it is not many since there are hundreds of xbox games and the list is only one page long...
#13 Posted by Killinchris13 (413 posts) -
a game wich is really stupid you cant play on a xbox 360 is metal gear solid 2! man i get freaking crazy! that's one of my favorite games!sveinung1
......................duh....
#14 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

1) You sig says you have an xbox, so just go play the games on that

2) The Def Jam games are just horrific, so not being able to play them on 360 is a blessing. Icon was so awful the studio that made it got closed down not long after.

3) The 360 Backwards Compatibility Games List has 465 games on it, none of which had to be supported because it is a new system. Sure not every game that everyone wants to play is on there, but in contrast the 40GB PS3 (the only model available in Europe) has NO backwards compatibilty.

#15 Posted by Killinchris13 (413 posts) -

[QUOTE="Killinchris13"]hey who else has noticed that 360 cant play most xbox games. This is really rediculous that I paid what about 100 bux more for more memory and the ability to play xbox games when it cant....For example, even if it can't play certain games at least be able to play the really good ones...Def Jam fight for NY and V for Vendetta are platinum and greatest hits games. I cant play either one on my 400+ dollar 360.Avenger1324

1) You sig says you have an xbox, so just go play the games on that

2) The Def Jam games are just horrific, so not being able to play them on 360 is a blessing. Icon was so awful the studio that made it got closed down not long after.

3) The 360 Backwards Compatibility Games List has 465 games on it, none of which had to be supported because it is a new system. Sure not every game that everyone wants to play is on there, but in contrast the 40GB PS3 (the only model available in Europe) has NO backwards compatibilty.

Actually Fight for NY is really good and a platinum hits game...everyone i have played Fight for NY with loves it and Icon was indeed a waste of time. They completely changed the game from NY so yeah Icon was a mistake but NY and Vendetta were good.