Xbox 360 Avatar Clothes ????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BushmanSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BushmanSteve
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

How do I get new clothes for my avatar on xbox 360, its not a big deal but it anoys the hell out of me.

Do I buy it in the market place if so where?

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

That feature is not implemented yet. I think sometime around the holidays. What you see right now, is what you get.

mccloskey-14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mccloskey-14
Member since 2007 • 472 Posts
Yea there bringing in a new pay for clothes thing, supposedly one is a guitar, sounds cool, hopefully clothing is only like 20ms points but I doubt it, but with the emphasis on avatar games like 1vs100 people want their avatars to look cool. I have kept the same kind of clothing for a while but I still retain its a useful function that users benefit from.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
I will never buy clothes for the avatar :lol: Achievements will unlock some so thats enough for me.
joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#5 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

The feature for the avatar marketplace is included in tomorrows update.

Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Furanko_Kun
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
Yea there bringing in a new pay for clothes thing, supposedly one is a guitar, sounds cool, hopefully clothing is only like 20ms points but I doubt it, but with the emphasis on avatar games like 1vs100 people want their avatars to look cool. I have kept the same kind of clothing for a while but I still retain its a useful function that users benefit from.mccloskey-14
Actually you're close it'll be 80 MSP and a full set is like 130 or so. ^_^[ QUOTE="gow117"]I will never buy clothes for the avatar :lol: Achievements will unlock some so thats enough for me.

Hopefully the update will recognize achievements that are already achieved from pre-update. >_>
x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts
[QUOTE="BushmanSteve"]

How do I get new clothes for my avatar on xbox 360, its not a big deal but it anoys the hell out of me.

Do I buy it in the market place if so where?

There will be a marketplace for teh avatars...Now you just stick with your average crappy clothes! That's what i've been doing :cry:
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
there is no way in hell i will be spending money on my avatar, if its not free i aint using it
cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

ya ill spend my money on clothes for the real life me, dont need to update my xbox version when the one i have now is fine. i still havnt even changed anything on him since the first day of the nxe.

i miss the old system

B055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 B055
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts

Next update. Who would pay for a virtual character anyway.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Im probably going to just buy the Halo 3 shirt, and thats it..
dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

in the fall they are implimenting it, you can either buy new clothes or unlock them like achievments.

Kaos39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Kaos39
Member since 2007 • 695 Posts
Should be in the next update, don't know if I'll buy anything, maybe if there is something really cool and the price is right. Knowing Microsoft, it will be overpriced though. Anyone know when the update is due to be released?
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Im probably going to just buy the Halo 3 shirt, and thats it..NintendoGamer3

and then the helmet, the battle rifle, then the sword..etc, lol

no way im paying for avatar accessories/clothes that should be free.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
Yep I can't wait for them to do this. I never used to believe in buying gamer pics or themes, but it's what you see in your profile or background all the time. It's nice to have a better background and better gamerpic. So I have bought NJ Devils gamerpics, NY Yankee gamerpics, and a NYY gamertheme, I've enjoyed all of them. I just wish they had actual photos of the Yankees in the theme, it's just pictures out of the MLB video game. When the avatars release though I hope they have like a NY Yankee hat, preferrably fitted and a Yankee jersey, NY Giants jersey, or some sports jerseys. Who would pay for avatar clothes? Well people like me and lots of others. I always have a lot of points and like my avatar to resemble me and look cool, so for $3 I have no problem buying a Yankees, Giants, or one of my sports teams shirts or hats. I actually want them and will gladly pay. I really won't buy anything other than that though, unless you can buy a gun to hold but I doubt it.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sonny360Elite
It shouldn't be free either, developers take time to work on all of these and it's not done by Microsoft. 2k will be making avatar clothes, THQ and every other developer, that's who this is meant to help, meantime we get to make our avatars unique with so many things to choose from.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

Buying avatar clothes is a total waste of money IMO because not enough people see it to make that worthwhile. But the idea of getting avatar stuff with achievements sounds really cool to me. I'm just hoping that some older games like Gears 2 and Mass Effect get a ptach for that.

BlueCoopsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlueCoopsy
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

I like the idea of unlocking clothes through achievments. Hopefully there will be GTA 4 clothes unlocked for the avatar.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

i have 130 MSP, so whatever I see that'll get the points down to 0, I'll pick it up

BushmanSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BushmanSteve
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I would not spend a penny buying "Cloths" for my avatar, but you still want to know these things.

Iunderstand that next year xbox live might be free similar to PS3's online services, I assume that is not going to include the marketplce...................We shoud be so lucky?

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

B055

It's funny that you phrased it as "virtual character," which describes MMOs. I'm sure lots of people will pay for it.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BLAS1AN

It shouldn't be free either, developers take time to work on all of these and it's not done by Microsoft. 2k will be making avatar clothes, THQ and every other developer, that's who this is meant to help, meantime we get to make our avatars unique with so many things to choose from.Sonny360Elite

i doubt it takes up a lot of production costs and time to come up with virtual doll clothes. I want my developers working on games...not clothes, lol

d-high29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 d-high29
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts

If you can buy them with achievements will you lose gamerscore if you buy them?

jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
they are implementing the feature in the new dashboard update
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sonny360Elite

[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]It shouldn't be free either, developers take time to work on all of these and it's not done by Microsoft. 2k will be making avatar clothes, THQ and every other developer, that's who this is meant to help, meantime we get to make our avatars unique with so many things to choose from.BLAS1AN

i doubt it takes up a lot of production costs and time to come up with virtual doll clothes. I want my developers working on games...not clothes, lol

Oh, that's what you want YOUR developers doing?? Since when are they your developers? Do you own the company? It doesn't take a lot of time and they still are working on games, but like I said it's a way for them to get more money. Which is good and I want them to get more money, after all it will only cost me $5 for a bunch of sports jerseys and hats. Go buy your real clothes for that much, you'll be paying $500 and that small $5 for avatar clothes helps the developers and MS a lot. If you don't want it don't buy it, I don't know why you'd expect a bunch of licensed clothing for free though. For the guy wondering if you'll lose gamerscore.,...no, they will be achievements that will unlock clothing. So by fulfilling an achievement you'll get a shirt or something. Maybe a shirt like "I beat Call of Duty"
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]It shouldn't be free either, developers take time to work on all of these and it's not done by Microsoft. 2k will be making avatar clothes, THQ and every other developer, that's who this is meant to help, meantime we get to make our avatars unique with so many things to choose from.Sonny360Elite

Oh, that's what you want YOUR developers doing?? Since when are they your developers? Do you own the company? It doesn't take a lot of time and they still are working on games, but like I said it's a way for them to get more money. Which is good and I want them to get more money, after all it will only cost me $5 for a bunch of sports jerseys and hats. Go buy your real clothes for that much, you'll be paying $500 and that small $5 for avatar clothes helps the developers and MS a lot. If you don't want it don't buy it, I don't know why you'd expect a bunch of licensed clothing for free though. For the guy wondering if you'll lose gamerscore.,...no, they will be achievements that will unlock clothing. So by fulfilling an achievement you'll get a shirt or something. Maybe a shirt like "I beat Call of Duty"

I consider the Tennessee Titans "my team" also...no need to make a big deal out of that. anyway, MS gets there hands on everything such as costs. numerous developers (valve, Epic,jonathan Blow, Bungie...etc) have wanted some of there DLC to be free but have to confront MS who sets the prices. gamerpics, clothes and wallpaper can also serve as free advertisement for companies. Of course I dont have to buy them but I have a right to discuss my opinions. yahoo avatar customizations are free so should xbox.

xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts

[QUOTE="B055"]

Palantas

It's funny that you phrased it as "virtual character," which describes MMOs. I'm sure lots of people will pay for it.

You have a good point there, I'm pretty sure lot's of people will buy clothings for their avatars, because they have to express themselves.