WTF??!? Where's my Curb Appeal achievement???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts

Today when I was playing Gears online, I've realized that I already got over 100 kills in ranked matches using the curb stomp.  However, I didn't get the achievement for reasons unknown.

When I looked into my details in the leaderboards section, it showed my curb stomp kill statistics being this:

Warzone: 66
Execution: 35
Assassination: 1

And that adds up to a total of 102 curb stomp kills, and I didn't give me the achievement!!  Can any of you tell me WTF is wrong here?  I really appreciate some help here.

scarface_uk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 scarface_uk_
Member since 2005 • 441 Posts
you will get it eventually, just play a few more games, i didnt get the achievement for winning a game on every map for ages and i finally got after i lost a game which makes no sense
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flaming_Ape
you will get it eventually, just play a few more games, i didnt get the achievement for winning a game on every map for ages and i finally got after i lost a game which makes no sensescarface_uk_
I'll maybe try that later and see how it works out.
Moncada5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Moncada5
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts
I had something like happen to me on UNO and Small Arms. I got 23 wins in UNO before it would give me my 10 wins achievement and I have over 150 wins in Small Arms and I have yet to thet the 100 wins achievement. You just got keep at it.
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flaming_Ape
So a good strategy would be keeping on curb stomping and playing until I get the achievement? And I also have another question: do curb stomps count as executions? I'm wondering because I don't know if I'll get the capital punishment achievement along with curb appeal as well.
Avatar image for stealth360snipa
stealth360snipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 stealth360snipa
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts

Today when I was playing Gears online, I've realized that I already got over 100 kills in ranked matches using the curb stomp.  However, I didn't get the achievement for reasons unknown.

When I looked into my details in the leaderboards section, it showed my curb stomp kill statistics being this:

Warzone: 66
Execution: 35
Assassination: 1

And that adds up to a total of 102 curb stomp kills, and I didn't give me the achievement!!  Can any of you tell me WTF is wrong here?  I really appreciate some help here.

Flaming_Ape
same thing happened 2 me wit the headshot achievment. after i got a few more headshots, i got the achievment. its messed up, i know, but ireally hope they will fix this in the next software patch that comes wit annex
shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 shotputking
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
from what i've read about this, the problem is that when you quit games, it includes those kills on your records, but that it doesn't count it towards your achievements... it seems kind of backwards to me, but hopefully that helps ease your mind.  just keep getting them, you'll get the achievement eventually.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IMuGGeDSaTaN
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
from what i've read about this, the problem is that when you quit games, it includes those kills on your records, but that it doesn't count it towards your achievements... it seems kind of backwards to me, but hopefully that helps ease your mind.  just keep getting them, you'll get the achievement eventually.shotputking
Hes probably right I have never quit a game(maybe once or twice) and I got all the achievements right when they where due.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I had something like happen to me on UNO and Small Arms. I got 23 wins in UNO before it would give me my 10 wins achievement and I have over 150 wins in Small Arms and I have yet to thet the 100 wins achievement. You just got keep at it.Moncada5

Yeah, the same thing happened with Uno for me. I won WELL over 50 games before they game that achievement to me and had similar problems with the online achievements. Many achievements are glitched... it isn't even POSSIBLE to get some of them... like Mad Hatter in Alien Hominid. These ones, you just have to do it a little more than it says. Occassionally it doesn't register right for some reason.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11995 Posts
[QUOTE="Flaming_Ape"]So a good strategy would be keeping on curb stomping and playing until I get the achievement? And I also have another question: do curb stomps count as executions? I'm wondering because I don't know if I'll get the capital punishment achievement along with curb appeal as well.

yeah it sometimes takes a while
MiSTaSLiCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MiSTaSLiCK
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts
same thing happended for my gernade tag achievement. just make sure you dont quit a match or your stats dont count