wtf!? My 12 month xbox live code doesn't work! What should i do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

strycon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 strycon
Member since 2004 • 1167 Posts

Ok 4 days ago I bought a 12 month xbox live gold card.
A few minutes ago I tried to use it and and it said the code was invalid! I checked it 5 times and made someone else check it too butI entered the code correct.
I went to marketplace and chose the option on right that said "redeem code" which opended a menu to enter the code.

Did I do something wrong ordoesn't the code work?
If the code doesn't work then what chould I do? They will never believe me at the store :(.

Help please!

Fyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fyper
Member since 2007 • 495 Posts
That's too bad. They won't give refunds for those. Guess you are screwed out of your money. Unless it was an open card and they didn't activate it. Then you can go back and have it activated. But if it was in a case, you're screwed.
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
Ring customer support.

Don't expect it to be fixed quickly though, I'm ringing about a damn arcade game code that was invalidand it's taken 6 calls! Tomorrow I'm ringing up again and I'm going to be pissed.:evil:
Riotdude30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Riotdude30
Member since 2004 • 226 Posts
You are in luck my friend! Xbox Live is down for an unschedualed maintnese (I know I butchered those word). So dont worry it will work once they are finished. Ive heard they will be finished anywhere from a few hours too a day. So just hold off on you XBL gaming needs for a bit [=
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
Did you actually buy it? Many things like that aren't activated until it is scanned and purchased, so stealing them is pointless. If you did in fact purchase it, I'd called Xbox customer service and I'm sure they can sort it out with you over the phone.
ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 ihateyou_right
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts
contact microsoft and they may ask to see a picture of the card showing the code, or maybe they'll have a way of checking but they will have to do something about it.
shadybizkit123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 shadybizkit123
Member since 2004 • 1743 Posts
I hear that xbox live is down at the moment. same thing happened to me a while back (only with a MS points card) when live was down, i kept trying to put the code in and it said it didn't work. as soon as live came back up, it showed the points on my account
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I don't think you go to marketplace to enter the code. I think you have to go to "account management" or something. I can't remember exactly, its been a long time since Ive done it. I know that I tried it through marketplace and kept getting an error because it was wanting a code for points instead of a subscription code. :)
strycon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 strycon

You are in luck my friend! Xbox Live is down for an unschedualed maintnese (I know I butchered those word). So dont worry it will work once they are finished. Ive heard they will be finished anywhere from a few hours too a day. So just hold off on you XBL gaming needs for a bit [=Riotdude30

Oh thanks, thats good news. Pfew.
And nooo I didn't steal anything :P.

strycon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 strycon

I don't think you go to marketplace to enter the code. I think you have to go to "account management" or something. I can't remember exactly, its been a long time since Ive done it. I know that I tried it through marketplace and kept getting an error because it was wanting a code for points instead of a subscription code. :)Caddy06_88

Tried that too now, but didn't work either.

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 gamekingpin
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts

A few minutes ago I tried to use it and and it said the code was invalid! I checked it 5 times and made someone else check it too butI entered the code correct.
I went to marketplace and chose the option on right that said "redeem code" which opended a menu to enter the code.

If the code doesn't work then what chould I do? They will never believe me at the store :(.

Help please!

strycon

Going to the redeem code screen is for microsoft points. If you go to account mangement and go to the memebership screen there should be a prepaid part in the payment options screen (something like that) if you have already tried that and it didnt work I would call 8004myxbox.

BigDaddyChacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BigDaddyChacon
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts
Check the back of the card packaging to see if the code expired. I bought a subscription card in January and I noticed on the back of the card packaging that I had until June 30, 2006 to redeem the code. Maybe yours expired.
C0nky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 C0nky
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I wouldn't say your screwed quite yet though. If the store won't do anything about, I'd call MS. I'm sure they have some way of tracking those codes. I don't know though.
X-tract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 X-tract
Member since 2005 • 375 Posts

I was gonna suggest to go back to the store... but I see that that wont work....

maybe contact Microsoft themself?

bluntiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bluntiss
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts

Going back to the store probalby won't do anything. They will say to call ms. But I woud still try, say that "I bought it through your store and it doesn't work. It's your job to provide customer service and by giving me nothing and telling me to go to the manufacteur provides no reason for me or anybody I know to come to this store". This should make them move a bit and don't talk to a sales rep go to the store manager.

If that doesn't work you have to call ms. Tell them the code and they will look into when the account was created, what city and most importantly who's console it is located on. They can track everything to do with the codes and as long as it fits, they will give you a new card. Tehy have too, you payed, you get that's that.

Help please!

strycon