Wireless Headset Any good

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for YoungGSReviewer
YoungGSReviewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 YoungGSReviewer
Member since 2007 • 889 Posts

Hi I was looking at the xbox 360 wireless headset and I was wondering if there are a lot of problems with them? My other mic broke so I am looking for a better one.

mrmoeone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mrmoeone
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts

some people say wireless is better others prefer standard...i have the standard mic and its only 20 bucks i believe.My brother has a wireless mic and his seems to work pretty good but of course it costs more,but if u have the money go for it...:)

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

I have a wireless mic and it works great except it picks up alot of background noise. Yet my friend also has one and i can hardly even hear him yet alone the background noise. They are really comfortable though and i enjoy having no wires.

ALF0NS0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ALF0NS0A
Member since 2008 • 273 Posts

Hi I was looking at the xbox 360 wireless headset and I was wondering if there are a lot of problems with them? My other mic broke so I am looking for a better one.

YoungGSReviewer
Wireless are the only mics that I use now. When my two wired ones broke after a very long life, I bought two wireless headsets. Definitely worth the money. I have yet to have any problems with either.
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

I've used the wireless now for a year and I simply can not go back to the standard mic. I feel you can hear better on the Wireless Mic, plus the freedom associated with "wireless" is a huge plus. So when mine broke it was a no-brainer to go and get another one. Definitely recommend one.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
WIRELESS MICS ARE FOR PRO'S lol i got the halo 3 version in 2007 xmas. And i love that thing and it is still working. i think the only problem you will have with it is if your t.v is loud the mic will pick up mostly on gunfire. good think i don't my TV loud when playing but for some reason i like it loud when watching TV lol. also other problem is 8hr charges. i charge my mic every 2 days but when i have my gaming days the mic is over. thinking about buying wire mic for those long gaming days but still haven't guess not big deal to me
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I think they're way better than the wired. They are smaller, better sound quality, and don't plug into the controller. =-)

BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
I had about 3 wired mics break on me so I ended up getting wireless. I've had this one for about 2 years now. It holds a charge for a good while as long as you keep it charged every night. Only problem with it is that sometimes it will resync to your xbox and you'll have to wait a few seconds before you can talk until it's done.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
wireless is better sound quality BUT mine always disconnected for about 2 secs and reconnected all the time got really annoying also when it is dead you cant use it while its charging. I would go with turtle beach x1's its what i have now and its amazing.
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

wireless is better sound quality BUT mine always disconnected for about 2 secs and reconnected all the time got really annoying also when it is dead you cant use it while its charging. I would go with turtle beach x1's its what i have now and its amazing.2pac_makaveli

Yup. They do seem to have a random 2second disconnect every so often.

Mostaccioli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mostaccioli
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I Have Turtle Beach's X41's wireless headset. - No hissing like the x4's and earlier models sometimes had...great 5.1 surround sound, super crisp clear sound Mic.

here is a good you tube review of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjQA6z4FTSw

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I tried out the wireless headset & hated it. I've had the same wired headset for over 2 years, comfortable & still works like new. It is the Plantronics X30.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I Have Turtle Beach's X41's wireless headset. - No hissing like the x4's and earlier models sometimes had...great 5.1 surround sound, super crisp clear sound Mic.

here is a good you tube review of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjQA6z4FTSw

Mostaccioli
Yeah I had a Turtle Beach headset, not worth the money, sold it. Only came in handy when I had to be quiet, but that was like never & much better sound from surround sound system anyways. So I don't suggest spending $100 to $200 when you can get a Plantronics X30 for $15 & 2 games instead.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
the x1 turtle beach head set is as much as a game it is wired but still very good, however if you have surround sound hooked up to ur tv and xbox you would not want to get any turtle beach headsets. IF YOU DNT have surround sound then the headphones are like having it right around ur ears. and they work amazing. best 60$ i ever spent
jimbo_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 jimbo_24
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts

i hated when my friends came on and i had to charge it to play with them if it died so i stick with my wired one now

hyghwayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hyghwayman
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I'm 43yrs old,

Very carefull w/ my junk and still every wired mic I've had has failed so I'm going wireless from now on.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

I hated the WL headset. I sold mine soon after I got it. I would suggestnot getting it. I have the logitech low-end wired one and it works perfect! I think it was like 10 bucks off amazon. Its the black and green one.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11996 Posts

It is the worst investment I have made. I bought it because my wired one broke about three months ago. I get constant echo and it disconnects every 10 minutes.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
I have the official wireless headset and it works great. It's small, lightweight and easy to wear and use. So far the only downside is it can run out of battery mid-session, and you can't charge it while wearing it. I have my regular wired headset as a backup in case this happens.