will xbox one live gold works in unsupported regions?

gamingslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gamingslayer
Member since 2015 • 19 Posts

Hey bros,so i live in egypt and egypt is not in the supported list of the xbox live...so what i want to know is that will the xbox one works in egypt?will xbox live gold works in here?i can buy pre paid live cards btw...and i know that i can change my region to the US so if i do this will it work?the most important thing to me is will i be able to play games online?and am i going to be able to get my free games each month?i know that some feautres won't work but as i said before will i be able to play online normally?will i get the updates and the dlc and the patches normally?what feautres i'm not going to be able to use?i'm going to get pre paid cards xbox live gold...

What issues am i going to face?or non?

Thx in advance bros  

Sry 4 bad english

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

Xbox live should work, I don't think it has any regional locking, But don't take my word for it, go to x.box.com and try buying it. If you can buy it with an Egyptian IP, there should be no problem.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@tanerb: Egypt are one of the few countries that are not on the supported Xbox Live list, meaning he won't be able to use Xbox Live features with an Egyptian IP. To the OP I think you're all out of luck here.

gamingslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamingslayer

@BattleSpectre: but i searched and i saw that as long as u have an internet connection it'll work normally...but some feautres wont work...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

You will need to pick a region/country close to you.

XBL is not region locked , because here/Greece/ we got suport in 2012 , but most of us used UK accounts to play.

Its a pain in the ass trying to keep XBL gold so i hope you have a credit card or you import Gold cards.

gamingslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamingslayer

@Ant_17: so if i changed my region to the US it'll work?i'll get pre paid cards...what feautres wont work?and how to change my region to the US?my microsoft account is US...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ant_17

@gamingslayer said:

@Ant_17: so if i changed my region to the US it'll work?i'll get pre paid cards...what feautres wont work?and how to change my region to the US?my microsoft account is US...

The only thing that will not work are the TV stuff /Netflix , Hulu etc/ playing games online and dlc will work but i think it will be better to find a closer country , because US accounts are verry strick.

I think you need a brand new account.Not sure how MS handles region change but Sony allows it if/when they detect you in a diff region.

I think you need a brand new account.

gamingslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamingslayer

@Ant_17: i already changed my MS account to the us...so is that it?or i should change something else?can i buy from the xbox market with the egyptian credit card or do i have to a us one?my friends have ps4 and the psn works normally...i mean for games

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ant_17

@gamingslayer said:

@Ant_17: i already changed my MS account to the us...so is that it?or i should change something else?can i buy from the xbox market with the egyptian credit card or do i have to a us one?my friends have ps4 and the psn works normally...i mean for games

Thats it.

Nothing else except to get Gold and you are set.

As for credit card:Don't know , you will have to try yourself friend.

gamingslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamingslayer

@Ant_17: so i contacted MS support and they said that the xbox live won't work in egypt since it's not on the list...butu say and a lot of other people say that the xbox live will work just fine...so nw i'm confused...are u sure that it'll work?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ant_17

@gamingslayer said:

@Ant_17: so i contacted MS support and they said that the xbox live won't work in egypt since it's not on the list...butu say and a lot of other people say that the xbox live will work just fine...so nw i'm confused...are u sure that it'll work?

Listen just connect to XBL and see if you can enter the store and get somthing that is free/DLC , avatar stuff anything/

Calling MS is a waste of time because they don't care about you in Egypt.If soulders in Iraq can play XBL , so can you.

gamingslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamingslayer

@Ant_17: ok thanks :)

wpmvettelbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 wpmvettelbr
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

@gamingslayer: how can I change my xbox One region to Egypt? I'm not finding it here