Will Two Worlds pose a challenge to Oblivion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts
With little tidbits of info at a time, I'm slowly getting excited for Two Worlds. At first, when i heard of the game, it looked cool. Obviously, oblivion came into my head and i knew it wasnt gonna b much of a match for it. Then i saw the press release of 8 ppl can do quests together and PvP arenas will b available too.(PvP arenas was the #1 thing i wanetd in oblivion) this kinda set off my mind that i wanted this game. and finally after hearing that there's a strong possibility of it being a MMOG, now that's simply kickass. plus, that spell naming system is pretty badazz. if they won't charge any fee to play, then this will b a must-have for me in May, and possibly a sleeper hit for 2007.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
If Two Worlds' online is good at all, it'll have more staying power than Oblivion. I think it'll be fun to get a group of eight friends and play Two Worlds, which is something you can't do with Oblivion.
RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts
I'll take quality over quantity any day.
ilovesnowboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ilovesnowboard
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
From what i have seen, it looks awesome ! Oblivion was the first Rpg i liked, (I HATED the Final Fantasy games) and Two Worlds looks's amazing=D Anyone knows when it's gonna be released?
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
It comes out May 15th. It looks awesome, but what do you mean pose a threat? Oblivion already has a lot of sales, so I doubt Bethesda really cares.
ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 ozzdog123
Member since 2003 • 1527 Posts
yeah it'll be good
miguelpaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 miguelpaco
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
oblivion always has been and always will be a classic game, and regardless of how great Two Worlds may end up being, Oblivion and the other elder scrolls came first..
ilovesnowboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ilovesnowboard
It also has awesome graphics, possibly the best i've ever seen on the 360 ! Just check out the pictures on ign.com The grass, and evironments..everythign looks so great!
johngmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johngmills
Member since 2005 • 4349 Posts
I don't think we know enough about this game to make that call....as we are all waiting to play it....but I hope it is as excellent a game as Oblivion...I'd love to have a game that sucks 400 hours out of me......
zidura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 zidura
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts
From what I've read the PC version is massively multiplayer while the 360 version allows up to 8 players to play cooperatively.  I sure wish they took the extra step to make the 360 version massively multiplayer.  Then i would not hesitate in buying this game.  I love MMO's but so far there is no great next-gen MMO on the 360 (yeah yeah FFXI doesn't count as it's not next-gen and PSU isn't really an MMO).  If not Two Worlds, then I'll wait for Conan.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I'm very much looking forward to TW. It's like Oblivion with multiplayer ;) I would get Obliv for the 360 except I already have it for the PC :( Let's just hope TW has a little better pacing.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#12 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
From what I've read the PC version is massively multiplayer while the 360 version allows up to 8 players to play cooperatively. I sure wish they took the extra step to make the 360 version massively multiplayer. Then i would not hesitate in buying this game. I love MMO's but so far there is no great next-gen MMO on the 360 (yeah yeah FFXI doesn't count as it's not next-gen and PSU isn't really an MMO). If not Two Worlds, then I'll wait for Conan.zidura

Exactly what the world needs, another MMO... *sigh*
Avatar image for zeroking420_666
zeroking420_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zeroking420_666
Member since 2004 • 1009 Posts
This is tuff call. I loved Oblivion and everything in the game is perfect. but when I heard about Two Worlds I can't wait to see a trailer so I can see what you can do acculy do in the game, and what I been hearing about its going be a sick game to get.
froggut198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 froggut198
Member since 2005 • 1369 Posts

Yeah, Two World looks cool.  Oblivion graphics and atmotsphere and gameplay similar to KOTOR (from what I've heard.)

Look great.

eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts
[QUOTE="zidura"]From what I've read the PC version is massively multiplayer while the 360 version allows up to 8 players to play cooperatively. I sure wish they took the extra step to make the 360 version massively multiplayer. Then i would not hesitate in buying this game. I love MMO's but so far there is no great next-gen MMO on the 360 (yeah yeah FFXI doesn't count as it's not next-gen and PSU isn't really an MMO). If not Two Worlds, then I'll wait for Conan.monco59

well not the world, the 360. so yea, it's exactly wut the 360 needs.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#16 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
[QUOTE="monco59"][QUOTE="zidura"]From what I've read the PC version is massively multiplayer while the 360 version allows up to 8 players to play cooperatively. I sure wish they took the extra step to make the 360 version massively multiplayer. Then i would not hesitate in buying this game. I love MMO's but so far there is no great next-gen MMO on the 360 (yeah yeah FFXI doesn't count as it's not next-gen and PSU isn't really an MMO). If not Two Worlds, then I'll wait for Conan.eddy5791

well not the world, the 360. so yea, it's exactly wut the 360 needs.

So you're making a distinction between the world and the 360?
steeltoes1241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 steeltoes1241
Member since 2004 • 128 Posts
yea didn't you get the memo. The 360 is better then the WORLD!!:P
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
how should i know? i haven't played the game yet. but so far the game sounds good
ilovesnowboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ilovesnowboard
It's just so odd that are no gameplay trailers out yet, when the game actually launches in May!
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aDDiKt24
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
I have a feeling Two Worlds might be really bad. Screenshots look good, but I just have this uneasy feeling in my gut that something doesnt feel right. We will see when GS releases their review. In answering your question I think its a safe bet to say that Two Worlds will not be as good as Oblivion.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
No idea what score TW is gonna get...hopefully it'll be good, I really need a new RPG On the bright side, it's suppose to come out around the same time as Mass Effect (May), so if one sucks I can get the other. I hope neither get delayed...
berzeker187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 berzeker187
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

From what I've read the PC version is massively multiplayer while the 360 version allows up to 8 players to play cooperatively.  I sure wish they took the extra step to make the 360 version massively multiplayer.  Then i would not hesitate in buying this game.  I love MMO's but so far there is no great next-gen MMO on the 360 (yeah yeah FFXI doesn't count as it's not next-gen and PSU isn't really an MMO).  If not Two Worlds, then I'll wait for Conan.zidura

Is Age of Conan gonna be a MMO for the 360 or just have up to 8 people online?

HelpItPlease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HelpItPlease
Member since 2006 • 589 Posts

IT'S CONFIRMED THAT THE 360 VERSION IS NOT AN MMO!!!!!!

Now that we got that out of the way, Oblivion is really overrated as far as RPGs go. There isn't enough item variety, which I feel is going to be a major advantge for two worlds. I also like the third person view a lot more, cause what's the sense of getting awesome armor if you cant see how much of a bad ass it makes you like when you're slaying enemies. And dont give me the "oblivion was third person too" bit. Have you actually tryed to play in third person? It's like you're skating on ice. The spells also look a hell of a lot better in Two Worlds, instead of some lame little ball of fire, now you lay down an awesome wall.

Dont get me wrong, I played the hell out of Oblivion, and I enjoyed a lot of it, but I feel that Two Worlds is going to be much better.

HelpItPlease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HelpItPlease
Member since 2006 • 589 Posts

No idea what score TW is gonna get...hopefully it'll be good, I really need a new RPG On the bright side, it's suppose to come out around the same time as Mass Effect (May), so if one sucks I can get the other. I hope neither get delayed...Trickshot771

Mass Effect can't get delayed cause there's no release date yet. Until you see Bioware post it on their site, dont beleive anything you hear.

zidura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 zidura
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts

[QUOTE="zidura"]From what I've read the PC version is massively multiplayer while the 360 version allows up to 8 players to play cooperatively.  I sure wish they took the extra step to make the 360 version massively multiplayer.  Then i would not hesitate in buying this game.  I love MMO's but so far there is no great next-gen MMO on the 360 (yeah yeah FFXI doesn't count as it's not next-gen and PSU isn't really an MMO).  If not Two Worlds, then I'll wait for Conan.berzeker187

Is Age of Conan gonna be a MMO for the 360 or just have up to 8 people online?

At this point anyways, Conan is slated to be a full MMO on the 360 and even possibly interact with PC players on the same servers. It's coming out on PC first, as I imagine they'll fix a lot of the early glitches before porting it over to the 360. But as far as all the information goes, Conan will be a full MMO for the 360. Of course, this means it will charge a subscription. But anyone who has played a good MMO knows this is worth it if they like it.