Will they make another Star Wars Battlefront game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ducati996R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ducati996R
Member since 2006 • 520 Posts

I think out of all the star wars games ever to come out it was probably one of the best one. It beats that force unleashed crap hands down. All the battle scenese in the movies, jump into walkers,AND to play as darth vader or boba fett as a killstreak! Why haven't they made a 3rd one for the next generation consoles or even released SW BF2 as a games on demand? Wtf?

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
I dont think its likely, at least not any time soon
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

While I'd love to see a Battlefront III, I really don't think it'll be happening. The original workings for the game were scrapped when Pandemic went under, and I think that if it was still being worked on by another developer some sort of news would have leaked by now. Such a shame though. Battlefront I and II were among the best Star Wars games out there.

PunkAntiHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PunkAntiHero
Member since 2011 • 628 Posts
I doubt that there will be a third anytime soon but I would love for them to release one.
cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

I highly doubt it, fans have been crying out for it since Battlefront II came out, and Lucasarts aren't exacctly known for listening to their fans, especially when it comes to Star Wars.

Look at KOTOR, fans want a KOTOR III, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with an MMO, but some of us want a solo experience, and no subscription fee.

ASunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ASunGod
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts
Not on this generation of consoles, you might see them make a comeback on the next generation of consoles. Unlikely none the less.
bub166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bub166
Member since 2006 • 2607 Posts

Look at the Twitter page of Spark Unlimited. On Youtube, look up a guy named TuggieGameReviews. Should tell you all you need to know.

But if you want me to some it up, basically a company called Spark Unlimited (with the amazingtrack record of Turning Point Fall of Liberty, Call of Duty Finest Hour, and Legendary) has a listing for a sci-fi third person action game for XBOX 360, PS3, and PC, needing animators with experience in robots, aliens, and humans, they claim that it is a sequel in a very popular sci-fi series, and members who left the project claim that it is a sci-fi third person action game with "sword" fighting. On their Twitter, they use the word "front" all of the time, once they said that the game is still "far, far away," they claim that if they reveal the producer it will immediately become obvious what game it is, and whenever someone asks if it is Battlefront, they tell them to ask LucasArts. The peculiar thing is that on several occasions, people asked if it was something else, and they still refered them to LucasArts. They also said the game probably won't be unveiled until spring of next year, due to another "high profile game in the franchise releasing late this year." Which is SW:ToR, obviously.

That isn't even everything. Again, look into the two sources I provided. It should be just plain obvious by then.

Avatar image for QcGabPowerBOOM1
QcGabPowerBOOM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QcGabPowerBOOM1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Yeah you're right! I just Cant wait to see if someone is still doing something for that brilliant game that I spend to much time on that :P love so much that game and when I've heard that the project that they working on drop's off I WAS CRYING :'( PLEASE LUCASART MAKE BATTLEFRONT 3
QcGabPowerBOOM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 QcGabPowerBOOM1
Yeah you're right! I just Cant wait to see if Spark unlimites is doing something for that brilliant game that I spend to much time on that :P love so much that game and when I've heard that the project that they working on drop's off I WAS CRYING :'( PLEASE LUCASART MAKE BATTLEFRONT 3
QcGabPowerBOOM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 QcGabPowerBOOM1
Sorry for the two quick reply :S
ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts
U have to play revenge of the sith! I played it, not too tough yet entertaining .
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#13 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

This is a game I would love to see made, especially now with all the advances in online multiplayer.

But I don't think it is coming anytime soon, if ever...

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

Look at the Twitter page of Spark Unlimited. On Youtube, look up a guy named TuggieGameReviews. Should tell you all you need to know.

But if you want me to some it up, basically a company called Spark Unlimited (with the amazingtrack record of Turning Point Fall of Liberty, Call of Duty Finest Hour, and Legendary) has a listing for a sci-fi third person action game for XBOX 360, PS3, and PC, needing animators with experience in robots, aliens, and humans, they claim that it is a sequel in a very popular sci-fi series, and members who left the project claim that it is a sci-fi third person action game with "sword" fighting. On their Twitter, they use the word "front" all of the time, once they said that the game is still "far, far away," they claim that if they reveal the producer it will immediately become obvious what game it is, and whenever someone asks if it is Battlefront, they tell them to ask LucasArts. The peculiar thing is that on several occasions, people asked if it was something else, and they still refered them to LucasArts. They also said the game probably won't be unveiled until spring of next year, due to another "high profile game in the franchise releasing late this year." Which is SW:ToR, obviously.

That isn't even everything. Again, look into the two sources I provided. It should be just plain obvious by then.

bub166
I heard about this a month ago, I really hope Spark is NOT developing Battlefront III, would be such a disappointment