Will there ever be a good "Batman" game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

b3njaqu3s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 b3njaqu3s
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
I mean, Dark Knight was phenomenal, I've seen it 4 times already. But if they could execute that story in a game with awesome gameplay, it would just be so perfect. What do you think?
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

they need to make a damn JLA game thats are good as the Marvel Ultimate Alliance titles...
b3njaqu3s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 b3njaqu3s
Yes, DC has always been better then Marvel, hands down. Someone just needs to step out and execute it.
Xongu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xongu
Member since 2008 • 531 Posts
that would be a good game..but Lego Batman also would be if you're into that type of game
mr__gameboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mr__gameboy
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
make it like assasins creed. the first time i saw i said to myself, this would be awesome for batman
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AtlanticRock
Batman should be BIG like GTA, but the control scheme of Assassin's Creed. Not mission based though. He'd have to tap into police calls to check where crime is... call in the Batmobile and ride out to stop crime using his stealth skills. Some puzzles maybe to defuse bombs or something...
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#7 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
ya...its called Batman Returns....for the SNES
Metalnoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Metalnoid
Member since 2006 • 1314 Posts

The Batman games for NES were good, Batman and Robin in SNES and Genesis or MegaDrive were great too. And Batman Begins in XBOX it was nice.
Is there any new game based on the last movie?

Metalnoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Metalnoid
Member since 2006 • 1314 Posts

they need to make a damn JLA game thats are good as the Marvel Ultimate Alliance titles...AtlanticRock

At the Same time that MUA was released for PS2 and XBOX, DC launch a game called JL Heroes, is an action RPG like MUA but the coolest gameplay were on MUA.

grassdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 grassdream
Member since 2006 • 1902 Posts
If you think about it, Sam Fisher is pretty much Batman.
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
I believe there is a Dark Knight game coming out at the time of the release of Dark Night on Blu-ray and DVD. But we all know how movie-game tie ins usually turn out. Craptacular.
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ironre5
Member since 2008 • 1164 Posts
ummm....yeh the best Batman game was on the Nes....no other batman game can even touch it....and batman and robin on the snes was great too
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
Lego batman is shaping up to be pretty awesome!!
Iraqi_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Iraqi_Gangster
Member since 2008 • 503 Posts
Since batman got into the 3d business, it sucked. I still remeber how awful the controls were in Batman and Robin for PS1. I wan it like AC.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
I Though Batman Begins was AWESOME.
N0-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 N0-
Member since 2008 • 308 Posts

Yes, DC has always been better then Marvel, hands down. Someone just needs to step out and execute it.b3njaqu3s

i disagree with that marvel has way better charecters dc only really has batman and superman

Iraqi_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Iraqi_Gangster

[QUOTE="b3njaqu3s"]Yes, DC has always been better then Marvel, hands down. Someone just needs to step out and execute it.N0-

Yeah, I only like Batman. Since Marvel has over 5000 characters each with their dramatic storyline. Also note that DC sucks at games.

i disagree with that marvel has way better charecters dc only really has batman and superman

b3njaqu3s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 b3njaqu3s

[QUOTE="b3njaqu3s"]Yes, DC has always been better then Marvel, hands down. Someone just needs to step out and execute it.N0-

Yes, but DC relies on the villians too. The Marvel Heroes all have the same story. GAYNESS

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#19 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
I wouldnt like to see the dark knight as a videogame, instead a game of batman giving the approach of frank miller's batman, that woud be cool in an open world, and the batgadgets, you know a mix between assassins creed and splinter cell, just a bit more fancy to give it the comic feel
b3njaqu3s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 b3njaqu3s

I wouldnt like to see the dark knight as a videogame, instead a game of batman giving the approach of frank miller's batman, that woud be cool in an open world, and the batgadgets, you know a mix between assassins creed and splinter cell, just a bit more fancy to give it the comic feeldoubalfa

Yes, Batman: Year One is easily one of the best comic books/graphic novels of all time, if ubisoft took that story and used the creed engine...oh my goodness

Ignignokt104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ignignokt104
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

I Though Batman Begins was AWESOME.XxSTILL_BORNxX

The Batman Begins game actually was pretty good. It wasn't amazing or anything but it was fun while it lasted. As someone mentioned earlier, I think a free-roaming GTA style Batman game could be pretty fun.

Nills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 Nills
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts
Man a dark knight game with an open world, and great story would be good. Lol, imagine if you beat the game and then you could go around the open world as the joker with like RPG's and knives and go through a joker storyline :twisted:
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AtlanticRock

My problem with DC is that they ONLY support Batman and Superman. My favorite character is Aquaman, but people always think of Super Friends when I bring him up... because DC doesn't give a f^ck about the other characters. They say the Trinity is Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. But not even Wonder Woman gets screen time as much as the two Icons.

I bet if DC focused on their OTHER characters(Green Lantern, Aquaman, The Flash, Blue Beetle, Huntress, etc.) maybe you'd change your mind...

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 doubalfa
my favorite character is green lantern since i was a kid, and tell me about support, some people soent even knew that green lantern is not always the black dude (john stewart) and yes aquaman has something that the big two lacks, attitude, lets be realistic, some DC characters have more than 50 years in the books, and they have too much story too search the aquaman in super friends was just a filler character, they didnt even touched the surface of most characters, and todays hype is not batman is the joker....watch your msn contacts list there is always the guy with the joker in his sing or the famous why so serious?
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AtlanticRock

my favorite character is green lantern since i was a kid, and tell me about support, some people soent even knew that green lantern is not always the black dude (john stewart) and yes aquaman has something that the big two lacks, attitude, lets be realistic, some DC characters have more than 50 years in the books, and they have too much story too search the aquaman in super friends was just a filler character, they didnt even touched the surface of most characters, and todays hype is not batman is the joker....watch your msn contacts list there is always the guy with the joker in his sing or the famous why so serious?doubalfa

I'm glad we see each other eye-to-eye... AM is royalty... EVERYTIME I read Aquaman I hear Vegeta from DBZ in my head. He's a king of atlantis that chooses not only to rule his people but also save the world. He has ALOT of potential and alot of power, but no one wants to support him... so he's left with the Super Friends image... UGH!!!

Green Lantern is an amazing character. I love John Stewart(because i'm african american and support all balck characters), but Hal Jordan is THE best lantern. I would love to see an animated Green Lantern series or movie, he's obviously got the coolest secret identity lifestyle(womanizing test pilot, what's not to love)... guest appearances from the GLC and Guy Gardner would be a plus... but again we're dealing with DC... the boyscout and dark detective get all the love....

Iraqi_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Iraqi_Gangster
Instead of Batman, make a Joker based game?
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 doubalfa
dont forget joker nowadays hehe, but yes if you look closely to the DC universe it has great characters aside the famouse ones, and they have the best villains for their heroes, I think that the main difference between marvel and Dc is that marvel knows how to create myths around their character they push them all together and into the same storyline, wich is the problem in DC as Superman and Batman do every single thing, you read a comic book of mmmm..... green arrow and you say this guy is cool he always feel fresh, but then you see him in JLA and it appears in like 2 pages and just following batmans lead and you say oh this guy is crap, and about GL every single GL is a great character name it, Hal, Kyle, Guy, John even Kilowog, and as you say about african american characters, I think black lightning is great and needs a spotlight, other characters worth noticing are, tempest, red tornado, red/green arrow, vixen, but guees it will never happen
DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts

The problem with games like these would be that they are made soley for merchandising and not from the result of a creative vision or for love of the genre. Games like that rarely turn out good.

Of course there are always rare exceptions.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 doubalfa

The problem with games like these would be that they are made soley for merchandising and not from the result of a creative vision or for love of the genre. Games like that rarely turn out good.

Of course there are always rare exceptions.

DeadlyZodiac

thats why I'd say it would be better to base it on batman year one instead of the movies

thrasher2280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thrasher2280
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
what if we played as the joker during the 6 month gap between the movies... that would be sweet and he would have moments where he snaps or something.... and partially into the movie....spoilers SPOIlers coming up. what if we had to sneak into the hospital plant the bombs then sneak in later and then get to Harvey i don't know. but if they did it right it would be pretty sweet. oh and it would be open like gta. I think it would be intense