Will there be an Xbox One Slim?

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

I've been thinking about Xbox One. Even though I'm not the biggest fan, I do love Gears of War, and Halo is not bad. Sunset Overdrive looks cool. But the thing is I don't want that big box in my room. It's just too big and I really don't like the way it looks. I have no room for it. Is there any hope they will come out with a super slim one? There are some good X box exclusives, but the console itself looks big and daunting.

#2 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

We seem to be having a lot of these threads so let's try to sum things up once and for all. YES there will be an Xbox Slim but NO, it won't be anytime soon.

Avatar image for always_explicit
#3 Posted by always_explicit (3370 posts) -

People talk about this thing like its a fucking tank. Sure its big for a console but to literally not have room for it....

#4 Posted by Sophette (512 posts) -

As technology matures, there's always more ways to make chips smaller and more energy efficient. It's been happening for generations now, even the original NES had a redesign with more efficient hardware. It's never a question of IF a slim will happen, but when. Being that the Xbox Box One is still very new hardware, I wouldn't expect to see a new chipset and overall shrink for at least two years, same with PS4.

#5 Edited by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

People talk about this thing like its a fucking tank. Sure its big for a console but to literally not have room for it....

Well it's not that I have no room, but it is far from ideal and it would require me to either get a new entertainment center or just put it on some stool next to it. It just doesn't look good for ME, given that it is so big. I haven't seen a bigger system. It may sound silly, but I am OPEN to getting an Xbox one one day, but it has to get Smaller!

#6 Posted by sukraj (26440 posts) -

Maybe who knows only time will tell.

#7 Posted by Mercuria1_King (278 posts) -

I doubt we will see a Xbox One Slim anytime soon.

#8 Posted by SolidTy (49818 posts) -

In two to three years, sure why not.

#9 Posted by Megavideogamer (6304 posts) -

Yes there will be an Xbox one Slimline console. But in 2017/2018 the Xbox one is not even 1 year old yet. But it is a given a Xbox one S console and later an even smaller Xbox one E. Microsoft will release a slim and superslim version of Xbox one.

But it is way too early to expect a slim console for Xbox one.

#10 Posted by hehe101 (728 posts) -

maybe but aliens will have destroyed humans by then, and judging by your avatar i wouldn't be surprised if you're just trying to rub in xbox owners face that its a big console.

#11 Posted by Solarplex (64 posts) -

If microsoft can make money, yes.