Will taking my XBOX through airport security damage it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FFXI-Blk-Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FFXI-Blk-Mage
Member since 2003 • 417 Posts
I've never traveled with my XBOX.. Could taking it through the x-ray machine be damaging or is it pretty much safe? :/ weird question I know
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
i dont think so but the people handleing you bags just throw stuff around. if i was you i would take a backpack and put you xbox stuff in it and take it with you on the plane
Sauce74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sauce74
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
I doubt it would damage it since it's basically a computer. People bring laptops on planes all the time and they have to pass airport security. I would definitely carry your Xbox on the plane though, I don't trust the people who load luggage. Too many stories I've heard of lost luggage.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

carry your xbox on the plane because i seen luggage handlers in action. They throw and rollthe luggage around.

anjel_of_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anjel_of_life
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts
TAke it on the plane...:arrow: plz... or you going too kill your xbox 360 :) ?
Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vextroid
Member since 2006 • 464 Posts
If you want to spend a few extra dollars you could buy a Xbox 360 Cary Bag. It jut looks like backpack but holds a 360, cables accessories etc.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
yep I would take it with you on the plane if I were you.
DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DontTazeMeBro1
Member since 2007 • 582 Posts

carry your xbox on the plane because i seen luggage handlers in action. They throw and rollthe luggage around.

Tjeremiah1988

I was a luggage handler about 6 years ago. We are called "Throwers" for a reason. TSA (the security guys) will not damage your system, but if you check your bag (meaning have your bag stored under the aircraft) it WILL (not may or might) be busted. I cant tell you how many wine bottles and perfume bottels I have busted. Throwers are all about getting the plane loaded on time and out of the gate. There is really no way to do this in a slow and careful way. We are under so much pressure to get things loaded fast and move onto the next flight.

Not to mention, some planes have bins that are not pressurized. This means that your system could freeze or things inside could pop due to pressure changes. Keep your system on your lap and in a padded bag (put sweaters around it).

Also: If you put a sticker on something that says "fragile", we just throw it harder. Dont tell us how to do our jobs;)

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killerfist
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]

DontTazeMeBro1

I was a luggage handler about 6 years ago. We are called "Throwers" for a reason. TSA (the security guys) will not damage your system, but if you check your bag (meaning have your bag stored under the aircraft) it WILL (not may or might) be busted. I cant tell you how many wine bottles and perfume bottels I have busted. Throwers are all about getting the plane loaded on time and out of the gate. There is really no way to do this in a slow and careful way. We are under so much pressure to get things loaded fast and move onto the next flight.

Not to mention, some planes have bins that are not pressurized. This means that your system could freeze or things inside could pop due to pressure changes. Keep your system on your lap and in a padded bag (put sweaters around it).

Also: If you put a sticker on something that says "fragile", we just throw it harder. Dont tell us how to do our jobs;)

LOL

DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DontTazeMeBro1

I doubt it would damage it since it's basically a computer. People bring laptops on planes all the time and they have to pass airport security. I would definitely carry your Xbox on the plane though, I don't trust the people who load luggage. Too many stories I've heard of lost luggage.Sauce74

Careful about how you judge people. If you had an open (smart) cell in your brain you would think that lost luggage is just that....LOST. Your bag could have missed the flight and was sent off to another station (airport) to be routed to your home and someone (who doesnt work at the airport) just swiped your stuff.

I have never opened someones bag to see what was inside just for the heck of it. We are required to do so if the bag is making a strange sound or viberating. And yes, this has happened quite a few times (80% of the time its a razor, the other 20% its a .......well.......).

Next time dont judge the people who throw your bags onto a plane. They are working a hard job and all they get is crap for it.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts

I doubt it would damage it since it's basically a computer. People bring laptops on planes all the time and they have to pass airport security. I would definitely carry your Xbox on the plane though, I don't trust the people who load luggage. Too many stories I've heard of lost luggage.Sauce74

Agreed..

MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts
[QUOTE="DontTazeMeBro1"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]

killerfist

LOL

Yeah that was pretty awesome. Makes me want to be a thrower for a day just to try and break stuff.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killerfist

I have never opened someones bag to see what was inside just for the heck of it. We are required to do so if the bag is making a strange sound or viberating. And yes, this has happened quite a few times (80% of the time its a razor, the other 20% its a .......well.......).

Next time dont judge the people who throw your bags onto a plane. They are working a hard job and all they get is crap for it.

DontTazeMeBro1

lol again and yeah I understand the lost luggage thing. I guess you guys are on alot of pressure during the job you do. trying to get like 200 pieces of luggage in a plane in what 15min-20tops? thats hard.

DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DontTazeMeBro1
[QUOTE="DontTazeMeBro1"]

killerfist

lol again and yeah I understand the lost luggage thing. I guess you guys are on alot of pressure during the job you do. trying to get like 200 pieces of luggage in a plane in what 15min-20tops? thats hard.

Its about 400 (600 now that the holidays are here) pieces and its done in about 15 minutes. You really get in the zone and the job can be a lot of fun. Driving a TUG is something that everyone must try once in a lifetime. Plus, pushing out planes is a blast. I no longer work for the airlines (pay is really bad) but my wife does. She still goes down to the ramp every now and then just to get her kicks. If I could go back and do it again I would, if the pay was better.

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
i got my psp in japan and it went through an x-ray machine when i brought it back and it's fine, along w/ my portable hard drive. i would be more concerned w/ weight constrictions and stuff like that.
Skull338

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Skull338
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts
Yeah deffinatley take it on the plane mate!
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
Speaking from experience I took my 360 from the UK to Milan Italy - it's going to be fine ... oput it in your hand luggage ... oh you will be checked though as the 360 in a rucksack going through the x ray machine looks just like a bomb LOL But it was fine the other end and when i returned home. Oh and just for the record i also took a 27" HDTV in the baggage - and that was fine to!!! But i did make sure it was bubble wrapped and all sorts!
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
yeah it'll be fine, and i can tell you from experience. i've traveled with my 360 in my backpack before, and the only thing that happens is they take it out at security and all the guys smile at me.
FFXI-Blk-Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FFXI-Blk-Mage
Member since 2003 • 417 Posts
Cool, thanks everyone, figured since it is essentially a computer it wouldn't be damaged. And I'm def. going to take it on the plane with me, no one is touching me xbox but me >.>
RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
I wouldn't risk it.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killerfist

Cool, thanks everyone, figured since it is essentially a computer it wouldn't be damaged. And I'm def. going to take it on the plane with me, no one is touching me xbox but me >.>FFXI-Blk-Mage

good thinking

dont trust anyone but you when handling a $400 piece of equipment. not even your best friend/parents/relatives:P