Will Splinter Cell Conviction be the same Spy game that we always wanted?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deathballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Deathballz
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
As of right now I am hoping that Splinter Cell Conviction will be the same old spy game as ever! I mean who needs some special suped up spy gear to be as good as Sam Fischer is? Oh and what the heck will the multiplayer mode be like? If he doesn't have his gear and he is trying to fit in with the public...What type of multiplayer would that be anyway?:roll:Splinter Cell Conviction
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

I am excited for this game. However I read it is not going to be as stealthy as the others were. Because you are basically running away from your organization. So I doubt there will be a whole lot of stealth there. Which I am glad, I was not really a huge fan of Splinter Cell but this one has caught my eye for a while.

I suppose we will see and find out.

Icekxg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Icekxg
Member since 2003 • 1060 Posts

... and it kinda funny that Metal Gear is now looking a lot like the PreviousSplinter-cell with the new camera and controls.

DepressedHippie

Exactly what I was thinking. I think the new Splinter Cell game looks cool, especially if you like the Bourne movies, but there is something in the back of my mind telling me that I'm going to miss good ole gameplay like Chaos Theory. Didn't care for Double Agent, and the regular X-Box version was way more fun than the 360 one.

Jonez7112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jonez7112
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
I just hope its more stealthy than DA was
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts

Im buying it but I wish they would revert back to the old style of Chaos Theory, that was the best in the entire series.

ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ozzdog123
Member since 2003 • 1527 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the splinter cell series and honostly the worst one was the first one(and it wasn't even bad). I have high hopes for this one, lets just hope Uni can pull out another success
ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 ozzdog123
Member since 2003 • 1527 Posts
*Ubi^^^
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Yeah its kind of weird how it dosen't look like your typical Splinter-cell game seeing how they where so successful... and it kinda funny that Metal Gear is now looking a lot like the PreviousSplinter-cell with the new camera and controls.

But I give Ubisoft credit, it takes a lot of guts...(or maybe its a lot of money) To be able to throw away a proved setup and go and try something new with an already successful series.

DepressedHippie

True... this one looks a lot more like a Hitman game than a Splinter Cell game... which is fine because I love the Hitman games.

PECAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PECAX
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i just want multiplayer be like CT because in double agent wast that good
SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 SaintsRowSam
Member since 2006 • 2807 Posts
ive really hated all the splinter cells because of the stealth and stuff, i dont think well see this in conviction
jet2892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 jet2892
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
I dunno about this game yet but Ill have to wait and see more about it
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
I just hope it will be better than Double Agent. I loved Chaos Theory and DA dissapointed me.
TWOC2689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TWOC2689
Member since 2006 • 866 Posts
I can actually see this as a kind of like theBourne Identity where you are trying to clear your name but I can't see it all being action but looking at the trailer it looks a lot like they are using a sort of Assassin Creed engine the way your character moves and interacts with his surroundings. I am looking froward to it definitely but I am worried about how the story will pan out and how it will continue (if it does). all we can do is wait and see.
Nasukashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nasukashi
Member since 2005 • 134 Posts
well ive always loved the splinter cellfranchise for its stealth, its one of the few games that actually has stealth, u gotta be patient if u wanna play a game like splinter cell

and ive loved every game, even DA (though it was the worst one)... this new one is kind of a turn off cuz it looks like it will be more rushed and have little stealth, a complete 180 turn on what the splinter cell games are really about, BUT it is something new and fresh, who knows maybe we'll like it more... i know im gonna give it a try, many ppl dont even wanna play it cuz its changing the whole essence of the game, but i think we should give it a try, ubi has always given us great splinter cell games and im sure they're gonna make this one fun

although im still waiting for one thats better then the 1st splinter cell game, why is it that the original games are almost always better? lol...