Will a 360 mess up a HD TV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dysturbed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dysturbed
Member since 2004 • 609 Posts

My parents are planning on gettin one because our last tv brokeĀ and we need a hd dvd player aswell and i offerd up the idea of the 360 attachment because its cheaper...Now they said no because they heard the 360 messes up or decreases the life of plasma tvs LCD etc. etc. and thats another reason why i wouldnt be able to play games on it.Ā Now while i think there just misinformed im just wondering if anyone has had trouble with their 360 on theĀ HD tv. And proof of this not being true by link or some sort would be great so i could shove it in there face.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

say what? I think your parents were just looking for an excuse not to buy you one.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11926 Posts
There is always a disclaimer in the owner's manual that says it is possible.Ā  It has to do with how brilliant the colors that are produced from the console and the possibility of burn in.Ā  I have hooked up my video game consoles-since the Atari 2600 to all of my TVs and never had a problem.
sk8jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sk8jim
Member since 2004 • 1439 Posts
Not new models but I dont have a link.
tennisacerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 tennisacerg
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
only if you leave the xbox 360 on at the same screen for a long time; but, no, it wont hurt it while you are playing
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
I've had a Plasma for over a year now and a 360 for 9 months, it doesn't do any harm.... AT ALL. I consider my tv set to be very good and I haven't had any problems with burnt images, etc. Another important fact to know is that the image quality hasn't decreased... How do I know? A friend bought the same tv 3 weeks ago and the image is the same. Tell your parents having a console connected to the hdtv is the same thing as having a dvd player. The only problem that may occur is that the tv will be used a lot more with the 360 hooked up to it. :)
thenorminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thenorminator
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts

My parents are planning on gettin one because our last tv brokeĀ and we need a hd dvd player aswell and i offerd up the idea of the 360 attachment because its cheaper...Now they said no because they heard the 360 messes up or decreases the life of plasma tvs LCD etc. etc. and thats another reason why i wouldnt be able to play games on it.Ā Now while i think there just misinformed im just wondering if anyone has had trouble with their 360 on theĀ HD tv. And proof of this not being true by link or some sort would be great so i could shove it in there face.

dysturbed

HA HA HA!! my mom did that to me when i was a kid back in the atri,sega,NES,SNES days. No my gamer friend the xbox360/PS3 will not hurt any HDTV. the HDTV and the game console are made for each other. just set the bulb settings to "low lamp" that will help.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Just if you get a plasma TV, and don't prevent it from being burned in properly...
usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 usagi704
Member since 2003 • 2058 Posts
Your parents are clearly paranoid and have no reason to be.
BadAndy642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BadAndy642
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

CRT, LCD, DLP Projection, and LCD Projection cannot have screen burn.

CRT Projection and Plasma can have screen burn (of course it is only from static images over long periods of time.Ā  I have a CRT Projection TV and I play my 360 on it a good bit with no problems)

BadAndy642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BadAndy642
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

Plasma: link

LCD: link

DLP/LCOS/LCD RPTV: link

There is your proof to show them.

CaUs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CaUs3
Member since 2006 • 2903 Posts

only if you leave the xbox 360 on at the same screen for a long time; but, no, it wont hurt it while you are playingtennisacerg

Yea

dysturbed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dysturbed
Member since 2004 • 609 Posts

say what? I think your parents were just looking for an excuse not to buy you one.

capthavic

there not buying me one its for the living room. i cant drop that kinda of money myself i have a cra and it goes into that. We dont have cable so its not like they would be using it that much. So Lcd tvs wont be hurt by the 360 and wont have burn in?

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts

dysturbed
the only way a 360 will mess up a tv is if you get mad and throw the controler thru the screen.Ā  well maybe you could throw the power brick too.Ā  but still the video signal wont hurt the picture.Ā  the 360 has built in features you can turn on that will dim the picture or even turn the console off after a period of inactivity.Ā  and most tvs have built in protections as well.
ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChevelleFan
Member since 2004 • 1783 Posts
[QUOTE="capthavic"]

dysturbed

there not buying me one its for the living room. i cant drop that kinda of money myself i have a cra and it goes into that. We dont have cable so its not like they would be using it that much. So Lcd tvs wont be hurt by the 360 and wont have burn in?

No console will hurt or damage any HDTV and that even goes for plasma.Ā  They probably are thinking about the older projection standard definition TVs which could be harmed by a console, but with technology on newer plasma TVs the risk of burn-in is decreased so much that it is almost non-existent. The 360 was made to play on HDTVs like plasmas, LCDs, and DLPs so it will not harm them or decrease their picture quality.Ā  Look at the Best Buy links and show them to your parents.Ā 

kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts

If you leave anything on a Plasma it will burn it in. Buy an LCD tv, it just doesn't happen to them. Plus, I find the colors more brilliant anyways.

EDIT: The 360 isn't the cheapest HD-DVD player. You can get a HD-A2 for $299.99 at www.valueelectronics.com.Ā  It comes with a free HDMI cable too.