Will 2K Sports EVER make another football game again???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boomer3221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 boomer3221
Member since 2003 • 185 Posts

NFL 2K5 to me was the best football game ever made! The game just felt so real. I felt like I was on the football field!!! Also a big plus about it was the online play. There was no lag, it was pratcally flawless. How can a game that was made 5 years ago have better online connectivity than madden does right now. Madden games are crap. They always seem to have some big idea for their upcoming season but they never live up to expectations.... My point of this thread is really to know, WILL THERE EVER BE ANOTHER 2K FOOTBALL GAME??

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

They don't have the NFL license so no. But 2K Sports did make All Pro Football a year or two ago and it didn't sell well so I wouldn't expect much more from them unless they can get the license back, which will never happen.

boomer3221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 boomer3221
Why can't they ever get the license back??
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PlasmaBeam44

Why can't they ever get the license back??boomer3221

Because EA has it and they make NCAA and Madden every single year and it makes them truckloads of money There's no way in hell that they'll ever give that up.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

No, never again and that doesnt bother me because i prefer EA over 2K

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
EA does alot of things right when it comes to sports, except for basketball.
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
EA does alot of things right when it comes to sports, except for basketball. Doomtime
^^Truth. I prefer EA for football and 2K for Basketball
scfan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 scfan3
Member since 2004 • 3325 Posts

Colin1192
Not asking this out of anger or anything, but have you played NFL 2K5?
boomer3221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 boomer3221
Have any of you that say EA is better played any 2K football games.... The game blows madden away
PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

EA bought it out a long time ago when 2K made a football game that out sold madden back in the xbox days. The game was only 20 dollars new and it was better than the current madden. So the next year EA bought it out and now no one else can compete in that market. Unless you want a blitz game.

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Yeah I played 2k5 religiously, but I've accepted it's not coming back.
eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eagles_band
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts

I thought NFL 2k was better in everything except for the passing.

The_Unknown_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Unknown_B
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

I hope im not late but jus for my devotion to a real football game I got all pro football and its not all to bad. Jus a few points below 2k5 but it way better then madden. Madden makes me sick how cartoony and unbalanced the gameplay is. They claim to make a sim football game yet they haven't done it in over five years. One the mechanics of the throwing motion is attrocis, no NFL QB throws like, and its been 20 years and we still haven't seen a clean pocket from this game. Another thing 2k did right was d-line schemes, u could make ur line gap right or left for predictable runners. Even now I guess the dedicated and true gridiron fans of football play All pro. Until madden gets it right that dispicable game has no right to be in my xbox or PS3...fyi there is too many gimme plays in madden and uneven aspect (lets use the zag pattern to the running back all day, lets use the unstoppable drag route) F*** U EA, the only sport you ever done right is boxing (somewhat)

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

EA bought the rights to use the NFL but who knows what will happen after the contract is over. How come every madden has glitches in it?

boomer3221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 boomer3221
I have a question its it only 2k that cant make football games anymore or is it every company. Because I tell you what I would rather Michrosoft to make another football game. Anyone remeber that football game that Michrosoft made with Manning on the cover I think it was called NFL Fever. That game was better than Madden!!
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PlasmaBeam44

I have a question its it only 2k that cant make football games anymore or is it every company. Because I tell you what I would rather Michrosoft to make another football game. Anyone remeber that football game that Michrosoft made with Manning on the cover I think it was called NFL Fever. That game was better than Madden!!boomer3221

It's every company. EA has the liscense. It's the same as Ubisoft having the Ninja Turtles license. Only they can make those games until the license runs out and someone else buys it.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

[QUOTE="Colin1192"]

scfan3

Not asking this out of anger or anything, but have you played NFL 2K5?

Yes I have and i prefered Madden over it. When I play a sports game made by 2K and then I play a game by EA i always seem to prefer EA

The_Unknown_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Unknown_B
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

ea sports game aren't great, they are supar in football, and only good in boxing. so u prefer nba live over nba 2k?

Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

[QUOTE="boomer3221"]Why can't they ever get the license back??PlasmaBeam44

Because EA has it and they make NCAA and Madden every single year and it makes them truckloads of money There's no way in hell that they'll ever give that up.

No, it is because EA bought the exclusivity so they can be the only football game developers around. Greedy game developer.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Colin1192

So do I.

ikmoxstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ikmoxstar
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
the thing i loved about 2k5 was the pre-game, half time show, post game show, weekly analytics and the commentary was very realist with the in game stats on where the qb threw the most etc. Madden 10 had a half time show but it was very unrealistic the guy and the girl were very stiff when they moved and said very generic stuff like " The half back ran for over 75 yards" In 2k5 Cris Berman got one and told you how the game was going the hot player of the half all kinds of stats with real numbers. MAdden 11 they removed it. Madden has no pre game show. They just compare QBs. In 2k5 you had Cris Berman come on and tell you everything he thought, very interesting i always watched. Then when they got to the game they comapred a key match up. The in game commentary rarely repeats itself in 2k5 Madden i hear the same stuff every game and some lines twice a game. Plus the crew isnt even in real life gus johnson and cris colthinworth (misspelled) 2K5 showed how the QB was doing running back stats Post Game with Cris Berman was great end of game stats made the game feel very realistic as if i were watching it Madden 10 had a bad one similar to the half time show they had but took it out in MADden 11. Because they are to lazy to prefect it. Weekly report in Madden is very basic similar to the half time show in MADDEN TEN but they made no changes to it in Madden 11 except for adding ads. 2k5 ran smooth with Cris Berman and it felt like you were watching espn It ran smooth and didnt repeat it self like madden. Cris Berman had jokes sometimes it was very smooth. Cris Berman is the prefect guy for a pre ,half ,post, weekly show He is very entertaining and it felt right This was 6 years ago when they made it We the community have been requesting it every year since Madden signed it contract Madden should partner with espn to make a good game or let 2k come out with one when there contract is up
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
It'd be cool if they did but I highly doubt it. I've never played NFL 2K5 but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
voodo3184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 voodo3184
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
the sad thing is madden puts out the same game every year with little to no innovation and people still buy a sub par product. this year was by far the worst year for madden football with tons of sound glitches and the infamous "pop" just goes to show how little testing they do before they spit out another game. 2K was by far a better football game in my opinion and the competition of 2k forced ea to actually put out an acceptable product. The NFL contract expires in the next year or two i think and i personally think there should NOT be an exclusivity agreement because it ruins the product by developers getting lazy as we have clearly seen with the tiburon team.
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

[QUOTE="boomer3221"]Why can't they ever get the license back??PlasmaBeam44

Isnt that a monopoly? Thats illegal... But its the NFL and EA so im not suprized

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I wish the whole exclusive thing never happened. I loved 2k5.