Why you bought Xbox One over PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Why you bought Xbox One over PS4? (26 votes)

Kinect and Kinect games 12%
Halo, Gears of War and Forza 58%
Because of Xbox Live account, points, stats 31%

So would you bought Xbox One if it had no Kinect? Did it make you buy this or not? Or main reason was Halo, Gears and Forza?

What was the main reason? Kinect, voice command, Kinect games? Halo, Gears and Forza? or just Xbox Live account keep, points and stats and did not want to start over with PS4.

What was main reason you bought Xbox One over PS4?

• 
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I bought one because I wanted both systems, I also have a PS4. Last gen I also had both systems and it was awesome, I never missed out on an exclusive. I feel sorry for the fanboys who only limit themselves to one console.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I purchased a X1 first because it had more games that I wanted to play, I like the system better, and the controller is way better IMO. I also own a PS4 but it's collecting dust right now, waiting for some really good games to play!

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

I bought a X1 first because I wanted to play Halo , Gears , and Titanfall so I bought it before hand . I also don't want to give up all my friends and Score and Games I spent the last 8 years getting .

Ps I love Sony too and Nintendo ! :)))

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#4 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I kind of enjoyed more the Xbox one excluisves over the ones on the Play station

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

@rrjim1:

@rrjim1 said:

I purchased a X1 first because it had more games that I wanted to play, I like the system better, and the controller is way better IMO. I also own a PS4 but it's collecting dust right now, waiting for some really good games to play!

Me too except I think the P4 controller is now almost as nice as the X1's.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

I bought one because I wanted both systems, I also have a PS4. Last gen I also had both systems and it was awesome, I never missed out on an exclusive. I feel sorry for the fanboys who only limit themselves to one console.

Even though I don't have an XB1 "YET" this is pretty much what I would have said, and I can also say that GEARS and Alan Wake are my favorite xbox exclusives.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

I voted but to be more precise- Controller, I like Xbox Live more(Achievements, Party system, friends), and I also prefer the outlook for exclusive games.

pjbasta76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 pjbasta76
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I like the controller way better. Also after seeing both at Best Buy, I like the one's UI alot more than the PS4. PS4's UI looks most like a dvd menu, just does not seem modern or interactive enough.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

Actually none of the options listed. I got the Xbox One because it IS what they say that it is. All in One entertainment gaming system. The Key word is OPTIONS!!! The things that I normally do I can do and keep it in the gaming world. Can I just hit my input and watch TV? Yes. But I like the OPTION to watch television on my Console where I can tell it to go to the channel that I would like to watch, OR I have the option to tell it to snap TV and watch Television while I'm in a game lobby or menu screen. I have the OPTION to do the same thing with Buttons if I don't want to tell it. I like that I can watch Netflix, TV, Twitch and still get a notification. It's cool to me when i'm watching Sports Center and then a Notification pops up....or If I'm downloading a game and the Notification pops up while I'm watching TV.

It's in my Living Room, not a bed room--so it's like a entertainment Hub and THAT give me value. I just don't see the point in someone saying I like PS4 because I just like Gaming. I understand that, but that's like someone saying I have a flip phone because I only want to make calls. Why not just get the game with More OPTIONS. Folks who own the PS4 don't have the Option to make Kinect like voice commands that have depth. They don't have the Option to watch tv on their console...Options is why I got the Xbox One.

Plus I love how the the Xbox One and 360 feel so connected. With the 360 you felt closer as a gaming community..Now I'm reading that they are adding the Features that helped the 360 accomplish that onto the Xbox One....I'm good with that.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KingJuggaNott

...and like someone else stated, I plan on getting a PS4. I like the exclusives that Sony has...but it will be just like last Gen. Only thing I see a PS4 good for is exclusives. They say the hardware looks better, but from what I've seen it's not like comparing a Bentley to a Buggy.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

Game preference and I realized I don't like Playstation once I got an Xbox (Original), then I got a 360 and just have no desire to play Playstation games. I thought I was just being irrational but when I bought a PS3 and never bought a game I knew I was done. I don't have a ton of time for games these days anyway, one console is more than enough.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#12 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Choice #2 is the closest reason for me, but not exactly the reason.

I had a great experience with my XBox 360, and there was nothing on the PS4 that interested me. So, XBone it was. I love it.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

I bought them both for great games.... Well one for great games in the future, but nothing right now. They are both great systems in their own way and I also have always owned both. To the point above about the UI i agree. PS4 is not something you can taylor to your taste, you cant pin things and have them in easy access its just pretty plain. PS4 trolls rave about it but I just dont see it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I bought the Xbox One because of the exclusives and I love the xbox controller too.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Like I said before every gen we buy systems that do the same thing just with enhanced graphics, so I bought an xbox first because I felt like it had more to offer right now. Functionality plus games equals win, I may get a PS4 but my PC needs upgrading, still rockin A8 with 6670. Stop laughing.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Something different, different experience with exclusives I have not played (first time xbox owner), UI with Kinect looked futuristic (and is) and very smooth, and to top it off Cows on this forum made me not want to game online ever with a Sony product.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

My roommate got it because the PS4 was sold out at the time. I nearly smacked him. >_>

commandokock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 commandokock
Member since 2009 • 502 Posts

i might get one eventually. im expecting most multiplats will perform better on ps4 but not all of em and i like forza better than gran turismo

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

A lot of People are Forgetting some of the new IPs X1 has coming one that has me in awe is Quantum Break I really wanna see how remedy executes this game with a TV show following . I Loved Alan Wake Last gen and would love a Alan Wake 2 :) Microsoft has Announced 8 new IPs and yeah out of that 8, 3 or so are gonna be Kinect but the rest are gonna be new titles Microsoft would not invest Billions into development for all Kinect based games . So im excited to see what new horizons are dawning.

WaxCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WaxCriminal

1. I think Xbox Live is a better service which makes you meet new gaming friends. This includes all APPS, party chat and so on.

2. The UI it is A LOT better looking than on PS4 and you can do a lot more stuff on xbox one than on ps4 which is very limited to gaming.

3. The exclusive titles.

4. Kinect, with the voice commands, its like a second skin right now and i use it a lot when switching between apps.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Of that list the middle one would be my best answer, but my real answer was not on your list. The primary reason I went with the Xbox One is because I really liked the Xbox 360. I have a lot of great memories with that console, I played online a lot and met a lot of people on XBL. I also played a lot of old remakes on XBL Arcade. I loved replaying old school favorites remade in HD, games like Castlevania SOTN, Final Fight, TMNT 1989...playing those online were great.

And so it was only natural I would get an Xbox One, it was just an improved 360. Of course I really like all those exclusives too. But mostly, I chose it over PS4 for the same reason I chose the 360 over the PS3, which is a better online experience. And, even now, early in the new generation, the Xbox One maintains this quality: its first high-profile release is a multiplayer only title, running on dedicated servers, while the PS4's is a single player only game.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@kingjugganott said:

...and like someone else stated, I plan on getting a PS4. I like the exclusives that Sony has...but it will be just like last Gen. Only thing I see a PS4 good for is exclusives. They say the hardware looks better, but from what I've seen it's not like comparing a Bentley to a Buggy.

there is an absolutely massive difference gaming in 1080p 60fps compared to 792/900p 30fps.... and so far there isnt a single game that can touch the graphics of killzone or infamous on the XB1.

that being said, dead rising 3 is fun. forza is fun. ryse is.....

i like my XB1, but having both, you can easily tell which provides the better -gaming- experience.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KingJuggaNott

@cyloninside said:

@kingjugganott said:

there is an absolutely massive difference gaming in 1080p 60fps compared to 792/900p 30fps.... and so far there isnt a single game that can touch the graphics of killzone or infamous on the XB1.

that being said, dead rising 3 is fun. forza is fun. ryse is.....

i like my XB1, but having both, you can easily tell which provides the better -gaming- experience.

I'll take your word for it, I like graphics--but graphics are just one part of a game to me..I think that Ryse looked outstanding, Forza did as well. For the Multiplatform games I'm just not sold that the Graphics are so far superior that I'm compelled to label my Xbox One "Trash". If you have the OPTION to get it on the PS4 because you have one and that difference is enough to make you buy the multiplatform game on the PS4, I'm cool with that. Again, that's just a portion of the game--and I don't feel like he cheese has fallen off the craker with the Xbox One Graphics. So I say all of that to say, I don't agree with "Better Gaming Experience".....for ME. PS4 doesn't even have an exclusive that I would like to play....yet. When they do, THEN I would get one. As for now, I've been enjoying what the GAMING EXPERIENCE on the Xbox is. For me it's not even a debate, but opinions are just that...opinions.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KingJuggaNott

I'm not gonna say that it's not a guy somewhere that played Ryse and ran to the box to see what the frame rate and how many pixels it ran at. I'm sure there is, I'm just not that guy. I looked at the game..the same way I looked at the rest of the Multiplatform and Exclusives on Xbox One...I said "Damn, that looks good"....period.

GustavoDALBEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GustavoDALBEN
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Sorry about my english, still learning.

None of the above, i like the exclusives better, look at the ps4 exclusives so far... they are horrible, they are praising Infamous, thats an ok series, everyone that played infamous knows what im talking about. Even ps4 " best launch ( near ) game" ( driveclub ) dont have a date to be released. hehe, can you imagine if that happened with forza ?

The xbox one is a very good console, i love it :). Ill have a ps4 after they release some games, i wont buy a console to play resogun.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I bought Xbox One because of the launch titles and that awesome controller. I wanted both systems because it's my belief that these may be the last consoles. Great buy but disappointed with the release of Titanfall being only multiplayer. Other than that it's a good system but as far as exclusives it's not looking too promising.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#28 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

I don't choose it over PS4 . I like both

But right now I find Xbox one a better deal for these Reasons

1. Exclusives : Halo , Quantum Break , Titanfall , Sunset overdrive , Fable , Gears of war and ....

2. Xbox Live

3. My friends

4. Kinect is better than PS Eye

5. The Price is really good . you can now get Xbox one + Titanfall + Kinect all for 450$ at Wal mart :)

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I bought them both but the ps4 first.

TuffMuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TuffMuff

I haven't got either, and I want both of them. I'm just waiting a bit longer for them to drop in price because I'm tight. :D

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

i bought ps3 first last gen. i paid 500 bucks the day it dropped to 499. i knew the 360 had better games at the time but i heard rumors of the RROD and i thought the ps3 had more value . so i bought it first. i kept watching the 360 get more games while sony was making games like dragon quest and god of war for ps2. leaving me with sub par games almost 2 years. i decided i wasnt going to do that this time and bought a xbox one because it has better games that i want to play and the titanfall bundle made it a good value. probably only 30 bucks more then what i woulda paid for a ps4 and a game.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Xbox exclusives appeal to me alot more, left 4 dead, fable etc. I'm glad I did, with RE7 rumour as a microsoft exclusive..

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

I didn't. I bought PS4 over XB1.

But I couldn't resist the $450 Titanfall bundle and ordered it last night. I used Amazon credits and Discover Cashback and after selling Titanfall I'll basically get the system for $300 including the $30 tax I had to pay. Not including the credits I used but that's whatever to me.

I really had no use for XBOX One since I already have PS4, but with the credit I had to use, I decided to jump on it. I don't really think the prices will get much better. New retail price may be $450 but won't include Titanfall.

The only reason I bought it is very oddly the Kinect. I was considering buying the PS4 camera and calling it a day but I feel like the Kinect is likely better and will make more effort to put out games for it. Odd that the Kinect being bundled in was originally a reason for me not to buy.but now I'm buying it to only use that feature. I don't want to get locked into an XBL subscription so if I only play Kinect then I won't have to either. We'll see what happens.

No chance in hell would I have paid full retail or even $450 but with the credits I had, I can get it close to $300 after selling Titanfall so I bit. If it was only $350 after selling Titanfall then I may have passed but just coudn't at this point.

If somehow I prefer the XB1 to the PS4 which I don't think I will then I can switch over but I really only plan on using XB1 for Kinect games. Kinect Sports Rivals looks cool. I just really better not see a new console released in a month all new and improved.

Still really on the fence about whether I should keep the order or not.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

Another thing, what are people talking about with Gears of War? As far as I can tel the game will be at least a year and a half away. I wish there was a Gears of War game coming out, I'd feel a lot better.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@Sonny360Elite: Gears of war will be worth the wait, especially since it's not a spin off