why is people getting upset about gta 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deron2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deron2
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts

The game looks fantastic and rockstar never release loads of info about there games straight away...

What i would like to no is what console the game is running on because rockstar have said its running in 720p on one of the consoles, which console do you guys reckon that awsome footage is running on?

oh and another thing there will be motorbikes in this game wont there? i hope so or ill be gutterd..

The reason i ask is because i didnt see any on the footage...

omrikk87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 omrikk87
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
the game looks decent , im upset cuz from what im seeing, it will be another gta , with better graphics , we want new stuff , more innovative missions , bigger storyline....
b4ng14d3sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 b4ng14d3sh
Member since 2004 • 270 Posts
It was only a teaser, patience young patawan, I'm sure R* will deliver. And as far as wanting more innovative missions and a bigger story line, dude, come on, how someone can assume this much from a simple teaser is beyond me, wait until there's more info about said aspects before you draw conclusions
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#4 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
the game looks decent , im upset cuz from what im seeing, it will be another gta , with better graphics , we want new stuff , more innovative missions , bigger storyline....omrikk87
I agree. GTA needs to change. Gamespot has been friggen generous with their ratings. The last two GTA ratings don't really deserve 9.6. GTA III was great and new. Vice City was the same game, different setting with a few new non essential things, same goes with San Andreas.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
no gameplay footage that's why.
FEARowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 FEARowns
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts
rephrase your topic title to this....Why ARE people getting upset about gta 4?
scarface_uk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 scarface_uk_
Member since 2005 • 441 Posts
if IV was just san andreas with better grafix i wud b happy
jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#8 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
Just hang tight and wait and see what will happen.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
rephrase your topic title to this....Why ARE people getting upset about gta 4?FEARowns
you is correct :P
PSYCO109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 PSYCO109
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
I think it looks great, i have not problems with what it looks like at all.
greenpepper18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 greenpepper18
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts
how can u guys say that it will be the same thing as the old ones.... i mean all u saw in the trailer wer landscape pictures it didnt say anything bout the gameplay...i mean for all we kno it will be completly diffrent wiht tons of new features
Avatar image for ViscaBarcaInter
ViscaBarcaInter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ViscaBarcaInter
Member since 2007 • 382 Posts

I personally don't understand any negative feelings at all. I do admit to being biased towards my favourite game franchise, but Rockstar are feeding small morsels of information as the release gets closer just like they have before. This trailer to me was simply about giving people a feel for at least one location in the game and showing that the graphics, the one major complaint, were indeed going to be vastly improved. There was precious little indication of story or gameplay, which will come later so they can't be judged now.

But I don't see what can really be different. The sandbox shooter system is perfect for this type of game. What else can they do? So far, there HAS been an increase in weapons and vehicles, expanding of the characters, larger variety of missions, etc, across the 3 main games. The storylines and characters, the freeroaming gameplay and the atmosphere of the games is what hooked me, and I assume a large amount of the other fans. Personally, I hope they DON'T change too much, lest they lose what makes these games so good in the first place.

Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts
I am upset because it is in Liberty City again and I wanted them to have it in Europe
Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
My biggest complaint is that they already made one game in liberty city, they should really find a new locale this time.
Avatar image for Light_Destroyer
Light_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Light_Destroyer
Member since 2004 • 2013 Posts
it's most likely running 720p on the Wii J/k but seriously, I think the way they had the guy describe his life describes a deeper storyline, but it most likely will be the same since they won't use the potential. The story will probably go like this: -The guy shows up after he messes up in his last place -He tries to hide, so some local flavor help him by hiding him but using him to do their deeds. -He moves from person to person as they find no use for him. -After a while, people from his past show up. -He finds some more hiding -He eventually ends up working for a guy that seems like the perfect disguise for his life -The guy reveals that he actually works for the Russian's bosses from wherever he came from -A battle ensues as the main character is introduced to the fact that it is not different because his past was already here -Big fight. -The game ends.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Give it to the sticky. This will end up getting locked.
newfg311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 newfg311
Member since 2003 • 816 Posts
All the GTA games are the same so who cares?  Its fun for about 30 minutes and then its one continuous boring game.  Most overrated game series ever made!
420_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 420_Forever
Member since 2005 • 580 Posts
All the GTA games are the same so who cares? Its fun for about 30 minutes and then its one continuous boring game. Most overrated game series ever made!newfg311
Are you from Newfoundland?
Avatar image for Goldeneyemaster
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Goldeneyemaster
Member since 2003 • 6906 Posts
how can u guys say that it will be the same thing as the old ones.... i mean all u saw in the trailer wer landscape pictures it didnt say anything bout the gameplay...i mean for all we kno it will be completly diffrent wiht tons of new featuresgreenpepper18
I agree, I don't see how people are making assumptions about the storyline and gameplay already.
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
The trailer gave me the immpression that this game would be more "business" like and less "Blow you ass ******"....which I appreciate.