why is halo 3 more frustrating than any other game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
i cant really explain it. does anyone else agree with me? halo 3 is just more frustrating than any other online game ive played. ill be the first to admit that im not exactly spectacular, but im pretty sure i dont suck. (major grade 1, about 260 xp) maybe its the weapon balance, maybe its the ranking system, but whenever i die, i feel like the rest of my life is just gonna fall apart. conversely, whenever i win or get top in my team when we win, i feel like im the president of mars or something.
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts
calm down and have a beer
joeishawt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 joeishawt
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts

calm down and have a beerRyder004

you said it right there bro.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts

[QUOTE="Ryder004"]calm down and have a beerjoeishawt

What if hes not old enough to have a beer :(

tomoward41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 tomoward41
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

Yeah stop playing this game and play something else like Mass Effect, Gears of War (Highly Recommended) and Call of Duty 4. Yes, I know Halo 3 frustrates me so much that one time I just scramed out so loud saying "fu** i hate this game so much!" because from my experience in Slayer I was shooting at a guy and a guy almost dead, and the other guy comes out of nowhere melees a guy that I was shooting at! So other guy steals my kill and I get no points or kill for that. It's so dumb. In Call of Duty and Gears if someone steals your kill you at least get points for it. Stealing kills just ruined this game.

I just don't like Halo 3 that much anymore, I'm not bad, Im not good either. But this game just pisses me off, Meleeing is way overpowered in this game. It's like 30% shooting 50%Meleing. This game also doesn't require any skill, you melee shoot meele shoot and throw a grenade jump 10 ft in the air. This game gets really repetitive after playing for a while. But I'll say some positive things about Halo, it's a fun multiplayer playing with friends, Swords matches are fun, and this game still deserves a buy.

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
ya i will usually play halo 3 for about a week at a time, then play somthing els for another week, and then go back to halo 3. it keeps things fresh in my mind and tones down on the frustration caused by online games. but personally i find unreal games to be the most frustrating, it's to bouncy and ppl just slide along the floor and 100km per hr.
lilpoop215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lilpoop215
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts

because people are out to see who can get the most kills and nobody plays as a team in team battle. It's just run and see who has better aim/gets beat downs. Or sit and hide and make someone angry but make yourself only granted you only get a few kills camping somewhere.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
It frustrates me more than any other game ever. Thats why i've moved to get the achievements in campaign mode now...before i break something. :lol:
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xeros606

Yeah stop playing this game and play something else like Mass Effect, Gears of War (Highly Recommended) and Call of Duty 4. Yes, I know Halo 3 frustrates me so much that one time I just scramed out so loud saying "fu** i hate this game so much!" because from my experience in Slayer I was shooting at a guy and a guy almost dead, and the other guy comes out of nowhere melees a guy that I was shooting at! So other guy steals my kill and I get no points or kill for that. It's so dumb. In Call of Duty and Gears if someone steals your kill you at least get points for it. Stealing kills just ruined this game.

I just don't like Halo 3 that much anymore, I'm not bad, Im not good either. But this game just pisses me off, Meleeing is way overpowered in this game. It's like 30% shooting 50%Meleing. This game also doesn't require any skill, you melee shoot meele shoot and throw a grenade jump 10 ft in the air. This game gets really repetitive after playing for a while. But I'll say some positive things about Halo, it's a fun multiplayer playing with friends, Swords matches are fun, and this game still deserves a buy.

tomoward41

yeah, i hate that too! also i hate it when people camp at those shield doors (epitaph and snowbound ar full of them) with sword/shotgun. in the week that i had cod4, i encountered almost 0 bs deaths and when i died it was completely my fault. i guess halo 3 was just made to appeal to the "hardcoar" halo gamers; you know the ones that have been playing multi nearly every day since halo 1 was released and have lost many hours of sleep to halo.

joeishawt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 joeishawt
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts
[QUOTE="joeishawt"]

[QUOTE="Ryder004"]calm down and have a beerMrLions

if you're old enough to have a mouth, you're old enough to drink

TheRevanent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 TheRevanent
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
[QUOTE="joeishawt"]

Have one anyway, and dude you dont need to take the game so seriously.

juan_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 juan_789
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
sick help seriusly!
Toastman923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Toastman923
Member since 2003 • 385 Posts
I actually find CoD4 online to be more frusturating. The killcam seems to contradict everything that i saw on my screen before, and other times bullets dont even hit
damned_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#15 damned_beast
Member since 2005 • 4393 Posts
All online games are frustrating haha. Try playing a single player game for awhile like Mass Effect and go back to Halo. Or try playing CoD 4 online
JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 JakeTD21
Member since 2007 • 1631 Posts
Stop playing team slayer. Trust me capture the flag is so much more fun.
MaD_MoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MaD_MoL
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Dont forget to smoke a Spliff! :idea:
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
[QUOTE="joeishawt"]

Have someone buy a 30 pack for you haha

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

Dont forget to smoke a Spliff! :idea:
MaD_MoL

yes this is key in enjoying any online game.

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts

I agree with you that Halo 3 is one of the more frustrating games out. I have been frustrated at times in Halo 3 as well. It almost feels as if Halo 3 went from FPS (First Person Shooter) to FPGC (First Person Grenade Chucker). In some maps, it's just a constant bombardment of grenades that'll rack up deaths. You figure sooner or later, if you throw enough grenades, you'll get someone. Nothing can be more frustrating than having your killing spree ended by a Death from the grave. Or maybe it's because it's the B button that's the key to Halo 3, not the RT button. Or maybe you wonder how that guy you shot with the shotgun 3 or 4 times at close range finishes you off with a melee.

Halo 3 gets frustrating at times. I'm sure we're not the only ones that get frustrated over this game either. Best thing to do is to move on to something else like Mass Effect or another great game.

leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts
yeah it is pretty fustrating at times, that why i got cod4, i like to alternate between the games
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Well, Halo has always been really frustrating for me online. Call of Duty 4, not so much...sure, I'll occasionally get a little mad when someone is camping or killing me with one of the overpowered weapons (M16,RPD,etc) but for the most part, I never get as pissed at COD4 as I do with Halo.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
This might sound crazy but Halo 3 is frustrating because people played Halo and Halo 2 for years. Its very popular, Its very competitive.

COD 4s competition is pretty easy compared to Halo 3s competition for now. But give it a couple months it will be tough as well. Then give it a couple of years and CODs competition on xbox live will be tough as well.

THen everybody will jump over to the next easy competitive shooter.
Memoryitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 Memoryitis
Member since 2006 • 2221 Posts

i cant really explain it. does anyone else agree with me? halo 3 is just more frustrating than any other online game ive played. ill be the first to admit that im not exactly spectacular, but im pretty sure i dont suck. (major grade 1, about 260 xp) maybe its the weapon balance, maybe its the ranking system, but whenever i die, i feel like the rest of my life is just gonna fall apart. conversely, whenever i win or get top in my team when we win, i feel like im the president of mars or something. Xeros606

Yes I have that same feeling, YOU are playing too much Halo 3 dude, take like a week off from it and you will be fine

nick0091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 nick0091
Member since 2004 • 640 Posts

I get fraustrated in any first person shooter becuase 50% of the time I have a bad connection. Example I was playing COD4 today someone was camping in a corner I stuck up beside them shot them 4 times with automatic shout gun, ran around the corner while reloading shot them 3 more times then they killed me once in the head with a sub machine gun.... It is fraustrating because there is nothing I can do. If I am dieing from playing bad it's one thing but when it's connection issues, that's when its fraustrating. Of course this applies for halo as well , I stick them start running then like 2 seconds later it shows the gernade never even hit them, and I am just like ahhh F, becuase by then I have no chance :P.

I think what I need to start doing is stop using wireless and directly connect to see if that improves my situation, I personally think it's my new ISP as I just moved in the area. Best part is , when I have a friend that would come offer would play awsome at his house then basically wouldn't believe me that I said I was shooting people in the head and such, would come play on my system and be swearing and losing within minutes :). don't get me wrong sometimes I get mad even when my connection is ok. Usally when my connection is ok I am an average - good player.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

i cant really explain it. does anyone else agree with me? halo 3 is just more frustrating than any other online game ive played. ill be the first to admit that im not exactly spectacular, but im pretty sure i dont suck. (major grade 1, about 260 xp) maybe its the weapon balance, maybe its the ranking system, but whenever i die, i feel like the rest of my life is just gonna fall apart. conversely, whenever i win or get top in my team when we win, i feel like im the president of mars or something. Xeros606

i agree with you dude...and that's why i sold it....didn't have fun at all with it

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
Nah, Gears is, seeing as how damn inconsistent it can be at times (when someone tags you and you're literally touching them and they don't die, etc.)
fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts
Because it seems like you should always kill the person who killed you. When you go through 80 bullets and the opponent doeesnt die, it pisses me off when he kills me and i attacked first. I dont care if they have armor. Thats why ive been playing CoD4
fdsfgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 fdsfgs
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

tomoward41

thats only 80 percent
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xeros606
[QUOTE="tomoward41"]

fdsfgs

thats only 80 percent

the other 20 is bunnyhopping. ;)

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
[QUOTE="joeishawt"]

Then have a soda :D

tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts

Thats callled...addiction, if you care that much about a game, rethink your outlook on life. Take a break, some games can sneak up on you. And don't go binge drinking, just sit down and have a beer.

Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

Yeah, beer will help. Lets make him an alcoholic, open up a new can of worms.

Anyway dude, my advice, play something else. Like something single player, just for a bit. Then when you go back to multiplayer Halo or whatever, you'll be refreshed.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
it can get annoying on the repatitive parts
TDT912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TDT912
Member since 2005 • 853 Posts
It's always nice to have games that don't frustrate you to balcne out the ones that do. Elder Scrolls 4, Crackdown, and Beautiful Katamari are a few examples. That way when you are getting really mad, you can unwind with a purely fun game.
prinzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 prinzo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

thats the only way to play any game