Why is Halo 3 good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Runerey619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Runerey619
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts
For my case. I played halo3 at my friends house and it killed the urge in me to get a xbox 360.it just feels like playing halo and halo2 again with the same guns and stuff.
Chuman231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Chuman231
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts
i personally thinkt eh graphicsa re a lot better especially if u play with high-def. also there are lots of new maps and weapons that change the gameplay wuite a bit. Also the campaign is fun adn the new vehicles are fun to paly with. IUn addition the matchmaking and online gameplay is the best of any game i haev ever played on 360.
MikeJones133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MikeJones133
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts
nice points there chuman :)
SingtheSorrow1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SingtheSorrow1
Member since 2003 • 297 Posts

Why is Halo 3 so great?
Because it's helping to save the world, that's why!
Of overpopulation, that is!

Did you know that as soon as you log onto Live with Halo 3 in your 360, Bungie then closely monitors your performance, and for every player you destroy in a match, they shoot an Orphan who has been abandoned for more than 14 days at the Orphanage (14 days is the legal limit, otherwise it's referred to as "squatting")?

Haha, just kidding.

Seriously, though? It's actually a pretty good (albeit pretty straightforward) shooter. Live offers you the chance to play with some very cool people, and you will have a great time. There's actually some very, very good gameplay going on in Halo, and though I initially planned to not buy it, trying it online convinced me otherwise. If you don't really like the whole Sci-Fi thing, just go for Call of Duty 4.

IAmLegend7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IAmLegend7
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

The game is definitely good... first you have the single player campaign, I started it in Heroic for my first time (which is ideal) and it took me almost 10 hours to beat. Although not long, it wasn't as short as let's say, Gears of War. Second, the replayability of the single player portion... you have skulls to unlock and there are also the meta-game achievements which would be best playing with a buddy online via 4-way co-op. I have yet to finish doing that and can't wait to get it started because it will be on Legendary and I'll be playing with a very good friend of mine.

There is also the Forge option. Boy was that fun.... I played a game of zombies just in a boxed-in area on the beach in Zanzibar (called something different, but alas, a classic map will always be called by it's classic name) and that was a TON of fun because you start out on top of these pillars and if you fall you can't get back up and you can also tilt them to make the fall down.

Overall, this game deserves a play at least twice through. I hope this helps.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
you will find plenty to do. if you can find friends you can go through the halo 3 campaign together.
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
Bottom line it's not a great game but it's not a bad game ... for wahtever reason i find myself coming back to it every now and then for some online action ... if you don't like it fine there are plenty of others for you to enjoy ... I think all this hate towards the game is ...well...just odd esp. for a game that really isn't that bad!! To much hype was hitched to this game how could it possabily meet everyones expectations?
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

For my case. I played halo3 at my friends house and it killed the urge in me to get a xbox 360.it just feels like playing halo and halo2 again with the same guns and stuff.Runerey619

Reported for trolling.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Wow it KILLED the urge?Its a threequel so they aren't gonna radically change gameplay. There are a bunch of new (and tweaked) weapons, new vehicles, new equipment, 4-player online co-op, and video playback for SP and MP games.

Guess thats not though for you.

rexxpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rexxpro
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

For my case. I played halo3 at my friends house and it killed the urge in me to get a xbox 360.it just feels like playing halo and halo2 again with the same guns and stuff.Runerey619

so what you are saying is they should have changed all the weapons and stuff in halo 3 to what was in halo 2?

please come back to reality. there isnt a lot of difference in weapons from the first gulf war to the second one now is there.

infact the only time an army changes weapons is when a new one is introduced. WW1 the tank was used, WW2 the atomic bomb etc. but they still used rifles and grenades in both.

Halo 3 is great, lots of game play and a lot more online multi player play.

Abito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Abito
Member since 2003 • 115 Posts

Halo 3 is alright. I don't really know what these other people are telling you. But I felt the same way when I bought the game. I mean for me I just doesn't hook on to me. I'm sure the others that played halo 1 and halo 2 that played the online everyday will tell you that halo 3 is the greatest game of all time. Idon't get me wrong it's a good game, Although the single player lacks even more then you think it did in halo 2. The graphics are good, not the best but good. When you look at models like expect for master cheif (meaning the others) they don't look so great. What makes the game worth playing really is the online.

Even for me, I played it non stop like a nerd and I just wasn't connected to it. The game is just ok and thats it for me. Others really might think I'm a hater but I'm not for the others that are reading this I'm just telling you the facts that no other gamer will tell you about this game. The game isn't worth 60 bucks but certainly lower. If a lot of your friends really play it then get it it'll be a lot more funner, un-like my friends or firends list no one hasn't even played halo 3.

NasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NasRex
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

WTF? so...you dont have 360 ,you dont have halo3 and you havent even finished the game...in my humble opinion you have no right to Bash this game, Plz GTFO!

wanderingblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wanderingblade
Member since 2005 • 353 Posts
Why isn't it good? That is an easier question. There isto much good about it.
Avatar image for LordLonewolf777
LordLonewolf777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LordLonewolf777
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
Halo 3 Sucked BADLY for me. It was pretty lame, only cooling was forge and multi. The crappest ending I could have ever imagined!!!
Avatar image for LordLonewolf777
LordLonewolf777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LordLonewolf777
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

[QUOTE="Runerey619"]For my case. I played halo3 at my friends house and it killed the urge in me to get a xbox 360.it just feels like playing halo and halo2 again with the same guns and stuff.NasRex

WTF? so...you dont have 360 ,you dont have halo3 and you havent even finished the game...in my humble opinion you have no right to Bash this game, Plz GTFO!

Hey, fan boy, get off ur damn horse and go jump in the river. Halo 3 was LAME!!! end of story.

so plz STFU!

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

it has co-op for single player and that's great. the single player on its self is mediocre.. but with co-op on veterean it gets great.

Online is great. svae film feature is great.

NasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NasRex
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
[QUOTE="NasRex"]

[QUOTE="Runerey619"]For my case. I played halo3 at my friends house and it killed the urge in me to get a xbox 360.it just feels like playing halo and halo2 again with the same guns and stuff.LordLonewolf777

Hey, fan boy, get off ur damn horse and go jump in the river. Halo 3 was LAME!!! end of story.

so plz STFU!

Can you plz point at the part where i said "halo 3 is good/great" in that post or anywhere else....

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26108207

[QUOTE="herbie12282"][QUOTE="NasRex"]its not sucky or whatever... its just average at best,NasRex

if halo is average what qualifies as an outstanding game to you?

Any FPS that is not a simple run and gun,I like to play game where i have to think alot,In halo3 your pretty much blasting everything that comes infornt and thats pretty much it.