Why I no longer support Microsoft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

In the year of 2007 when the 360 was pretty new I was super hyped for the holiday season. Since the 360 was pretty expensive during this time I was able to get the 360 and Halo 3 for Christmas, and that was pretty much it. I loved my xbox 360 and I played the hell out of Halo 3 on xbox live.

A little under a year later my Xbox 360 broke, and I called up Xbox customer service. Apparently my xbox was no longer covered by warranty. This really brought my piss to a boil and I wasn't able to do anything with my broken xbox because I didn't have any money to send it in and get it repaired. I was left no choice but to go back to playing my legacy systems while my friends played on xbox live. Then some of my friends 360's broke and they were in the same boat as me.

I later looked up the 360's technical problems on wikipedia, as i was curious as to how many people were affected by this horrendous atrocity. I later learned that the 360's had a 54% failure rate. I was in disbelief. How in the love of god can this be acceptable in the gaming industry? It's terrible to think that a great gaming company such as SEGA was reduced to becoming a software only company, but Microsoft is still in business and making hardware.

Being an American citizen I am disgusted that the United States of America's consumers have allowed microsoft to continue to conduct business and tarnish the great American pride with such a failure as this. SEGA didn't deserve the fate they were given. Microsoft deserves bankruptcy and Bill Gates should be stricken for his crimes.

I no longer support Microsoft because I was one of the many gamers who were a part of the 54% failure rate statistic.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Are we back in 2007 or something? I know the RROD sucked for all of us mate but was later addressed and fixed. Not only that but whats this got to do with the Xbox One?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ BattleSpectre

You do realise the Xbox One is Massive, still uses a big ass Power Supply, the controller Still does not come with lithium iron rechargeble Batteries as standard, still puts basic internet browsing and a bunch of other stuff behind a paywall, I wouldn't be surprized if generates heat like damn hot box. And most importantly, my Xbox 360 slim Red Lighted on me last month for reasons unknown. But hey..... Buy it because its American.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Fantastic now I'm thinking "What if I got a Wii instead" thanks alot. :(

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

I just want to let you know that America is not the world... The xbox was released across the globe... you being an american citizen has nothing to do with it...

Dtree11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Dtree11
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

I agree that 54% is not acceptable. I too had the RROD and paid the 50 or 60 bucks to Microsoft at the time to have it fixed. They later sent a check to me for reimbursement. If they would have never sent the check, I would have had the same attitude.

Did they explain why they would not honor the " one year warranty " ?

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

I got a free controller and game on two seperate incidents. You should have complained in a better way to them instead of complaining to us 7 years later.

Cpt_Amurrica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cpt_Amurrica
Member since 2012 • 29 Posts

Wow you really carry a grudge. I had 2 RROD, my brother had 3. They extended warranties for this issue so we were covered every single time. No big deal.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

First of all I am not American, I am Australian and Australia is known to be a PlayStation country. I'm buying both the PS4 and the Xbox One, why? Because i can and i'll enjoy both sides of the table rather then wishing a game would come over to the console i own.

@Lulu_Lulu Oh and have you seen how large the fans are on the Xbox One? there's a reason they've made the console so big and having an external power supply works better as having everything built inside the console would only generate more heat.Trust me I think Microsoft learnt their billion dollar lesson with the Xbox 360.

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

@conkertheking1: Microsoft lowered the RROD failure rate to the level of PS3 with the Slim. They learned; the Xbox One shouldn't have any more problems than what the PS4 is having.

Dougy_No_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dougy_No_1
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

Victim of 360 replacement twice :( !!

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts

I know how you feel, and i have learned my lesson, I will never buy any console on launch, I waited about 6 months before picking up a WiiU and the same will apply to PS4/XB1 I want to avoid another RRoD but M$ handled the problem pretty well IMO so i dont really have any animosity to the company.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

@murat8 said:

I know how you feel, and i have learned my lesson, I will never buy any console on launch, I waited about 6 months before picking up a WiiU and the same will apply to PS4/XB1 I want to avoid another RRoD but M$ handled the problem pretty well IMO so i dont really have any animosity to the company.

Pretty much this. Like them or hate them, Microsoft sucked it up, admitted that they messed up, and took a multi-billion dollar hit in trying to correct their mistakes.