Why do people hate GTA?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by Strife88 (6073 posts) -
I thought it was a great game, I still play it now. The fact that this game went for realism says a lot about the developers since we were so used to an arcade version style game from them. This is basically what all developers should be trying to do with their games imo.
#-48 Posted by makchady (1180 posts) -

lolz i read some of yalls opinions...... first off auto aim ( you can shut off auto aim if you want ) (SR2 shooting feels so much different then the first one) airplanes ( lolz i really dont care about the airplanes b.c i have saints row 2 and flyin them ain't that much fun and if airplanes are that awesome go get your flying license and fly away) muli player for GTA4 really its the first time they tried online play with this series i think the did more then fine for the first time ( SR2 only has 3 game online game modes ) and plus they even took the gang clan matches WHY? fanboys will be fanboys what do you call your self? Ive been playin SR2 since it came out ( same as the first one ) just with Co op and for the record i had a lot of fun with it but other then that co op was really highest point of this game....... Side missions? if you added all the missions in GTA4 with races and all the other side things you have a lot more then SR2aceofspades187

well LOLZ but um...lolz you can take off the auto aim and deal with the cruddy targeting or you can cheaply use the auto aim which targets things for you because without the auto aim its crud compared to say saints row. and the thing is i would take a full fledge coop mode any day over gta4's horrible multiplayer which even for a first attempt was bad. halo seemed to do multiplayer right on it's first attempt, i dont see why gta should get any leniency.

and no if you added all of saints row's side missions along with the main missions the amount of time spent in that game would far outweigh gta4's, but that isnt the point. the point is that gta4's missions are the same thing time and time again, whereas saints row has tons of diversity such as, as i already stated, the insurance fraud missions and mayhem missions. and i didnt claim to call myself anything, but if i was a fanboy i would freely admit it. however, im not a fanboy of gta or saints row for that matter. LOLZ

#-47 Posted by aceofspades187 (451 posts) -

[QUOTE="aceofspades187"]lolz i read some of yalls opinions...... first off auto aim ( you can shut off auto aim if you want ) (SR2 shooting feels so much different then the first one) airplanes ( lolz i really dont care about the airplanes b.c i have saints row 2 and flyin them ain't that much fun and if airplanes are that awesome go get your flying license and fly away) muli player for GTA4 really its the first time they tried online play with this series i think the did more then fine for the first time ( SR2 only has 3 game online game modes ) and plus they even took the gang clan matches WHY? fanboys will be fanboys what do you call your self? Ive been playin SR2 since it came out ( same as the first one ) just with Co op and for the record i had a lot of fun with it but other then that co op was really highest point of this game....... Side missions? if you added all the missions in GTA4 with races and all the other side things you have a lot more then SR2makchady

well LOLZ but um...lolz you can take off the auto aim and deal with the cruddy targeting or you can cheaply use the auto aim which targets things for you because without the auto aim its crud compared to say saints row. and the thing is i would take a full fledge coop mode any day over gta4's horrible multiplayer which even for a first attempt was bad. halo seemed to do multiplayer right on it's first attempt, i dont see why gta should get any leniency.

and no if you added all of saints row's side missions along with the main missions the amount of time spent in that game would far outweigh gta4's, but that isnt the point. the point is that gta4's missions are the same thing time and time again, whereas saints row has tons of diversity such as, as i already stated, the insurance fraud missions and mayhem missions. and i didnt claim to call myself anything, but if i was a fanboy i would freely admit it. however, im not a fanboy of gta or saints row for that matter. LOLZ

like a said 40+ hours tops of Saints Row 2 that's all it has for it......... insurance fraud & mayhem missions is really the only thing you can point out? what happen if GTA insurance fraud would you signed off GameSpot and go play these amazing missions? co op is a nice thing about the game but really the only thing that is that much fun....... couldn't help but notice you try to get at me with some LOLZ really doesn't phase me try harder.... GTA Muli player is better then SR2 ( halo did great the first time i wouldn't know didn't play the first one and halo2 i had barely played it online ) your new nickname for The "gamespot forums" "The Game" keep on name dropping....lets see how many games you can compare to GTA in the next post

#-45 Posted by aceofspades187 (451 posts) -

im sorry ace of spades i honestly cant understand what you are saying...could you speak in complete sentences please. thanksmakchady

No game name drop OMG dude get off my forum..... all this lil extra side missions/auto aims/you cant drive in GTA4 needs to come to a end LOLZ have a nice day playing Saints Row 2

#-44 Posted by makchady (1180 posts) -
....yeah
#-43 Posted by makchady (1180 posts) -
wait...im sorry, you ask me why i hate gta and i give you an honest answer then you tell me to get off your forum for giving you an honest answer? something isnt quite making sense here. it seems to me as though you are a gta4 fanboy who has been proven wrong, cant speak proper english, and now wants me to leave because you cant handle the argument in which you instigated. hmmm ok
#-42 Posted by GodLovesDead (9752 posts) -
GTA 4 was fun. A solid 8/10. A masterpiece it is not.
#-41 Posted by EquiIibrium (303 posts) -

This is basically what all developers should be trying to do with their games imo.Strife88
So Mario should be a more realistic game now?

Developers shouldn't make big changes to a winning formula for thier Franchise. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Unless its mouldy don't throw it out. In the case of GTAIV, Rockstar removed something that alot of people liked from previous GTA's and would of liked to see in IV.

I don't think anyone really 'hates' GTAIV, or even thinks it's a bad game. Most peoples gripes are how it's rated so high when they feel previous GTA games were alot better.

GTAIV is a good game and it's by no means bad or average even. It's a good game but for me, atleast, III-SA rank higher.

In my opinion they've gone for the 'Realistic' route, but they didn't pull it off aswell as they can the 'OTT arcade' style of the previous titles. But, theres GTA5 to come next. Which'll be interesting.

#-40 Posted by JohnnySN1P3R (1916 posts) -
I liked Saints Row 2, more variety and more activities.
#-39 Posted by aceofspades187 (451 posts) -

wait...im sorry, you ask me why i hate gta and i give you an honest answer then you tell me to get off your forum for giving you an honest answer? something isnt quite making sense here. it seems to me as though you are a gta4 fanboy who has been proven wrong, cant speak proper english, and now wants me to leave because you cant handle the argument in which you instigated. hmmm okmakchady

Yeah you gave me some your opinions. Most of them are stupid bottom line pointless to bring up. Auto aim for one who cares shut it off.Driving yeah it felt weird after the first hour but after that its alot better then A&X buttons pushing. ( my opinion ) Fanboy yes fan of the series always will be. Yes agree with you about them taking some of the fun things out but thy replacing it to a more realistic gaming play experience.

And there is no replay value in Saints Row 1 or 2.......Reason to tell you to get off my Post because all you do is say Insurance Fraud,Airplanes and no auto aim & name drop almost every game that is out.

#-38 Posted by fallenchicken (486 posts) -

So Mario should be a more realistic game now?

You cant use a game that has nothing to do with gta4 as a example to help your argument.

#-37 Posted by EquiIibrium (303 posts) -
It had nothing to do with the GTA arguement, it had to do with developers in general. Read what I quoted properly.
#-36 Posted by fallenchicken (486 posts) -

It had nothing to do with the GTA arguement, it had to do with developers in general. Read what I quoted properly.EquiIibrium

my bad didn't notice what you quoted.

#-34 Posted by makchady (1180 posts) -

[QUOTE="makchady"]wait...im sorry, you ask me why i hate gta and i give you an honest answer then you tell me to get off your forum for giving you an honest answer? something isnt quite making sense here. it seems to me as though you are a gta4 fanboy who has been proven wrong, cant speak proper english, and now wants me to leave because you cant handle the argument in which you instigated. hmmm okaceofspades187

Yeah you gave me some your opinions. Most of them are stupid bottom line pointless to bring up. Auto aim for one who cares shut it off.Driving yeah it felt weird after the first hour but after that its alot better then A&X buttons pushing. ( my opinion ) Fanboy yes fan of the series always will be. Yes agree with you about them taking some of the fun things out but thy replacing it to a more realistic gaming play experience.

And there is no replay value in Saints Row 1 or 2.......Reason to tell you to get off my Post because all you do is say Insurance Fraud,Airplanes and no auto aim & name drop almost every game that is out.

[QUOTE="makchady"]wait...im sorry, you ask me why i hate gta and i give you an honest answer then you tell me to get off your forum for giving you an honest answer? something isnt quite making sense here. it seems to me as though you are a gta4 fanboy who has been proven wrong, cant speak proper english, and now wants me to leave because you cant handle the argument in which you instigated. hmmm okaceofspades187

mitu seems to agree with me, and i have had plenty of people agree with my review on gta4 and compliment me for it. sure people disagree with my review, 15 out of 30 disagree, but in the same breath 15 other people agree with my review. so obviously my points are valid. i havent heard you make any great points in defense.

#-33 Posted by makchady (1180 posts) -
and truthfully, the only reason you dont want to listen to me or my statements is because you, as you have admitted, are a fanboy of the gta series and dont want to hear what the opposing side has to say. however, this doesnt make sense because you yourself opened up a thread asking why people hate gta. dont create a thread with that type of topic if you are unwilling to actually listen to the opposition.
#-32 Posted by Mac11_Fanboy (327 posts) -

San andreas was too sparse for repetition IMO, only so many times you can bicycle parachute off a tonk hill, but the gang warfare owned. Yeah GTA4 took out some of the things i was looking forward to (Tankzorz), but also added elements that made it great (the general realism was actually, for me, a breath of fresh air) the combat is awesome and the auto aim is fine IMO, My save game is at 70+ hours, thats not counting what I haven't saved, and I'll never get tired of slumping a driver on his horn. Epic LULZ.

Rockstar should put their RAGE engine to good use and make a new GTA:London with loadsa meelee, and junglist radio tings (my biggest, most missed feature.)

#-31 Posted by Toejam92 (63 posts) -
in san andreas i like how there was funner cheats but in gta iv its more fun realistic stuff like pushing people down the stairs and doing parkour in gta
#-30 Posted by aceofspades187 (451 posts) -

and truthfully, the only reason you dont want to listen to me or my statements is because you, as you have admitted, are a fanboy of the gta series and dont want to hear what the opposing side has to say. however, this doesnt make sense because you yourself opened up a thread asking why people hate gta. dont create a thread with that type of topic if you are unwilling to actually listen to the opposition.makchady

Fanboy of the series yes, but Ive played both saints row 1 & 2. Saints row #1 was just a copy of GTA and just throw some ability to smoke weed and drink & side missions that was fun but they got repetitive early. I'm not trying to seat here and but up a defends and at the end of they day you have you mind made up. I'm just saying the reason why you and "15 out of 30" people who agree with you are kinda dumb. I realize that you would rather have a unrealistic game over a realistic game ( which is fine.) But i only have one more question if you don't mind answering for me? If the future Saints Row come out and if they don't have any more Insurance fraud or side missions like that would you start to blast them or what?

#-29 Posted by Castlevania1986 (234 posts) -

For me its the lousy ugly graphics, poor driving controls, repeative missions with most of them being in doors which work horribly compared to outdoor missions. Cops are even more annoying even though you can get away from their easier. The whole date concepts is idiotic since all the chicks you date are poorly designed. Heck all the characters are badly designed. Not to mention the entire game is just boring. Neko is a wuss just like all the other main characters, his only goal is to kill because the pay is good. wtf kind of character motive is that? And he literatly puts up with his dumb fat cousins BS.

To me GTA 4 feels allot like the old games, nothing next gen about it. So deffinately a bore for me and I got it after the hype for it was long dead.

#-28 Posted by kubrick_11442 (16 posts) -
I don't so much hate i just feel it was a step back for gta i miss the tattoo parlours, gettin me hair cut going the gym etc and the cusomizing cars feature that was in san andreas
#-27 Posted by chaoscougar1 (37030 posts) -
i loved GTA, hated the driving though, cars feel like trucks, u pretty much have to stop to turn a corner
#-26 Posted by sivasiva (1088 posts) -

i heard they were doing a re-make of san andreas on the 360

guitarsrock4eva

Rubbish. Basically, all the fun things about GTA in the past series have been removed in GTA 4.

#-25 Posted by makchady (1180 posts) -

[QUOTE="makchady"]and truthfully, the only reason you dont want to listen to me or my statements is because you, as you have admitted, are a fanboy of the gta series and dont want to hear what the opposing side has to say. however, this doesnt make sense because you yourself opened up a thread asking why people hate gta. dont create a thread with that type of topic if you are unwilling to actually listen to the opposition.aceofspades187

Fanboy of the series yes, but Ive played both saints row 1 & 2. Saints row #1 was just a copy of GTA and just throw some ability to smoke weed and drink & side missions that was fun but they got repetitive early. I'm not trying to seat here and but up a defends and at the end of they day you have you mind made up. I'm just saying the reason why you and "15 out of 30" people who agree with you are kinda dumb. I realize that you would rather have a unrealistic game over a realistic game ( which is fine.) But i only have one more question if you don't mind answering for me? If the future Saints Row come out and if they don't have any more Insurance fraud or side missions like that would you start to blast them or what?

ability to smoke weed and drink? did you play the original saints? seriously and there were plenty of other side missions that i didnt name because mayhem and insurance fraud were the first two that came to mind if you would like me to talk about the side missions where you have to drive a person, who is in the back seat doing stuff wink winf, without the paparazzi catching you i could talk about that or the hitman side missions or the car theft one and i know there are a few others, but our reasons are not dumb, they are only dumb to you. and to answer your final question yes, if saints row took out all the fun aspects from their game like all those side missions and then took out there coop it would not be a good game and i would be very unhappy with it and voice my opinion. and for the record, i never said i wanted a unrealistic game over a realistic one. gta4 changed what worked for them. it's kinda like if the rainbow six series went from the realistic tone it has now to a more call of duty approach everyone would be ticked off. i dont understand why gta can get away with it when it goes in the opposite direction.

#-24 Posted by iam2green (13991 posts) -
i don't like it because they changed all of the game. u can drive any where and do missions (police cars, firetruck) they changed most everything that wa good on the gta sereis.
#-23 Posted by jamejame (10574 posts) -

I don't get it, people hype these games like no end; the first few weeks these hype-magnets come out the boards are flooded with topics saying "OMG! *insert overhyped game name here* is one of the greatest games I've ever played!!!111", and then suddenly it becomes cool to hate on said game. It happened with Gears of War, it happened with Halo 3, and now its happening with GTA.Then about 4-6 or so months after release it becomes the cool thing to start liking and defending these games again. The boards are flooded with topics like "Why do people hate Halo 3?", or this topic as well. GTAIV, Halo 3, and GeoW are all fantastic games people, if not all a victim of being overhyped. Enjoy them for what they are instead of picking on them for not living up to your irrational expectations.

#-22 Posted by mitu123 (154649 posts) -
Hey guys, lets list all of the activities in GTA IV and see if they're actually "fun".
#-21 Posted by mitu123 (154649 posts) -

I don't get it, people hype these games like no end, the first few weeks these hype-magnets come out the boards are flooded with topics saying "OMG! *insert overhyped game name here* is one of the greatest games I've ever played!!!111", and then suddenly it becomes cool to hate on said game. It happened with Gears of War, it happened with Halo 3, and now its happening with GTA.

Then about 4-6 or so months after release it becomes the cool thing to start liking and defending this these games again. The boards are flooded with topics like "Why do people hate Halo 3?", or this topic as well. GTAIV, Halo 3, and GeoW are all fantastic games people, if not all a victim of being overhyped. Enjoy them for what they are instead of picking on them for not living up to your irrational expectations.

jamejame

I don't hype games, the guys who preview them do, it's so obvious when they make it sound like an awesome game like here's an example:

GTA IV will have improved controls over past GTAs and online multiplayer for 16 players.

Halo 3 will have 2-4 player online co-op.

Gears of War will play unlike any other game you've played.

You should blame the sites who preview the game to make a game sound exciting and not boring. Here's an example of a boring game:

Hour of Victory plays like a generic WWII shooter.

No one is hyped after reading that.

Plus, you don't expect developers to make it crappy, they must raise the standards for games, otherwise games can't evolve, why else do you get "This game plays too much like the other games".

By reading previews and/or features of a game, your either hyped or your not. And how can you enjoy a game that you don't like?

#-19 Posted by wtfandyk (463 posts) -
It is a great game it is just missing many of the elements that made the other GTA games great
#-18 Posted by aceofspades187 (451 posts) -
[QUOTE="aceofspades187"]

[QUOTE="makchady"]and truthfully, the only reason you dont want to listen to me or my statements is because you, as you have admitted, are a fanboy of the gta series and dont want to hear what the opposing side has to say. however, this doesnt make sense because you yourself opened up a thread asking why people hate gta. dont create a thread with that type of topic if you are unwilling to actually listen to the opposition.makchady

ability to smoke weed and drink? did you play the original saints? seriously and there were plenty of other side missions that i didnt name because mayhem and insurance fraud were the first two that came to mind if you would like me to talk about the side missions where you have to drive a person, who is in the back seat doing stuff wink winf, without the paparazzi catching you i could talk about that or the hitman side missions or the car theft one and i know there are a few others, but our reasons are not dumb, they are only dumb to you. and to answer your final question yes, if saints row took out all the fun aspects from their game like all those side missions and then took out there coop it would not be a good game and i would be very unhappy with it and voice my opinion. and for the record, i never said i wanted a unrealistic game over a realistic one. gta4 changed what worked for them. it's kinda like if the rainbow six series went from the realistic tone it has now to a more call of duty approach everyone would be ticked off. i dont understand why gta can get away with it when it goes in the opposite direction.

"Ive played both saints row 1 & 2" 1000 gamerscore in saints row #1 and that should answer your question about if ive played the first one. All fun a new side missions but its 6 levels of the same thing. Just pick up more hoes or a high amount of money to fraud or damage done. I know no matter what game we play were always going to see the same missions. Really there the same side missions as last year but added Heli Races and i dont believe you could tow cars or truck driving ( name just a few thats on top of my head ) and co-op was just added to saints row 2. ( i believe they didnt that becuase i really think this year in gaming its all about co-op main story line.) and to me it sounds like your more a fan to the Saints Row games then GTA4. so last two saints row have been unrealistic ( again i dont have a problem with that ) and GTA4 was more realistic. for most of my friends that played the first saints row dont really like the second one for a couple of reasons. most of them are mad or upset about no gangs clan matches, free roam party lobby and the shooting/gun play on xboxlive it just feels really different. And i loved the first Rainbow Vegas but not Rainbow Vegas 2 ( they just did something wrong i cant put my finger on it but its just different online feel) And we all knew what GTA was going to do from the hands on demos & all the interviews and videos about GTA4. but yes i understand most of your opinions but yes some of them are still dumb to me and i will never get whats the big deal bout it. but thanks for your input

#-17 Posted by Coded12 (323 posts) -

I enjoyed it for a while but soon later the missions got so repetitive and boring (apart from a few). The multiplayer was also very disapointing.

I found myself relying on the achievements to carry me through the game until i reached the final mission which was the highlight of the story!

#-16 Posted by DaManJinx (315 posts) -

My personal opinion is that GTAIV is the most overhyped game of all time and i bought into it as well. I think alot of people bought into this surreal world that you can watch TV got to movies, theatres....etc. And when you start up the game and play it your so overwhelmed alot of people were scoring right there and then 10's all around the board, but as people played it more in depth soon relized how repetive and how much people dont care about all these nuances that were put in the game like the TV and the Bowling etc. I also agree with alot of what mak had to say. I think everyone gave fantastic scores because the vase majority myself included didnt not play it long enough to see that in actuality it was not that great of a game maybe a 8 out of 10 max for me.

The missions were boring, car handeling was god awful, lock on was annoying a majority of the time, music was not all that great. Again my opinion as for me SR2 kicks a$$ in alot of aspcets even the activities part in SR2 on the higher levels are complete BS but who cares thats why they made cheats. All in all i think people keep playing games when they are fun and not a chore and i think GTAIV unf was not that fun.

#-15 Posted by Heroldp813 (1966 posts) -

I don't get it, people hype these games like no end; the first few weeks these hype-magnets come out the boards are flooded with topics saying "OMG! *insert overhyped game name here* is one of the greatest games I've ever played!!!111", and then suddenly it becomes cool to hate on said game. It happened with Gears of War, it happened with Halo 3, and now its happening with GTA.Then about 4-6 or so months after release it becomes the cool thing to start liking and defending these games again. The boards are flooded with topics like "Why do people hate Halo 3?", or this topic as well. GTAIV, Halo 3, and GeoW are all fantastic games people, if not all a victim of being overhyped. Enjoy them for what they are instead of picking on them for not living up to your irrational expectations.

jamejame

I agree with you completely. People seem to like following trends. Whether it be liking a game or not liking a game. Halo 3 and COD 4 for instance, people don't like Halo 3 b/c it's not realistic, while Halo fans don't like COD b/c it's to cheap (People camping and easier to die). But the thing with this is when these games first came out those people liked them. It's after seeing friends like one game more then the other, that people start to hate the other game. My thing is both games are good, why not try to own in both, just to show how versatile you are and to not get tired of playing one game so much.

Now the people at Rockstar had the right idea, try to take the GTA formula and make a different game that might appeal to gamers. Only problem i see is that they didn't include some things that made me love San Andreas (Car Customization, Parachuting, and Planes). But that's what trial and error is for. Beleive me i understand where most people are coming from, you can only go on a date so many times b/f you just say "Forget this S#@%". I know that once they get the feedback of the things people liked and disliked with thier game, they'll make the changes. GTA didn't become of of the best games in our time just by going off the same formula year after year.

#-14 Posted by Heroldp813 (1966 posts) -

My personal opinion is that GTAIV is the most overhyped game of all time and i bought into it as well. I think alot of people bought into this surreal world that you can watch TV got to movies, theatres....etc. And when you start up the game and play it your so overwhelmed alot of people were scoring right there and then 10's all around the board, but as people played it more in depth soon relized how repetive and how much people dont care about all these nuances that were put in the game like the TV and the Bowling etc. I also agree with alot of what mak had to say. I think everyone gave fantastic scores because the vase majority myself included didnt not play it long enough to see that in actuality it was not that great of a game maybe a 8 out of 10 max for me.

The missions were boring, car handeling was god awful, lock on was annoying a majority of the time, music was not all that great. Again my opinion as for me SR2 kicks a$$ in alot of aspcets even the activities part in SR2 on the higher levels are complete BS but who cares thats why they made cheats. All in all i think people keep playing games when they are fun and not a chore and i think GTAIV unf was not that fun.

DaManJinx

I'm no GTA fanboy (I'm no fanboy of any game) but this game has detail. This game probaly did deserve a 9/10 9.5/10, but for people to say an 8 is ridiculous. This game is good it's just that it didn't have that much to offer, and you have to admit, our expectations of this game was ridiculous. We hyped it so much we ended up not liking it b/c it was missing some of the things we automatically thought would be in there.

#-13 Posted by Team_Supercool (44 posts) -
GTA IV is a good game guys, i dont know why all of you hate it, when i got gta IV the first day i couldnt put the game down, i think everything is fine in gta iv, the driving, aiming..you guys need to stop playing like a "PRO" and just have fun with the game.
#-12 Posted by mitu123 (154649 posts) -
See guys, this is what hype does to games, it ruins them, look at Halo 3, there's hate threads about that game, it's best to not hype games, I enjoyed games that didn't recieve much hype at all.
#-11 Posted by Tazzmission187 (804 posts) -
i loved the 4th one i see no flaws i think what alot of the others feel is to them it's to realistic. i think it deserved that 10 it got and thats just coming from me
#-10 Posted by Heroldp813 (1966 posts) -

See guys, this is what hype does to games, it ruins them, look at Halo 3, there's hate threads about that game, it's best to not hype games, I enjoyed games that didn't recieve much hype at all.mitu123

Are you being sarcastic?:(

#-9 Posted by Bubble_Man (3098 posts) -
I just find it more boring than Vice City or San Andreas. The previously mentioned games both had better atmosphere, music, and characters than GTA4. I'm not sure it would be the perfect word to use, but GTA4's game-play seemed more stiff.
#-8 Posted by mitu123 (154649 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]See guys, this is what hype does to games, it ruins them, look at Halo 3, there's hate threads about that game, it's best to not hype games, I enjoyed games that didn't recieve much hype at all.Heroldp813

Are you being sarcastic?:(

No, I'm serious.
#-7 Posted by KamikazeDonut (2957 posts) -
I don't know GTA4 looks kinda fun and whats wrong with a good story and a realsitic game there's still plenty to do and making Liberty City smaller allowed them to make it into a living breathing world although I have never played a GTA game (not my cup of tea I'll stick to my superhero sandbox games) but I have seen it and it looks great.
#-5 Posted by makchady (1180 posts) -

I don't know GTA4 looks kinda fun and whats wrong with a good story and a realsitic game there's still plenty to do and making Liberty City smaller allowed them to make it into a living breathing world although I have never played a GTA game (not my cup of tea I'll stick to my superhero sandbox games) but I have seen it and it looks great.KamikazeDonut

why are you commenting on something you havent played?

#-4 Posted by Heroldp813 (1966 posts) -

ace, of course i like saints row better because um...it was actually fun in comparison with gta4 which, like i have said, is a redundant and tedious chore of repetition that grew old extremely quick. sure the production value was top notch, but the inspiration was far from good. there isnt a single aspect of gta4 that has life to it, it's dull, it's boring, and it's not fun.

and you say that TO YOU my ideas are dumb, but TO ME your points are even worse. Ive yet to hear you make a legitimet argument or defense for gta4. on top of that, i seriously have a hard time reading your posts. I mean this in no offense, but are you from the states?

and whoever said this game shouldnt be rated below an 8 is ridiculous. i can name 3 games right now that have an average review score below or around an 8 that i would play any day over gta4. lost planet (78%), quake 4 (75%), and mercenaries 2 (72%) all beat gta4 hands down. to me gta4 does deserve below an 8/10 because it is an uninspired piece of garbage. videogames are a source of entertainment and repetition and lack of variety in missions is not entertaining, nor is taking girls on a date or eating at a diner. simply because the game was unenjoyable makes it a 6/10 in my books.

its true that rockstar changed a winning formula. i for one would have appreciated this change if it was actually fun, but it's not, and for that reason i like saints row more because it sticks with the tried and true formula and does it extremely well.

makchady

I'm sure your feeling Godly b/c a few people agree with you, but for you to say Mercenaries and Quake beats GTA 4 is the worst case of rambling i've seen in a while. Fine it's your opinion that these games are better, but if your opinion matters so much, why has GTA destroyed the two before mentioned games when it comes to sales as well as people online available to play. Like i said it's your opinion, but in my opinion this game was well done and I see what they were trying to do. Also don't tell me a game like this deserves an 8 b/c this game has more than enough detail to make you look crazy to say Mercenaries is better (Seriously, Mercenaries better then GTA, now I know your rambling)

#-3 Posted by KamikazeDonut (2957 posts) -

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"]I don't know GTA4 looks kinda fun and whats wrong with a good story and a realsitic game there's still plenty to do and making Liberty City smaller allowed them to make it into a living breathing world although I have never played a GTA game (not my cup of tea I'll stick to my superhero sandbox games) but I have seen it and it looks great.makchady

why are you commenting on something you havent played?

Because I can if I feel like it am I not entitled to speak (or type) when I want.

#-2 Posted by makchady (1180 posts) -
[QUOTE="makchady"]

ace, of course i like saints row better because um...it was actually fun in comparison with gta4 which, like i have said, is a redundant and tedious chore of repetition that grew old extremely quick. sure the production value was top notch, but the inspiration was far from good. there isnt a single aspect of gta4 that has life to it, it's dull, it's boring, and it's not fun.

and you say that TO YOU my ideas are dumb, but TO ME your points are even worse. Ive yet to hear you make a legitimet argument or defense for gta4. on top of that, i seriously have a hard time reading your posts. I mean this in no offense, but are you from the states?

and whoever said this game shouldnt be rated below an 8 is ridiculous. i can name 3 games right now that have an average review score below or around an 8 that i would play any day over gta4. lost planet (78%), quake 4 (75%), and mercenaries 2 (72%) all beat gta4 hands down. to me gta4 does deserve below an 8/10 because it is an uninspired piece of garbage. videogames are a source of entertainment and repetition and lack of variety in missions is not entertaining, nor is taking girls on a date or eating at a diner. simply because the game was unenjoyable makes it a 6/10 in my books.

its true that rockstar changed a winning formula. i for one would have appreciated this change if it was actually fun, but it's not, and for that reason i like saints row more because it sticks with the tried and true formula and does it extremely well.

Heroldp813

I'm sure your feeling Godly b/c a few people agree with you, but for you to say Mercenaries and Quake beats GTA 4 is the worst case of rambling i've seen in a while. Fine it's your opinion that these games are better, but if your opinion matters so much, why has GTA destroyed the two before mentioned games when it comes to sales as well as people online available to play. Like i said it's your opinion, but in my opinion this game was well done and I see what they were trying to do. Also don't tell me a game like this deserves an 8 b/c this game has more than enough detail to make you look crazy to say Mercenaries is better (Seriously, Mercenaries better then GTA, now I know your rambling)

im sure you feel godly for attemting to degrade me, but plenty of people agree with me, not just a few. and i will tell you that gta 4 deserves lower than an 8, ill tell you it deserves a 6. your opinion is that the game is great, my opinion is that it's horrible game that merely looks good. and the reason gt4 sold so much was because of all the hype and because insane reviewers gave the game a 10/10 for unworthy reasons and because it was launched across multiple systems and because it had the grand theft auto name. if saints row 2 had been called "GTA: Stillwater" it would sell 10 million copies as well and be praised for it's great coop gameplay and interesting and fun side missions. and i personally did like mercs 2 better.

#-1 Posted by harperseth (730 posts) -
Online sucks, Single player is great. You can only play single player so long though.
#0 Posted by daveyf03 (404 posts) -
It was my own fault that GTA IV was a letdown for me. It simply fell victim to my own overplaying of III, VC and SA. Thus even with the realism, the game didn't seem different enough. I was bored, but the game is well made.