Why did you get the 360?.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

solide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 solide
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts

I haven't been around in this part of the dark, flaming forums of GS for some time, but I was wonderin' why or what did make you wanna have the 360?

My decision started when I saw the face deforming on Figh night round 3, and went definitive when I just couldn't bare to see anymore trailers/video's displaying (what seemed at the time) the awesome gameplay of Dead Rising.

And now with Mass Effect coming up, Battlefield Bad Company, Mercenaries 2, Forza 2, HALO 3, and god knows what else, I'm crowning myself a proud owner of a Xbox 360 right here, and not the PS3' Cell nor HOME can counter that!

luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
I got it cuz my parents wouldn't buy me video games when I was a kid (except for like a nintendo game for xmas). Now that I got my own job, place and no homework I can spend horrendous amounts of money and hours turning my eyes square.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Assassins Creed, Halo 3, Banjo 3, GTA 4, Online Play (whenever I get Live)
lynchdogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lynchdogg
Member since 2006 • 570 Posts
For the amazing line up of games and microsofts affiliation with rare
kahuna9995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 kahuna9995
Member since 2004 • 162 Posts
Because the voices in my head told me to... In all sencerity I bought my 360 because the impact of being the first Next-Gen console and I already knew the benefits of Live and the strong software line up the previous Xbox had so it just seemed like a natural progession and I've never been dissapointed with my choice.
Avatar image for Light_Destroyer
Light_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Light_Destroyer
Member since 2004 • 2013 Posts
I wanted it because I saw Call of Duty 2 in action at Wal Mart, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I got it because I won it at school.
arvikatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 arvikatarn
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
Well.. Its kind of a funny story really.. Just last year i was a total cow/sheep.. i hated the Xbox totally.. but after E3 I just kept watching that Halo 3 trailer over and over again (17 times if im not mistaken) and i said to myself.. Screw teh 600$.. im getting this one... and the next week i got it... and the next week after i got it... the bastard broke... but im getting a new one this summer
solide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 solide
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts
Well.. Its kind of a funny story really.. Just last year i was a total cow/sheep.. i hated the Xbox totally.. but after E3 I just kept watching that Halo 3 trailer over and over again (17 times if im not mistaken) and i said to myself.. Screw teh 600$.. im getting this one... and the next week i got it... and the next week after i got it... the bastard broke... but im getting a new one this summerarvikatarn

I have to admit I've changed ships from Sony aswel, I was in all honesty a fanboy, more or less a Ps2 fanboy, I wouldn't admit that the x-box was better, although I have to say, there were definantly some games on the PS2 that made it worth my while.

I've been bashing on that the PS3 would rock the 360's socks, and would show him every corner, around the globe (great the world is round).
But after I saw footage, of next-gen games, and after I realised that the 360 had some tremendous games, and not to forget an extraordinary awesome line of upcomming games and most of them being exclusives, or at least for now, that's where the true power of the 360 hooked me.

And I couldn't care less about the PS3, this doesn't exclude me buying one, but it does exclude the hype I had about the system in the early days.
arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 arab_prince
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts
It was cheaper to buy an xbox360 than to upgrade my pc so it can play Oblivion.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
I owned a PS2 and I had bought Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for it.  My god was it terrible, and I noticed then that how the Xbox 360 version was so awesome.  At that time I pretty much determined the PS2 was of no use to me anymore, but I couldn't decide whether to go ahead and get the Xbox 360 or wait for the PS3, however either way I knew that I would want an HDTV so I focused on that.  Threw me together some money fairly quickly and got online to pick me out a tv and decided on a Samsung 42" Plasma HDTV.  Couple of days later I went to Best Buy to get that HDTV and by an act of God the TV had a deal with it if you bought the HDTV, Madden 07 & a wireless controller you got $300 off a Prem. Xbox 360 console.  I didn't think twice about the offer and have been very pleased with the whole purchase.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#11 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
The games.
cougar65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cougar65
Member since 2003 • 1035 Posts
Not going to lie, I got my 360 because i was bored this summer and figured i was eventually gonna get it anyways. But by far my 2 favorite features are using it as  a media center extender, and xbox live arcade

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
games.
lobobizarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 lobobizarro
Member since 2005 • 681 Posts
[QUOTE="kahuna9995"]Because the voices in my head told me to... In all sencerity I bought my 360 because the impact of being the first Next-Gen console and I already knew the benefits of Live and the strong software line up the previous Xbox had so it just seemed like a natural progession and I've never been dissapointed with my choice.

That's my reason. ANd plain and simple, the X360 is just a good choice for Next Gen with it's game line up.
Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
i traded my Nintendo Wii for a 360 :P and it was the best trade i ever had! :D
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
I got it for its line up of games and its unmatched online service Xbox Live. Also because of its media capibilities and because it's hard to come by a console that can do so much.

Also for Live Marketplace. :P
lusvell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lusvell
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

Amazing HD graphics, games and Xbox live.

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
First Next-Gen out and I had Live already anyhow.
Ade_Newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ade_Newman
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts

Why I got one? Purely for the games. Live, HD-DVD and BC are all benefits for me I guess = easy to please :)

ADe.

NicotineKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NicotineKid
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts

I decided to buy a 360 mostly because of the release of Dead Rising. Now with Mass Effect on its way, I couldn't be a more satisfied 360-owner.

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#21 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
I got mine because all my friends got 360's like the week they came out so after playing theres for a while I decided to go and get my own. It was a great decision.:)
Avatar image for MASTERCHIEFUSMA
MASTERCHIEFUSMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 MASTERCHIEFUSMA
Member since 2003 • 229 Posts
For me my Reason to buy and Xbox 360 goes deep into the past..

Back in the day i got a ps2 when they came out and it was great for the first couple months, then i played my cousins xbox just as it was coming out and i fell in love as i got my first frag in halo, soon after i stopped playing my playstation cause i didnt want to play Japanese RPG's 24/7 (nothing wrong with that on occasion) and got more into my xbox after i bought one, and then i got a PSP and hated it so by then i had lost my trust with sony and just didnt like their systems anymore (my ps2 broke 4 times by the way and i took very good care of it, never left a single thing in the system, even put a time limit on how much i played it) and then when they announce the 360 i knew i had to get one so i reserved one ASAP and when they released i got my 360 some games and will never look back. And now im glad i got it because there are amazing games comig out for it, sony fanboys will surely flame me for this but its the better system in my opionion cause its cheaper price and less Emphasis on "HD" and more on great games and content.
demon_turkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 demon_turkey
Member since 2004 • 10220 Posts
cuz it was gonna be a gift from the parents (b-day and x-mas, not just randomly :P) and i really wanted dead rising :D
Lorindol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lorindol
Member since 2004 • 2589 Posts
After I got my xbox I had completely ditched my ps2 and GC. Now I have the 360 because it is a great extention of the xbox brand. They offer the games I like and the community on live is excellent. They are doing things the way I like it and finally someone is catering to gamers and not developers.
captainoctopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 captainoctopus
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
bought mine because of the following games i saw:
-Oblivion
-Dead Rising
-Full Auto (i thought it would be awesome)
-COD2
-Halo 3
-Assassins Creed
-Two worlds
-Xbox Live