Why did not Microsoft NOT talk about the Family Sharing Thing more

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

Read this article: http://connecteddigitalworld.com/2013/06/15/xbox-one-owners-can-share-games-with-up-to-10-family-or-non-family-members/

It doesn't even have to be family members. What a shame that Microsoft didn't mention this more in their press conference. Great feature!

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JordanizPro
Member since 2009 • 1912 Posts

At this point Microsoft is going to need way more than a family sharing feature to win back their supporters.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

Read this article: http://connecteddigitalworld.com/2013/06/15/xbox-one-owners-can-share-games-with-up-to-10-family-or-non-family-members/

It doesn't even have to be family members. What a shame that Microsoft didn't mention this more in their press conference. Great feature!

XboxGuy1537
They really are dropping the ball on not coming out and setting everything straight. While I do not have any problems with what they are trying to do with their console many people do. I think a lot of that right now is a mix of them not explaining it and people not willing to accept that this is going to be the future of games. By that I mean the steam like structure. While I don't care that Microsoft is moving that way I do think they jumped the gun early. I do think that some of the features like game sharing will be pretty damn cool. In the end when not looking at it with fan boy glasses on its a good looking system with some possibly great new features. As long as they don't completely cut out the used market and make the physical media not available used at all it really shouldn't be a big deal. If they don't let the physical media move into a used market at all then they screwed up by not going all download only.
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Because they are making things up as we go..
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cheesie253
Because they are making things up as we go..Warablo13
I think they have a very detailed plan in motion but are testing the waters before they commit to anything. They are just so tight lipped right now I have a feeling they are waiting to see what the reactions are and could possibly change it up. In my opinion it's not that bad even with the new "restrictions" but in my scenario and in my opinion they don't bother me. The checking in should bother no one but those without Internet. The used game strategy has yet to be fully revealed so that's a tough one to call.
Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts
think they're quiet, because sadly; i don't expect it to work as peachy as we all hope. doesn't make sense, and seems to contradict all these new policies they're putting in place and taking heat for (actually seems like it'd be worse for sales than people being able to lend friends games or sell them on ebay.) kind of a bummer that the best feature is one we have so few details on though *maybe that's why :-(
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cheesie253
think they're quiet, because sadly; i don't expect it to work as peachy as we all hope. doesn't make sense, and seems to contradict all these new policies they're putting in place and taking heat for (actually seems like it'd be worse for sales than people being able to lend friends games or sell them on ebay.) kind of a bummer that the best feature is one we have so few details on though *maybe that's why :-(KaotiK_un_basic
Very true. Who knows. Hoping it works out for the best. Sounds like a really cool option.
XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#8 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

This is a very cool feature, and it is something Playstation is lacking in. 

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

This is a very cool feature, and it is something Playstation is lacking in. 

XboxGuy1537

You can already share games on the ps3.

Microsoft hasn't fully clarified how this family plan will work. As someone else mentioned I doubt it is exactly as advertised. What is the incentive to buy games at all if you can just get trade for access to them? 

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts

It is probably because family sharing places a precise limit on trading and usage.  Ultimately, it means you don't own the game.