Why can't we play without a disk in 360???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SpunkDust
Member since 2011 • 133 Posts

I mean we can games on demand DL and play from the hard drive. But we can only install disk games to the hard drive and then have to still use the disk to play? This suxxx becuase I want to install all my games and just play each without getting up and swapping disks?

I'm so just DD all my games next gen. And I can't do it now becaue they don't release the new game on games on demand the first day you have to wait months in some cases?

Anyone know a hack or a way to be able to play your games without a disk once you install them?

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

You cant do it because of piracy plain n simple. If you could do that nobody would buy games. Lastly were not allowed to talk about hacking here and you just shouldnt do it in general.

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#3 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

Okay,

One: I'm almost 100% positive you can't ask how-to-hack questions on the forums.

Two: If you were allowed to play your games without the disk in the drive, you could sell the disk, thus causing a troll-science worth fiasco where everyone on earth has a game even though only one copy was sold.

Three: It's just swapping disks. You've done it every generation up to this one; you can handle it.

Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
1)Because when you buy On Demand you are paying full retail price (usually more). If you didn't need the disc to play installed games, obviously everyone would just rent/borrow/buy-used-then-return every Xbox 360 game ever made, install it, and then return it for slim to nothing. The point of installs is to improve the performance of a game, reduce load times, and to help extend your console's lifespan. 2)You might be able to DD all your games right as they come out next gen. No one knows yet. That would be great, as long as prices actually stay competitive to the physical copies. 3)No.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
lol i find it funny. Before you had to put in the game turn it on and everything. Sometimes get dusty carts and have to blow/clean them out in order to play. Now you can turn the system on with the controller all you have to do is put in the disk if its not already in and yet thats still asking to much. Kids these days :P
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
Well I guess MS just places preventing piracy higher on their priority list than saving you 10 seconds of work every couple of hours. Shocking, I know. Also, I can't believe you came on this forum (arguably the most heavily moderated game forum on the web) and asked if anyong knows any hacks that would allow you jailbreak your 360.
alphabetguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alphabetguy
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
This is pretty old news :/ It's just a sacrifice of laziness us 360 users have to make cause of piracy. So get up and don't be a potato!
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
lol i find it funny. Before you had to put in the game turn it on and everything. Sometimes get dusty carts and have to blow/clean them out in order to play. Now you can turn the system on with the controller all you have to do is put in the disk if its not already in and yet thats still asking to much. Kids these days :PAutoPilotOn
Seriously. I guess 8 feet is too far.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Because what would happen would be this: 1. Buy a game with 10 friends, paying $6 each 2. Go to all your friends' houses and install the game on their consoles 3. Now 10 people play the game having bought only one copy Understand now?
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
You cannot open up discussion asking ways to hack a system. Hence the closing of this thread.