Why cant every game have servers like COD4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

simpsongamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 simpsongamer
Member since 2004 • 366 Posts

Ok so i got Xbox live 3 months ago so im still sorta new and the first game i played was COD 4 and it is so easy to start a party and invite friends in and to join a game. But in games like RSV2 which i just got it is to hard to invite friends in and start a party. I dont even know how to invite friends in on RSV2. So i wish every online game had a server like COD4 except for the host thing.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#2 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Im pretty sure that has nothing to do with the actual server but more with just how the game was built. Halo 2 and 3's party systems are similar, so it's not as if CoD4 did anything new/revolutionary.
simpsongamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 simpsongamer
Member since 2004 • 366 Posts

sorry what i meant to say was the lobby system not the servers.

Avatar image for Twisted-Ice-God
Twisted-Ice-God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Twisted-Ice-God
Member since 2008 • 755 Posts
cod4 has very good servers and awsome lobby system... its allround one of the best multiplayer fps ever... rb6v2 aint got nothing
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
I don't like the matchmaking in COD4. It's fine with private games with friends, but terrible when you're looking for something specific. I like the R6V system because you can create your own match, make everything how you want it and let people join. With R6V you can customise your search when searching for games, whereas in COD4 it just chucks you into the first game of the selected mode. I prefer to refine my searches a little.
SaintTheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 SaintTheKing
Member since 2007 • 918 Posts

Halo 3 has the best lobby system...

ratchet3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ratchet3
Member since 2004 • 7883 Posts

cod4 has very good servers and awsome lobby system... its allround one of the best multiplayer fps ever... rb6v2 aint got nothingTwisted-Ice-God

Nope, I don't think so, When the game ends out of nowhere and you wonder wtf happened, no way I can say that CoD4 servers are very good.

fonzipwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fonzipwns
Member since 2006 • 682 Posts

Agree with that. All multiplayer games should have a lobby system like COD4/Halo.

And the game only ends prematurely because the host leaves - nothing you can do about that.

Mabooza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mabooza
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts
Yeah, the server browser in Vegas 2 is pretty poor. Hardly an improvment over the first one. CoD4 has the best one I've seen in a console game. All future games should rip it off.
ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
your all newbs r6v2 is great online, you just got to know what your doing. im sick of all the complaning
ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
your all newbs r6v2 is great online, you just got to know what your doing. im sick of all the complaning
A4Audiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 A4Audiguy
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts

N00b or not, getting kicked all the way back to the main screen after every match is rediculous. R6V2 needs to stop acting like its a n00b to onine play (which its not) and get it right.

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
CoD4's lobby system beats halo 3's because of the fact that it keeps people together in the same match. Coming from playing a lot of PC FPS's it's nice to be able to compete against the same people, develop rivalries, and exact your revenge throughout a series of matches rather than have a new group of people each match unless you're partied up. CoD4 did right by me.
jrobinow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jrobinow
Member since 2005 • 418 Posts
My only complaint about COD4 is the matchmaking itself, not the system, but the fact that matches are not made based on rank or skill level. That's one of the few things Halo has over COD4.
herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 herbie12282
I actually like that there's a good mix of people in most matches. Some good, some decent, some awful. I don't feel the need to have frustrating battle after frustrating battle against people that are all of equal skill. It makes the game less fun.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

My only complaint about COD4 is the matchmaking itself, not the system, but the fact that matches are not made based on rank or skill level. That's one of the few things Halo has over COD4.jrobinow

My thoughts exactly - COD might have good things like party and lobbies, but the complete lack of matching players of similar ability is crazy. Putting rank1 players against prestige 10 level 55 players is totally stupid. They might balance the teams at the end of each round, but it does nothing to even the game for people who are low level fighting players with massive amounts of playtime and experience.

Halo may not be perfect, but by grouping players together in ranges of 10 levels it atleast tries to match people of similar ability together.

dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts

ummm... last i noticed, there arent dedicated servers for cod4, at least not on xbox 360, because when the game "Mysteriously ends for no reason" it also says(if you can read) That the host ended the game. When you are the first one into the lobby, you are hosting the game. Host advantage is also prevalent in this game, just like all the rest. Anyways, just pay attention and you would notice these things.

peace.

PS: battlefield 2 had dedicated servers, as you had to "request" a fresh game.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts

sorry what i meant to say was the lobby system not the servers.

simpsongamer
yeah i was about to say the servers cod4 are not that good.... and why cant developers use dedicated servers instead of this host crap... oh wait i know, cause they are cheap and lazy...
Hulkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Hulkness
Member since 2008 • 1271 Posts

CoD4's lobby system beats halo 3's because of the fact that it keeps people together in the same match. Coming from playing a lot of PC FPS's it's nice to be able to compete against the same people, develop rivalries, and exact your revenge throughout a series of matches rather than have a new group of people each match unless you're partied up. CoD4 did right by me.herbie12282

Thats because in CoD4 its not to hard to be good so the matches almost always seem fair where as in Halo3 you'll see one team dominate the other more often and to recycle that is just not fair.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
Halo 3 has an easier lobby system than Cod, but they're both good.
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 MrYates808
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
Why can't gas stations have the same price for gas?
herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 herbie12282
Why can't gas stations have the same price for gas?MrYates808
way off topic but a good point nonetheless.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts
[QUOTE="MrYates808"]Why can't gas stations have the same price for gas?herbie12282
way off topic but a good point nonetheless.

why cant everyone have the same opinions and perceptions in the world... oh wait that is happening slowly... so how does the sea of unoriginality and bland feel as you swim through it people??? so do you really like having your free will stripped from you??? how does it feel to listen to music for others, play certian games to fit in... have certian jobs because they are more accepted that others, by others... how does it feel to live your life for someone else, regardless if you know it or not, that is a form of suicide... the masses are growing everyday. unique is becomming even more rare... so let the ones that still are like what they like (cause they actually might like it for themselves)... and let the "your so off-topic" ...."you have no business posting this in here" .... "and know-it-all" commence....
hellshemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hellshemi
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
your all newbs r6v2 is great online, you just got to know what your doing. im sick of all the complaningag3ntz3rox0x
Amen